The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gypsies At Scotland

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
no surprise there then!! they allways behave the same :angry: then moan that people dont give them a chance!!

scotty(how many gas canisters did they leave behind?)

kenny m said:
here deb you forgot to mention pickaxe handles and house bricks,they are bloody nutters,no respect for anyone or anything they could have killed anyone speeding round in there motors,dont think i will be going back up there again.i never had a bad word for them untill yesterday,how seeing that has changed my thoughts on them,and they had the cheek,to have remarks at the whippet people when they went speeding past,,the idiots, :rant: f***ing tossers
It was not nice for anybody and the club did its best to keep them off. It leaves you with a feeling of being gutted when as a club we work hard to hold a event of this size then this happens. I am sorry to hear that you "dont think you will be going back up there again" if anyone else feels the same just let the club know as there is no point in us trying to sort this out for next year and nobody turns up. Look at the timing of the first post on this topic less than a hour since the first caravan entered the field yes it will be said that they were just letting people who went home during the week and left caravans behind (racers were watching them anyway) know that they were there or to let others know who were coming up that they where there just incase thay wanted to change their mind but its posting at its worst what next laptops on race day to let people know as quick as possible that there has just been a re run because the lure string has snapped. A big thanks to all racers and spectators who stood firm and to those who still came up and supported our clubs events and made them the success they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
scotty wong said:
no surprise there then!! they allways behave the same :angry:   then moan that people dont give them a chance!!

scotty(how many gas canisters did they leave behind?)

What they left behind was three piles of black bags all tied which me and the club secretary took to the skip this morning.

And before anybody thinks I am sticking up for them I am not, the club puts too much work into holding these events to have this happen if there was any way we could have got them off we would have.

:thumbsup: :p :teehee: well i enjoyed my holiday up there for 10 days and we were close to them and i was there from when they arrived and till they left and they were no bother and the only bother was between themselves so ill still be going up there. and i was there 3 years ago aswell and they wernt any bother then.

thnx to all the workers and the club for holding this event. :clown: :cheers:

WELL DONE TO THE WORKERS OF KIRKALDY WRC .IT WAS WELL ORGANIZED WITH GOOD RACING AND SOME CLOSE RACES.WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS .

Have to agree there Kate ....... Can't waituntill next year when we shall be on the move again upto Bonnie Scotland......Congrats to all the winners and Mega Thanx to Kirkcaldy whippet club for making sure we had yet again another splendid holliday (ahum why is the smilies not working in here ??)

We only went for the second weekend this year and that was cut short to my dog getting injered :( . Me and Kieran will be there for 10 day's next year.

As for the traveler's the council have got boulders all over the side of the field, there just not were they get on :rant: . Hope they sought it for next year but regardless I'll still be there. :thumbsup:

The travellers won't put us off returning to Scotland either...

Guess what? been up to Lancaster track this morning and theres a handful of travellers there too..Hobby caravans and tents.

Its that time of year aint it?

I suppose 'tolerance' is the word to think about...though i too didn't enjoy the fracas/attack on their own caravans-very scary :blink:

The Kirkcaldy club did all they could to prevent any disturbance...

I was very disappointed with the police..

I'm sure more could have been done if they had wanted to.

*There were 2 council signs in close proximity to where the travellers pulled on stating no unauthorised entry/use

*All vans climbed a 4" pedestrian curb to enter the field

1st time we went for the full ten days and i loved it, great racing, great weather, great company. all in all great. gypsys didnt bother me kept themself to themself all week and like someone said the bother was between themselves it didnt involve the whippet racers. so we will deffo b back next year hopefully for the full 10 days again. many thanks to kirkaldy whippet club for all their hard work throughout the 10 days.

