The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hare Coursing Or Lure Coursing- The Real Test?

What is the greater test of a whippets ability? Lure coursing or Hare coursing

• Hare Coursing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lure Coursing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nigelmcfc

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A lot of talk about coursing and bag chasing on here at the moment. What do you consider the greater challenge to a fit whippet- lure coursing or real hare coursing??

Without doubt hare coursing hare coursing is the ULTIMATE true test for any working/coursing running dog. :thumbsup:

there is no better test than running a fit january hare or going out and giving your dog 15 runs on the lamp or a good days ferreting,they all test a good dog.all this bag chasing is good for getting your dog in shape or a bit of fun but thats all IMO.

As opposed to conjecture and opinion, I put my money where my mouth is. I have recently obtained a bitch pup with a solid hare background. My wee Candy is a Fraser whippet from a real working kennel that has based its breeding program on performance for many generations. Both parents are well proven on the ultimate quarry, the mother in particular has a well earned reputation. The subject of bag chasing was never raised,

cheers :cheers:

a couple of recent pics of Candy at 15 weeks

1000814ys5.jpg

screenshot002jr3.jpg

you dont see that many dogs that have done both put as much effort into chasing plastic bags especially if theyve been successful at :- " coursing live prey.IMHO :thumbsup:

Well has to be Hare coursing but unfortunately it's illegal. :angry: So best enjoy your lure-coursing instead. :lol: Shame they can't be tested an the real quarry :(

Pauline

maggie217 said:
Well has to be Hare coursing but unfortunately it's illegal. :angry:   So best enjoy your lure-coursing instead.  :lol: Shame they can't be tested an the real quarry  :(
Pauline

Without a shadow of doubt its defo LIVE for me :thumbsup: , no competition. Clare

The real thing for my gang, please :D

How could a plastic bag ever emulate the twists and turns of a real hare!!!

A Real Good wild Hare in front of a good whippet or lurcher.. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
maggie217 said:
Well has to be Hare coursing but unfortunately it's illegal. :angry:   So best enjoy your lure-coursing instead.  :lol: Shame they can't be tested an the real quarry  :(
Pauline

so is 35 in a 40 zone, so is speaking with out hands free/ eating whilst driving, parking in a restricted zone, not declaring all your income :oops: :oops: :oops: oh buggar I've done all of them stroll on september :- "

you would have to wonder if the two people who voted for lure coursing had ever seen a dog coursing a fit winter hare :wacko: :thumbsup:

Has to be the real thing (w00t)

I suppose we are lucky with Jinx she does seem to put in about 90% on the bag that she puts on the bunnies!! :- "

Nothing mechanical could ever compare to the crafty hare :thumbsup:

But we are having a great time trying!!!!! :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back