I’m not 100% but most of the below is true in most bottled water:

• Coliform

• Chloride

• Iron

• Manganese

• Dissolved solids

• Fluoride (some water)

• Zinc

Most of that list of additives in bottled water are probably found in tap water too. And they are meant to be - there's a reason we don't drink distilled water. Are there any credible sources you can give that show actual harm to dogs through drinking bottled water? Or is it the usual shock horror hypothetical type of article we read in the Daily Mail (if we actually read the Daily Mail, that is)? Most vets/websites say bottled water is fine for dogs. One I've found that disagrees is called 'Ban the Bottle' so not completely objective...

I have this travel flask, it is good and has lasted well.
They are brill because when i go to Spain i will always take it with me when I'm in the car as we go on the ferry and all my dogs loved it and Olive doesn't seem to care about it... :)

It is good as it keeps the water cool too. I also bought the neoprene carry sling for it which makes it easier to carry on walks.

It is good as it keeps the water cool too. I also bought the neoprene carry sling for it which makes it easier to carry on walks.
I'm still waiting to buy a sling because i only really use it for on the ferry, but on my 2 hour walks morning and night we stop off at a café and they give Olive a large bowl of filtered water as Olive won't drink bottled or tap :mad:

Of course, none of this mentions the amount of plastic particle found in bottled (and no doubt tap) water as highlighted in this week's news. I don't agree with the OP's friend who says rain water is free from additives, it will most likely contain more nasties from general air pollution. Puddles? Yep they all do it, but be wary of the source especially near a farm (agricultural run-off). Same with rivers, which can also contain algae poisonous to dogs and other animals. Jimbo gets taps water in a stainless bowl. Same thinking as @JudyN - if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for him ;)

Of course, none of this mentions the amount of plastic particle found in bottled (and no doubt tap) water as highlighted in this week's news. I don't agree with the OP's friend who says rain water is free from additives, it will most likely contain more nasties from general air pollution. Puddles? Yep they all do it, but be wary of the source especially near a farm (agricultural run-off). Same with rivers, which can also contain algae poisonous to dogs and other animals. Jimbo gets taps water in a stainless bowl. Same thinking as @JudyN - if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for him ;)
why have you chosen a stainless steal bowl for water?

This can have harmful bacteria in... but obviously if he's fine with it then i can't do much and neither can you

Well I figure that dogs as a species have been drinking from ponds and puddles since time immemorial and long before we became obsessed with cleanliness and hygiene. He's a country pup. He's fed raw, he eats decaying mice the cat leaves around the garden, cat poo, dog poo, horse poo, cow pats and goodness knows what else so I'm not terribly worried about the pond. I garden organically so chemical contamination isn't a worry and frog flavoured water is clearly greatly superior to his bowl!

He has a robust anti parasite and worm routine which is about all I can realistically do

Well I figure that dogs as a species have been drinking from ponds and puddles since time immemorial and long before we became obsessed with cleanliness and hygiene. He's a country pup. He's fed raw, he eats decaying mice the cat leaves around the garden, cat poo, dog poo, horse poo, cow pats and goodness knows what else so I'm not terribly worried about the pond. I garden organically so chemical contamination isn't a worry and frog flavoured water is clearly greatly superior to his bowl!

He has a robust anti parasite and worm routine which is about all I can realistically do
Okay, i was just worried as algae is poisons to dogs

Some algae are poisonous to dogs. Kelp is a form of algae and is often added to dog food for its health benefits.

No particular reason, we just happened to buy two as a set, one for food, one for water. He now has a plastic food bowl designed to slow down his eating a bit (just a bit :D).
okay was just wondering

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back