The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E A W C C

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As its the Championship, i'll try and get it this aft' and put it up :thumbsup:

This is the draw for the East Anglian Whippet Country Club Championship meeting

HOT AMBER BELLE

MISEMAINE PICCALILLI

VANYA NEOLITHIC SHADOW

CUPIDS ARROW

PENNY PITCHERS

CHARFORD BETH

BEUBEZI FUN AND FROLIC

JIGSAW OF KNOYLE

STOCKHOUSE MISTY DAWN

VANYA CHEYENNE SKY

FIRE BLADE

WINTERFELL TINKERBELLE

LYNPERRY EAST WIND

BANATAY BOLLY

SOLO ACT

BANATAY BOOMERANG

Res. OAKMOOREHILL BAFANA AT HIGHISLAND

Top dog of each couple- red collar

I think you would go a long way to get a 16 dog card with more quality. This is a fitting end to our season with so many useful dogs competing for what is argueably the top event in club whippet lure coursing.

HERE IS THE DRAW FOR THE KIZZY TROPHY

NORTHERN MOONBEAM

BANATAY BOLLINGER

REBECCA'S VALENTINE

OAKMOOREHILL BAFANA AT HIGHISLAND

PARKSTONE QUEEN OF THE NILE

WINTERFELL SPRITE

SAUCEY MADAM

SPIRIT OF APPIN

I know that it was stated that we could start a half hour later to assist distance travellers. However the nearer you can get to 9am the better as there is a lot to get through. I will pm the travellers to explain further :thumbsup:

An interesting draw. :luck: to everyone tomorow.. :thumbsup:

thanks lampy for putting up the draw, good luck to all the dogs running and hope they all go home injury free :huggles:

will be there as soon as able,going to set the alarm for the usual time :thumbsup:

lampy could you give us some idea where we need to be at gillingham as we dont have a clue (w00t)

OK everyone. Directions for Gillingham which is actualy in Norfolk but the postal address is Beccles which is in Suffolk :blink:

Now. From Norwich southern bypass which is the A47 look to filter left to follow the sign for Lowestoft. You will then get on the A146 heading for Lowestoft. you will, after 12-15 miles arrive at a roundabout, There is a McDonalds and a filling station on this roundabout. Take the first exit off the roundabout, signed for Gt. Yarmouth A143 About a mile or so on this road look for a track/farmroad which is a turning to the right. It will be indicated to you as a post and rail fence, so look for that. Drive down to the farm yard buildings. That is where we gather. Sparky. You have been there of course so will know. For those that haven't, you will find it OK. If you do become lost then call me on 07767 402397 and I will laugh (w00t) book you missing and hopefully get a bye (w00t)

Good luck everyone :luck: :thumbsup:

I've just spoken with my vet. He tells me that in our area there is no increase in reports of kennel cough. For those travelling to this event you may find that reassuring :thumbsup:

Due to the recent out break of Kennel Cough we've had to take the action of closing the club to non members dogs (ie: those wanting to attend from other clubs that might have run at opens or the champs) and also any member who runs at any other club (ie: East Anglia lure coursing or an open ect) wont be able to run at the Lancashire for 3 weeks from the date they ran at the other meeting as kennel cough has a 10-14 day incubation period and could be passsed around during the incubation period.

these steps have been taken to safe guard our club dogs from contracting kennel cough as at the moment all the reported cases are down south.

lamping man said:
OK everyone. Directions for Gillingham which is actualy in Norfolk but the postal address is Beccles which is in Suffolk :blink:
Now. From Norwich southern bypass which is the A47 look to filter left to follow the sign for Lowestoft. You will then get on the A146 heading for Lowestoft. you will, after 12-15 miles arrive at a roundabout, There is a McDonalds and a filling station on this roundabout. Take the first exit off the roundabout, signed for Gt. Yarmouth A143 About a mile or so on this road look for a track/farmroad which is a turning to the right. It will be indicated to you as a post and rail fence, so look for that. Drive down to the farm yard  buildings. That is where we gather. Sparky. You have been there of course so will know. For those that haven't, you will find it OK. If you do become lost then call me on  07767 402397 and I will laugh (w00t) book you missing and hopefully get a bye (w00t)

Good luck everyone :luck:   :thumbsup:

thanks for the directions lampy :thumbsup: :)

A slight alteration to the Kizzy Trophy tomorrow :

HIGHISLAND JUST JESSIE joins the card at number 9 :thumbsup:

WOW (w00t) For the final event of our season I can report that despite the best efforts of they who sought to disrupt and generally hijack proceedings yesterday, we have once again staged a thoroughly exciting, successful and injury free meeting where the best of sport was enjoyed by the members.

I will post the results a little later and of course there will be the usual full compliment of pictures from some of those assembled. So see you all again soon :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
As you can see from this sequence, not everything always runs smoothly

GM1-1.jpg

GM2-1.jpg

GM3.jpg

wow.gif
Look at them.....Brilliant pictures

I think its Queen of the Nile being overwhelmed by a greyhound (w00t)

oi!!! thats my lickle jessie!!! looks much bigger than her true height of 18 3/4!!! (w00t)

Well done everyone glad you had a good day, look forward to joining you all next season :)

OK everyone. Some results. As has been said, we enjoyed some fantastic sport today and it was of course a delight to welcome members from the north of England who made the effort to join us for this, the Championship.

THE STABLEYARD TROPHY FOR 16 ALL AGED WHIPPET FINALISTS

THE WINNER: Ms SARAH TOLLER'S CUPID'S ARROW

R/UP MR AND MRS G GILFEATHER'S LYNPERRY EAST WIND

There were some very useful dogs on this card as I opined yesterday and both the winner and runner up should be hugely congratulated for what they have achieved with their dogs. I know that Sarah does not have internet access but she was quickly made aware of her success( she could not be with us today). I think that Cupid's Arrow is a phenomenal dog. Well done Sarah!

THE KIZZY TROPHY FOR ALL AGED WHIPPETS

THE WINNER Mrs Gant's REBECCA'S VALENTINE

R/UP Ms Docwra's HIGHISLAND JUST JESSIE

Another brilliantly contested stake with two worthy finalists

Rebecca's Valentine and Cupid's Arrow share the same breeding

Goodad Lyrical Lad/ Lady Rebecca. Wouldn't mind a few of those!

As ever, well done to everyone that attended to make the day what it was. The sun shone for a change and a good day was enjoyed by all.

That is it for this season. The acclaimed East Anglians will be once again competing from September onwards. There will be further Opens so I am told and of course our famed club events with a sprinkling of lurcher stakes I have no doubt :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back