The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

English Derby 2008

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
adult bitches

17lb

crystal blue 16

20lb

annie hough 20

doriva 18 4ft 1st

alva star 18 4ft

23lb

a kinda pleasure 22 1st

game on 22

attraction 21

26lb

another dance 25

bally so 24 2ft

cavendish lady 24 2ft

cacharel 24 2ft 1st 9-17

flamin fox 24 2ft

29lb

dazzling sunrise 29

sugar rush 29

foxy roxy 29 1st 9-00

indica 27 2 ft

dogs

17lb

kia sera 16 9-45

20lb

little bill 20 1st 9-34

umbrella 18 4ft

26lb

showman 26 11st 8-94

glimmer 26

fiddler 24 4ft

32lb

conners ranger 31

maid ya point 30 2 ft 1st

southern spark 30 2ft

l/w bitch

a kinda pleasure 22 1st

doriva 18 8ft

crystal blue 16 12ft

h/w bitch

foxy roxy 29

cacharel 24 10ft 1st

l/w dog

little bill 20 1st

kia sera 16 8ft

h/w

maid ya point 30 1st

showman 26 8ft

final

maid ya point 4th

cacharel 2nd

kinda pleasure 1st

little bill 3rd

Yearling Supreme Connor's Mist 8)

2nd What's New

3rd Sid Young

4th Magic Flyer

:thumbsup:

Very pleased with the performance of Connor's Ranger in the adult dogs :D

:lol: It was a really nice weekend there was sum pple very angry about the decions on sata but they wouldnt move. Thankfully i wasnt there sata lol i was shopping hehe :lol:

sunday went great just the dogs were piking the lure up. sata nite was the best turn owt but still ne1 there coz there was ne X Factor, there was hardly any one in fancy dress lol

and sunda nite was really bad ne1 turned up sum pple came for the presentation then went and left about 20 pple lol :rant: :lol:

:wub: o:)

WELLDONE CHRIS/PAUL AND ALL WORKERS GREAT DERBY

TRACK; 100%

FENCING OF TRACK;100%

PHOTO ON LINE;100%

TRAPS AND PIG;100%

WEATHER ON SAT;90%

SUN;10%

OAKLEAF SPORTS CLUB;70%

TRAVELING HOME;20%

LOCATION;100%

COMMENTS; GOOD EFFORT?

PS;you can please some people sometimes but not all people alltimes welldone.

Well done all the winners of todays open, especially to Greg and Akinda Pleasure what a nice win to end the weekend. :)

dart said:

TRAPS AND PIG;100%

Have to say Andrew was very obliging even to the point of singing to some of the dogs in the traps :lol:

sadieandco said:
dart said:

TRAPS AND PIG;100%

Have to say Andrew was very obliging even to the point of singing to some of the dogs in the traps :lol:

Well if there's one way to get a dog to trap out fast :sweating:

:oops:

Well if there's one thing that makes roughing it for the weekend with 3 kids & 8 dogs worthwhile it's coming home with the:

[SIZE=21pt]DERBY WINNER [/SIZE]

Big big well done little Custard we are soooooooo proud of you baby girl :wub: :huggles:

Thankyou to everyone who congratulated us & had faith in her all weekend - she didn't let any of her tipsters down & won Debbie her beer money on the sweepstake :cheers: :cheers: And John what can i say - Thankyou thankyou thankyou :thumbsup:

Brilliant weekend despite what some people might say - after all it's what you make it!!! The Aycliffe lot deserve a huge pat on the back - everything about the track was perfect. Congratulations to Chris & Paul on pulling off another brilliant Derby, the planning that goes into it doesn't bare thinking about - Thanks once again.

So many dogs looked impressive this weekend that i wouldn't know where to start in naming them all & how many went to the camera (w00t) talk about nail biters :lol: Congratulations to all the winners :thumbsup:

Hope the couple of dogs that came off injured are soon back :luck: :luck: :luck:

WHAT (w00t) NO PICTURE OF CARA IN HER FANCY NEW JACKET (w00t)

BLOODY USELESS WOMAN :D

Sounds like it was enjoyable, can't help if the turnout was not that of previous years, kennel cough is everywhere and what with bitches seasons, various pre-event injuries and one thing and another it just can't be helped.

