The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E A W C C

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Greetings all lure coursers :thumbsup: The monumental meeting of last Saturday which was Henham Park is now past and we move on to Gillingham for our final meeting of this wet season :) this coming Saturday.

Can I just make the point, that this meeting is to be held at GILLINGHAM ( with a soft G ) which is just outside BECCLES SUFFOLK . Having spoken with Bob earlier, it appears that some members thought it was to be held at Gillingham ( hard G ) in Kent.

Glad I can clear that one up :thumbsup: Suffolk not Kent.

I will put clear directions up a little later and a photo of the trophy we are running for as well as something of its history.

So, more later :thumbsup:

No the blue face suits her................... :lol: :lol:

hahahaha.... just you two wait... picking on me and all! how rude! :eek:

i dont get excited very often so u should all get to enjoy it! :- "

This is what you are competing for at Gillingham. The Stableyard Championship Trophy. It is in solid silver and we have been lucky to hold it for the past year, courtesy of Henrietta winning it at Hokham last year. This is probably the most prestigious trophy in our club more so than our puppy cups.

Some of the past winners of this trophy are coursing legends: Skylark Majestic, Banatay Bismark, Banatay Bonanza, Ultra Vixen, Chyton Repetition, Shuleah Scheherazade. The list goes on and on back to 1992. Hopefully Diane will pass it on to the latest winner this weekend.

GM1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the lady who gave this fine trophy. :)

A real sporting person who bred top class racehorses, coursing greyhounds and

whippets. :thumbsup:

good :luck: to all running for this

There will be a lurcher etc stake at this event I will persue this further a little later.

Greetings all lure coursers :thumbsup: Where have all the lurchers gone :wacko:

There will be a stake at our Championship meeting this coming Saturday. All we are short of is the lurchers.

Will Claire be there? (w00t) Is Posh T entering? :) There were some competitors who were at Holkham who seem to have gone to ground (w00t) . Has anyone seen them? :eek:

Still time for everyone and anyone with a lurcher and similar, you know the ones, to enter and join with us in what is expected to be a great day and hey! The weather forcast is for sunshine and dry conditions. Now things are looking up :teehee: Let me know if you're coming. :luck: :thumbsup:

i will be there !!! along with 4 dogs and a trial puppy :thumbsup:

now i didnt say id just be bringing 4 and the puppy did i???? they are just the entrants (w00t) have to see if the tardis has any more room lol (w00t) now which others shall i bring................................................................... :clown:

Lurch and his tribe said:
what distance is the course out of intrest and the off time maybe able to do some diary jiggling!

If I understand you correctly, the distance will be 500M ish or more I expect

Off time. If that means the start time of the whole event, it would be to assemble at 9am for a 9-30 start. The start time does tend to slip somewhat. Thanks :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Lurch and his tribe said:
what distance is the course out of intrest and the off time maybe able to do some diary jiggling!

If I understand you correctly, the distance will be 500M ish or more I expect

Off time. If that means the start time of the whole event, it would be to assemble at 9am for a 9-30 start. The start time does tend to slip somewhat. Thanks :thumbsup:

i think the start time has been put back 30mins to help us yorkshire lot (w00t)

controversial said:
i think the start time has been put back 30mins to help us yorkshire lot  (w00t)
Yes we all know Trish struggles to get out of her pit in the mornings :lol: :lol:

has anyone got the draw for Saturday yet? Pretty please.... :*

maggiemay2 said:
has anyone got the draw for Saturday yet? Pretty please....  :*
The draw for club events isn't published. If you were to call Bob during the evening i'm sure he may be able to help. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back