The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Doris and Olives Holiday Diary

Aww that’s good :emoji_blush: how long now til baby arrives ? :emoji_baby:

No, that's my friends daughter. Is it, what temp is it near you? 32 degrees here

5th August 2018
This evening we went for a carvery. Due to the heat (32 degrees) the dogs didn't come but as we know the owners they allowed us to have a doggy bag full of beef and pork :) More than i have ...

No, that's my friends daughter. Is it, what temp is it near you? 32 degrees here
30 degrees here Violet! But thankfully cooling down on Wednesday ...32 sounds quite pleasant with a pool to cool off in ! Are the girls coping ok with the heat? Mine seem to be getting used to it now, not panting like they were when it first started :)

They aren't too bad in the heat but when they sun bathe in it they do come out very panty. Doris seems to love the pool but Olive not so much :). 30 degrees! Wowzers that's hot! We went to the beach today. another 3 and a half weeks of this weather :)

They aren't too bad in the heat but when they sun bathe in it they do come out very panty. Doris seems to love the pool but Olive not so much :). 30 degrees! Wowzers that's hot! We went to the beach today. another 3 and a half weeks of this weather :)

Our 2nd to last full day here in Spain... The dogs have been so well behaved. Tomorrow we are going to our vets too get them wormed for coming back into the UK.... Then we will be traveling to France and staying at 3 places until we get to the Euro Tunnel.
Olive and Doris last day.JPG

The dogs waiting for a ball...

We have come to our first stop in France. It is a caravan, clean but doesn't provide everything such as loo roll and a kettle but its okay... We will be out for 8am and ready for another 6 hour drive. The dogs love it here! :)

No kettle :eek: that’s a necessity surely ;) you seem to have been away for ages , hope you’ve all had a lovely time :) how’s ‘baby’ doing ? Not long now :rolleyes: what date are you due?
Should have said a toilet roll is definitely a necessity too :D:D

@Mayblossom We have been away for about 5 weeks...
It has been amazing!
A kettle would have been great, but we did it the old fashioned way in a pan. We also had no bedding, TV, aircon, mugs for a brew, even toilet rolls were not provided! luckily we took 1 roll for the dogs water bowls to dry out but its fine... Baby's good, November time.
The dogs have loved it here. Even Olive escaped today so i had to chase her it was not fun, it panicked me because its a caravan site and if Olive was to run past a caravan and her to be run over i would loose my independence :(.
It has just started raining :(
We are driving for 7 hours... Our next stop is in deman de douvet (Something like this) We have stayed in Argeles-Sur-Mer. This place was a disappointment...
Speak when we get there :)

Last edited:
LOL.. its amazing what we call necessity but the French consider useless, I remember one holiday when we had a garlic crusher and a set of things to eat snails with but no kettle or mugs.. I would have expected loo rolls to cross most international barriers though!

LOL.. its amazing what we call necessity but the French consider useless, I remember one holiday when we had a garlic crusher and a set of things to eat snails with but no kettle or mugs.. I would have expected loo rolls to cross most international barriers though!
I know.... We would have brought some more things if we were told at booking.

2nd stop in France ~ domaine des douves

We arrived to be greeted by a kind gentleman who showed us to our family room; a 4 single bed and a queen size bed :). The grounds are amazing! So very old fashoned but also very modern.
Yesterday we were kindly offered dinner at their in-built restaurant. So this evening they made us chicken in a cream cheese sauce with cheesy potatoes and also a sweet honey mustard. They provided water, but 1 bottle of red was 15 Euros! Then for desert was a raspberry coulis and sugar biscuits. We have opted for the continental breakfast at a price of 7 Euros p/p.

But they do allow dogs in the restaurant but with Doris being really loud we kept them in the room. It is a communal kitchen and lounge area. They have free WIFI. And tomorrow our drive is 4 hours to our next stop then 1 hour until Calais for the Eurotunnel.

bedroom @hotel.JPG

this is the queens bed down stairs
Shower @Hotel.JPG

this is the bathroom
upstairs @Hotel.JPG

this is the upstairs with 4 single beds

Last edited:
Good Morning! The dogs are packed i am packed and we will be heading to the Eurotunnel soon (about 1 ish) We have everything prepared and the dogs seem sleepy ready for the drive.
Today we stayed in a gite and it is on the border of Calais called auberge a la ferme, we also dinned in there on site restaurant it was very nice. They don't provide breakfast so we nipped to a local Carrefour it is about 7 km away. We had fresh baguettes with butter and jam and also we had smoked salmon and cream cheese. Today on the Euro Tunnel we are booked into the lounge, were there will be complementary food and drinks! I will do a post about traveling from the UK to the EU. It may come in handy for someone... :)

Last edited:
We are currently stuck in traffic in the UK! Yes we are back on UK grounds. The Euro tunnel was so easy and quick... This is where we are -
Stuck in traffic.png

The dogs have been amazing so far... They have slept the whole way :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back