The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Guess The Location

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Got asked to take a night time panoramic photo last week, never done anything like this before but I don't think it's all that bad for a first attempt. Anyway thought I'd share with you lot and play guess the location? :- "

annette3.jpg

That's really super :thumbsup:

Can't guess where though :(

lillibet

i thought it was the 'pool too with the big tower in the middle a bit of a giveaway! :D

yep i would say liverpool too, the radio city tower looks fab lit up

Did you stitch a couple of photos together? It looks really good....lovely lighting. :thumbsup: I was wondering if you were visiting London at first...but Liverpool does sound a bit closer :p

Wow :thumbsup: Have Liverpool tourist board been in touch Jac,make a brill backdrop for any advertising campaigns :D

Ann Glews said:
Liverpool?
Great photography!

Clever girl! :thumbsup: My friend and her partner bought a run down pub just on the edge of the park years back and they've finally completed their dream home, complete with roof terrace that overlooks the city.

Nicola, taking the photo was a nightmare! I couldn't use a tripod as the terrace is enclosed by railings but I managed to get away with it by using my F1.4 Sigma 30mm which gave me a shutter speed of 1/250. There was a few exposure problems with the sky too as you can imagine. I took 6 of the best and used photomerge in photoshop elements which did a brilliant job. Only one small problem... the image is 4 metres long! (w00t)

I think I've got the bug now to do some more! :teehee:

Wow - that is really lovely...well done you :cheers:

I wasn't sure yesterday if it was Liverpool, but I was trying to pick out the two cathedrals. It's a smashing picture Jac, and for people who know the area well it must be fascinating to identify places on the skyline.

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent 4 drunken happy years there at University (w00t) , must say a while ago now though! :- "

Going back next year for the hen night of one of my old house mates, its over 10 years since I last went back :oops:

You should get in touch with the North West Development Agency or the council and see if they want to buy the image!

wild whippies said:
Ann Glews said:
Liverpool?
Great photography!

Clever girl! :thumbsup: My friend and her partner bought a run down pub just on the edge of the park years back and they've finally completed their dream home, complete with roof terrace that overlooks the city.

Nicola, taking the photo was a nightmare! I couldn't use a tripod as the terrace is enclosed by railings but I managed to get away with it by using my F1.4 Sigma 30mm which gave me a shutter speed of 1/250. There was a few exposure problems with the sky too as you can imagine. I took 6 of the best and used photomerge in photoshop elements which did a brilliant job. Only one small problem... the image is 4 metres long! (w00t)

I think I've got the bug now to do some more! :teehee:

Im 100% scouser and proud of it too.Liverpool is the best place ive ever been.The picture is brilliant but our waterfront is being spoilt by the most horrific buildings you could imagine.Have you been in touch with local pubs/clube or even schools to see if they are interested in buying your picture.

What a great shot Jac, you must be thrilled :thumbsup:

Well done, it's fantastic... :thumbsup:

Tracey x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back