Hope to see everyone again soon, had a lovely time watching the Monday's racing and hope to be back taking part in a few weeks time :thumbsup: .

i dont think there was that many dogs missing as there was still over 160 dogs racing and some bloody fab races there was too. big well done to mochara on winning the whole thing and well done to all the other winners and partipants and workers etc. was a brill weekend.

must congratulate Newton Aycliffe members/workers the Track was in perfect condition for the weekend. well done

rodders said:
A really great weekend,with some fabulous races,think there were a total of 36 scratch dogs running :thumbsup: Well done to all the racers and especially all the winners :thumbsup: Well done to Vicky,Mark and Mochara,a superb final won buy a brilliant bitch :thumbsup: and well done to Valerie,taking 2nd chance with Nobiddys Fool :thumbsup: Sean and co did a fantastic job of shouting her home :thumbsup: Well done to Lisa and the boys with Kaiser taking the 40lb class and Supreme :thumbsup: (How Lisa kept her lunch and last nights drink down i'll never know :lol: ) Finally a VERY VERY SPECIAL WELL DONE to Stuart and Becki with Herself :thumbsup: Wish you'ld have seen their faces Geoff,Josie ran a brilliant race,and left Becki with the biggest smile on the field :thumbsup: Thanks to the organizers and workers for a grand 2 days :D Karen
:oops: Sorry Becki,should have put Her Sister,its my age :lol:

:oops: God knows what happened with my replies on my moby! :wacko:

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all the organisers & workers of this years Derby. As usual a brilliant event held in high esteem by all. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the racers, I think the fact so many races resulted in photo finishes shows how well conditioned the dogs running were, win loose or draw, I think they all pulled off brilliant performances. Well done. :thumbsup:

Thanks to those who sent well wishes to Solo (Red Ranger) who's picked up a muscle tear, if he does retire, I'm sure Tony will enjoy seeing Solo's kids careers take off on the tracks. :cheers:

Also thanks ever so much for holding the pedigree racing. It was great for me to take the gang away for the weekend and enjoy a bit of racing with other peds. It's fab that the world of non-ped racing are acknowledging these dogs who spend their weeks training the many pups that go on to race competitively across the country. :thumbsup: Thank you to everyone concerned. :cheers:

Finally, thanks to those who helped me out with them, apart from Mark who restrained me in the final so that everyone could have a laugh at Riley humping. :b

well done all the winners especially vicky and mark and cus!!

a fantastic weekend again with some close racing just got in and feel absolutely bolloxed with me red face,

well done to eric and bananaman on winning the open today it was a lovely day to watch some racing with me pup,

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Well done to all winners, sounds like it was a great weekend. Special well done to little Abbey Sup Bitch Puppy MINE'S A DOUBLE :cheers:

good to see some different winnners,fancyed mocara , sixe ran fantastic for peter 3 runs to find a winner with gold run (w00t) she mightened of been far off winning if it wasnt for that, but mocara was away and gone.

sunrise,sunprince,foxy roxy,all ran great.

kaiser taking supreme scratch fantastic run.

johnsg cacherell starting to get back into form.

southern spark looks impressive.

all in all some fantastic races.

well run.as usual.

What a fantastic weekends racing :D A great race for Cara,,,winning the English Derby :D ,,John tipped her to win,,for once he was right :eek: :D

John begged me to let him run Gizmo,,I let him run Gizmo after a few hours of grovaling :- " ,,and he won his weight class (w00t) Gizmo had only 4 runs up at track till then and I thought he had no chance of winning :oops:

Well done to all the Scottish dogs,,,,We did very well :cheers: Fat Suzie winning the 2nd chance :D and Buddy winning the yearlings :cheers:

Another great holiday away racing :D

The kids had a great time at the swing park and Rachel doing the lure :thumbsup:

This is one event I wont miss :D

Well done to Chris, Paul, Pigglet, Andrew, Colin on the lure,,,Pig (John), and my John,,who all worked like little troopers for both days :huggles: And all the other's who helped out.

I just hope its at the same venue for next year :thumbsup:

100% GREAT ,,,in everything,,,Well done :thumbsup:

Hope to be there next year

Susan (Guess Who)

A big well done to Vicky and Mark with "MOCHARA" on winning the English Whippet Derby.[what a brilliant little dog]

Also well done to Gar and Dee on winning the pups with Staggered".[the first of many]

Also well done to all the other winners, and a big well done to all the workers especially Andy on the traps.

[What a brilliant weekend.] thanks. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to say a big well done to everyone who ran at the derby this weekend! I think I can say on behalf of everyone what a great event this is! :cheers: Well done to all the workers who made it possible :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back