The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Flooding At Moreton In Marsh

terri

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
MORETON IN MARSH WAS FLOODED YESTERDAY WITH THE MAIN HIGH STREET OVER THE BONNETS OF THE STRANDED CARS PARKED THERE.

THE SWAN PUB IN THE HIGH STREET HAD THREE FOOT OF WATER IN ITS BAR.

IN MY SONS HOTEL, THE REDESDALE, THEY HAD UP TO SIX UNRELATED PEOPLE IN A ROOM.

PEOPLE WERE STRANDED IN COACHES AND CARS

THE FIRE COLLAGE BROUGHT MATTRESS AND FOOD TO THE TOWN HALL WHERE PEOPLE WERE BEING TAKEN IN FOR SAFETY. :luck: :luck:

ONLY TWO WEEKS TO THE CHAMPS :b

:unsure: oh noooooooo

no more rain pleeeeeeeease :rant:

fingers crossed it dries up for the champs :wacko:

hard to believe at the last champs they was having to water the track to soften the going :wacko: :unsure: :wacko:

This is getting sadder by the moment. We were very lucky with our ground in the north.Now gloucester have cancelled, the champs hanging in the balance.When will the rain stop? :(

it will be our first time at the champs and where looking forward to it,i do hope its not cancel and hope the weather starts to buck up soon.

We'll have to sing happy songs to make the sun come out.

All together now....The sun has got his hat on hip hip hip hooray. (w00t)

:)) UPDATE FROM MORETON...

WATER HAS GONE FROM HIGH STREET.SON HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO CHECK CRICKET CLUB/RACING FIELD YET BUT HUSBAND TED (RACE MANAGER LIZARD CLUB )IS HEADING UP TOMORROW SO I WILL GET UPDATE THEN.SEEMS THE OXFORD SIDE OF TOWN IS WORSE SO THATS HOPEFULL.

KIDS IN RUBBER BOATS ON SCHOOL FIELD . :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

THE SUN HAS GOT HIS HAT ON ERRR...

(w00t) hope it will be ok for then pleeeasesssssssssssss :D looking forward to it :thumbsup: will say a pray tonight :lol:

:) THE CRICKET CLUB /RACING FIELD HAS NOT BEEN UNDER WATER .TED WENT DOWN TODAY AND ALTHOUGH IT IS WET AND SOGGY IT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN SPARED THE WORST.

TED SAID THE TOWN IS VERY QUIET WITH CARPETS LYING OUTSIDE SOME OF THE HOUSES AND EVERYONE LOOKING REALLY DEPRESSED AND SAD.

THERE WAS SOME BAD FLOODING BUT IS SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN WORSE AT THE OTHER END OF TOWN TO THE RACE TRACK WHICH MUST BE LOWER GROUND.

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE AFFECTED BY THE TERRIBLE WEATHER XX :*

I have just been watching sky news what as happened at your end of the country is terrible, seeing all those poor people suffering loss of there homes and everything they have worked for is awful. it all puts missing a few days whippet racing into perspective . i hope anybody who comes onto this board as not been badly affected by this horrible weather in this the worst british summer i can ever remember. just heard on the tv the flooding may reach reading this evening hope jane and julie and there families will not be affected by this and anybody else who comes on this board. :luck: :luck: hope to see you all soon keep safe :luck: :luck: dave and diane

naylorwhippets said:
I have just been watching sky news what as happened at your end of the country is terrible, seeing all those poor people suffering loss of there homes and everything they have worked for is awful. it all puts missing a few days whippet racing into perspective . i hope anybody who comes onto this board as not been badly affected by this horrible weather in this the worst british summer i can ever remember. just heard on the tv  the flooding may reach reading this evening hope jane and julie and there families will not be affected by this and anybody else who comes on this board. :luck:   :luck:   hope to see you all soon keep safe :luck:   :luck:   dave and diane
jane will be ok diane as she lives on a hill :thumbsup:

but very frightening for mum dad myself and elisha :( :( our house is on red alert and we have been told will flood :unsure: :eek: :unsure:

im not going to bed tonight as we are so worried......we have tried to get things up high so fingers crossed they wont get damaged :unsure: :unsure:

but as long as we are safe and all my pets are ok :thumbsup: ...then anything else can be replaced in time :( :( :( ... im so worried..i just put elisha to bed and just prey that they have it wrong and we miss the floods :unsure:

if im off line tomorrow thats because we are flooded, but im keeping everything crossed :thumbsup:

but ive just seen on the news its on its way and will hit berkshire tonight :eek:

Last edited:
Julie and family I hope that you will not be flooded tonight. You all take care. :huggles:

BeeJay said:
Julie and family I hope that you will not be flooded tonight.  You all take care. :huggles:

well we are still here. (w00t) ...and its hard to believe we might flood today as the sun is shining 8) and the water level has really gone down in our garden :sweating:

so we are just waiting now to see if this serge of water hits at lunch time like its ment to :unsure: fingers crossed it wont :thumbsup:

thanks for all your kind pms it means alot to us :thumbsup: :huggles:

u southern lot complain about avin no water now u got it u still moanin lol but on a series note i hope u all safe :thumbsup:

Glad your ok julie and family, hope you have'nt had any rain today I think we've all had our fair share :angry: lets hope that is it for a long time :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
BeeJay said:
Julie and family I hope that you will not be flooded tonight.  You all take care. :huggles:

well we are still here. (w00t) ...and its hard to believe we might flood today as the sun is shining 8) and the water level has really gone down in our garden :sweating:

so we are just waiting now to see if this serge of water hits at lunch time like its ment to :unsure: fingers crossed it wont :thumbsup:

thanks for all your kind pms it means alot to us :thumbsup: :huggles:

I hope you'll be safe and sound tonight.I've seen what floods can do and it isnt pleasant. Take care and keep us posted. :luck: to your family.

Great news Julie. Sounds like you had a close call!

Judy said:
Great news Julie. Sounds like you had a close call!

if that vacuum of yours had not of blown up judy, you could of left it here with me and i could of drowned the bl**dy thing for ya :lol: (w00t) :lol:

thanks for all your kind words :thumbsup:

the thames is ment to peak tonight :unsure: so fingers crossed it might be our last night on high alert :sweating:

we are so tired -_- -_- but its so hard to sleep..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

i need lots of "power of the mind"......it worked for judys dyson (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back