Having read what's been written both my other half George and I felt a real need to write something in reply to the negative people out there,who we feel unjustly have pulled down what was a brilliant weekend for us.Our first time at Kirkcaldy.We were made to feel very welcome saw some fantastic racing and to top it all were surrounded by unprejudiced people,who were quite happy to allow people to live the way they wanted to do,without pulling them down for living there way.I have already said on here that my husband comes from a settled traveling family.He can tell you first hand from when he lived in trailers what peoples reaction to travellers are.Often it can affect you that badly that you are frightened or ashamed to admit what your background is.That was even made apparent at the weekend when speaking to some whippet owners.Now back to this weekend and the trouble that happened.It was dreadful,I actually started running to where the caravans were parked,because we thought children were playing where the car was heading at speed.Fortunately no children were about and nobody was hurt,except that is the travellers who were parked up there.I actually shouted at my husband for driving up to see if the travellers were okay.I was scared for his safety.When he returned I was told that the cars that were driven at speed across the field were actually being driven by women,because the people who smashed the caravans and vehicles up weren't camped on the field but had actually waited untill the men had gone off working before attacking with just the women and children present.Having heard what had happened I could see that the women had panicked and gone looking for there husbands and partners for help.As a mum I know I would do anything to protect my kids,and unfortunately all rational thoughts leave your head when something terrifying happens.

I will end by congratulating KirkcaldyWRC on a really well run event,and ask them to please put the event on again next year,I'm sure that everyone who attended had a fantastic time.To those few there who are considering not going again.I feel sorry for you you'll miss out on another brilliant time,and finally too all the weekends winners well done :thumbsup: your dogs ran superb as for the final.WHAT A RACE! :D Karen

We will be back next year for sure always a great place with or without travellers --never bothered anyone as has been said

What more could this little club do to stop them ---they sat at the enterance to the field lifted that great metal bar on and off day and night ---- its them that should be saying they are not going next year not the guests/racers

They watered the track both weekends and have spent hours trying their best for us

So lets just say thanks and be glad of people like them who do all that for our enjoyment without any rewards

On behalf of myself Karen and Harry thanks to the Scottish Team who worked so hard --see you all next year :cheers: :cheers:

How easy to complain

Its just as easy to congratulate and appreciate and compliment for all the effort put in not just for those ten days but the year of going round getting sponsors meeting council staff and all the rest thats needed :cheers: :cheers:

WELL DONE KIRKCALDY CLUB a great meeting thankyou :oops: :oops:

steve

yes have to agree with that steve a great weekend :thumbsup: and track in great order to :D so well done scotlands workers

nothing against the club,a fantastic ran open,and yes your right the club cant stop the gypsys from going on the place but the council can,whats the use of putting a bar on,when you can go along the road and pull on....anyway they didnt bother me,not a lot does untill its against me, or mine, but i have a disabled daughter,who was frightened stiff,and when she is to scared to go back over to watch the racing,well thats my enjoyment spoilt,and the next time i wanted to go to scotland she would refuse to go!.and gypsies,i have a few relations who choose that way of life,and some who live on permanant sites like, i say i dont care,,but after it,the cheeky get were driving past having sarky remarks,we were parked right were they had to drive past to get out,and if anyone had been stood where they flew past they would not have stood a chance....here like i say i will go anywhere, i didnt even have a dog to run,drove home, came back enjoyed the company,fantastic venue,but if out happens like that and it frightens our danielle,well thats it.my family come first going to opens second,,,,,,once again gr8 company,excelent ran open,poor police presence,and the council,they need to stop access to the other routs,,it was a laff they sneak about, you dont see them come on,but by god you know they are there when out kicks off

