The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello - Sorry For The Late Intro From Me!

SallyC

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello everyone. I joined a few weeks ago but neglected to introduce myself.

I'm Sally from Cornwall, although I was born and grew up in Norfolk and then lived in Suffolk, which is where we had our first 2 whippets, Gem in 1983 and Kim 3 years later. Gem died aged 13 and, tragically, Kim had to be put to sleep only 5 months later, aged just 10.5.

We now have just one 8 year old whippet called Shadow.

shadow3.jpg

All whippets are special but these 3 have been REALLY special!

I love to read about everyone's whippets and see your photos, especially the "puppies' progress" ones. They really are brilliant.

Welcome to K9 Sally :thumbsup: Thanks for introducing yourself and what a lovely picture of Shadow :wub:

Good to have some more westcountry folk on board, and pretty fitting you have a gorgeous blue :wub: Soon I'll be posting details of the South west Whippet Club Funday (24th July) its in Devon and you must come along with Shadow :D

Here are my two boys, excuse the VERY bad taste bed! :x

cuteweb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sally, Shadow is a beauty, welcome to K9. I'm sorry to hear about your other whippets, but I'm sure they're running free now chasing cloud bunnies.

Hugs

Andrea xxxx

Hi, SallyC - welcome to K9. :cheers: :cheers:

What lovely whippets you have had :thumbsup: Do you know what breeding they were? Shadow looks a darling. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :thumbsup:

Hello! Welcome to K9, how lovely to see your dogs, past :( and present :) and hope to see more of Shadow.

What an appropriate name :thumbsup: I have a blue, and I am always calling her my little shadow because she comes up behind me and I sometimes don't know she's there, because she is just like a shadow :b

I now leave her collar on all the time because I rely on her jingling ID tags to alert me to her imminent arrival under my feet :lol:

edited to add a pic of her in a similar pose to your Shadow:

View attachment 16267

Hi Sally, lovely whippets. Im sure you will have great fun on here :D

Welcome to k9 Sally :cheers: Lovely pics of all your dogs. :wub: :wub:

and Jo whats wrong with that bed Jakey and Jilly have one the exact same :lol:

Hi Sally Welcome to K9 ,Shadow is lovely :wub: And another west country whippet :cheers:

Welcome to K9 Sally. That is a lovely picture of Shadow your beautiful blue dog - she is a bit like Josie. :wub: o:) I also liked the picture of your lovely brindles that have since gone to Rainbow Bridge. o:)

I have just recently got my second little whippet Kobi who is now 13 weeks old and I also have Oscar who is 11 months old.

My previous dog Chip was pts last February aged 12.5 he was a brindle whippet and I also owned a little white bitch way back in my teenage days too.(she lived to 16 years) It is aweful to loose them but they are never forgotten.

Hope you enjoy K9 as much as I do. :thumbsup:

Hi Sally

Welcome to K9. Hope to see you at the Whippet Funday. Shadow is a stunner :wub:

hi again Sally,welcome to k9 :wub: :wub: shadow is :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: what the breeding??

Hi Sally. i have lived in Norfolk for 7 years. We lived South before and have spent many holidays ( and our honeymoon) in Cornwall. Welcome to K9

Hi Sally and Shadow, welcome to K.9 :) . My favourite place on earth is Padstow and I have a niece who lives in St Austell.

Welcome to K9 Sally

Lovely pic of Shadow

Sorry that Gem and Kim are no longer here, they looked wonderful whippets.

You DID ask for breeding - Gem's mother is Pearl of Akonyte at Chilka and her father is Ch Oakbark Middleman. We had her just as a pet and had her speyed after her first season. Well, it turns out that Gem is full sister to Chilka Dairy Maid (mother of Ch Nutshell of Nevedith), Chilka Dusky Dame (mother of Ch Nut Cracklin of Nevedith) and Chilka Delectable (mother of Ch Cherokee Lad). I didn't realise all this until recently when I started using the Internet and did some searching.

I thought you'd like a pic of the beautiful Pearl with her litter

CROP_1Pearl_and_puppies_3_weeks.jpg

We were newcomers to whippets and were unaware of the significance of the breeding - we just knew that Pearl was the most beautiful creature, in temperament as much as looks. We asked to reserve a puppy when she was still pregnant, not knowing if any would be available. We were in luck with a big litter and chose Gem at 1 day old! We saw them again at 3 weeks and 6 weeks (I think the owners were relieved to see the back of us at 8 weeks!)

Kim's mother is Goldust of Poldark (grandfather is Charmol Mactavish) and her father is Camette Commander (mainly Summersway/Dondelayo and Rushbury). Here's a family group with Kim tucked in against her mum

s_mum_and_dad.jpg

Shadow, alas, has no papers. His mother is Spanish and his father is French and we got him at 20 days old. I know - totally stupid, but he'd been removed from his mother already so we took the risk and bottle-fed him for several weeks.

SIZ2_CROP_1Shadow_with_bottle.jpg

I thought he was never going to learn to lap, much as I later thought he might never learn to cock his leg. He was 12 months before he did, but he's never looked back!

You DID ask - and I love to share these old photos with you. Hope you don't mind.

SallyC said:
Hello everyone.  I joined a few weeks ago but neglected to introduce myself.

Hi Sally...better late than never :D Great intro...love the photo. Looking foward to seeing lots of pics of Shadow with Cornish seascapes in the background. :thumbsup: Lovely pictures of your two late whippets.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back