kenny m said:
nothing against the club,a fantastic ran open,and yes your right the club cant stop the gypsys from going on the place but the council can,whats the use of putting a bar on,when you can go along the road and pull on....anyway they didnt bother me,not a lot does untill its against me, or mine, but i have a disabled daughter,who was frightened stiff,and when she is to scared to go back over to watch the racing,well thats my enjoyment spoilt,and the next time i wanted to go to scotland she would refuse to go!.and gypsies,i have a few relations who choose that way of life,and some who live on permanant sites like, i say i dont care,,but after it,the cheeky get were driving past having sarky remarks,we were parked right were they had to drive past to get out,and if anyone had been stood where they flew past they would not have stood a chance....here like i say i will go anywhere, i didnt even have a dog to run,drove home, came back enjoyed the company,fantastic venue,but if out happens like that and it frightens our danielle,well thats it.my family come first going to opens second,,,,,,once again gr8 company,excelent ran open,poor police presence,and the council,they need to stop access to the other routs,,it was a laff they sneak about, you dont see them come on,but by god you know they are there when out kicks off
Fair comment I have kids as well and they where also scared as for the council they are very supportive of our club and I am sure what happened will be discussed with them at some stage. The soloution is not easy as some of the Gypsies have a lot of tools and even if the council surrounded the park with boulders they would drag them off with a 4x4 unless there was some way that they could fix the boulders into the ground. As for the police I think their hands are tied with the way the law is in Scotland and the human rights law both would have to be changed to allow the police to do their job. Its just a shame this all happened I am still gutted nobody deserves to get their enjoyment spoiled and I would not wish what happened to us on any other club because I would not want them to feel as I do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing directed at the club john,like i say excelent company and a well ran open,and yes the law needs to be looked into,,and i saw some of there tools lol,,all the best m8 see you soon :thumbsup: dont you feel awfull its not your fault they fancied,wrecking each others caravans.

Fair comment I have kids as well and they where also scared as for the council they are very supportive of our club and I am sure what happened will be discussed with them at some stage. The soloution is not easy as some of the Gypsies have a lot of tools and even if the council surrounded the park with boulders they would drag them off with a 4x4 unless there was some way that they could fix the boulders into the ground. As for the police I think their hands are tied with the way the law is in Scotland and the human rights law both would have to be changed to allow the police to do their job. Its just a shame this all happened I am still gutted nobody deserves to get their enjoyment spoiled and I would not wish what happened to us on any other club because I would not want them to feel as I do now.

You are very lucky that the council are so supportive for your club and you are right the solution is not an easy one as i think we all know from time to time travellers arrive somewhere near all of us (we have had them on our track too) and we just have to wait until they leave again whether it be in a few days or a matter of months and i agree with 'rodders' until their own fall out they had done nothing to interfere or spoil the weekend.

I understand that you feel gutted about what happened - but i'm sure NO ONE from the racing think you could have done any more than what was done for us, a brilliant weekend - nothing but praise for a well run event, good facilities and company :cheers: and hopefully we will be back, perhaps even with a dog to run :)

BRILL TIME AS ALWAYS THANKS TO KIRKCALDY CLUB FOR ALL THEIR EFFORT LOOKING FORWARD TO 2007 WHICH WILL ALSO INCLUDE

THE N.N.W.R.F. PUPPY/YEARLING CHAMPIONSHIPS

kenny m said:
nothing directed at the club john,like i say excelent company and a well ran open,and yes the law needs to be looked into,,and i saw some of there tools lol,,all the best m8 see you soon :thumbsup: dont you feel awfull its not your fault they fancied,wrecking each others caravans.

:rant:

Sounds like I bloody missed out again!

I never saw any TOOLS :(

Karen

myself gerry and scooby all totally enjoyed our weekend it was shocking the way them gypsies were driving all over like idiots.

the only other complaint was the state of the womens toilets to think women can leave them in that state yuk !!!!! (w00t)

maz40 said:
myself gerry and scooby all totally enjoyed our weekend it was shocking the way them gypsies were driving all over like idiots.the only other complaint was the state of the womens toilets to think women can leave them in that state yuk !!!!! (w00t)

yes i totally agree it was totally discusting and the womens showers were scolding hot no good for little kids and so i have heard the mens were just nice and warm how shocking????? :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back