The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nicky12 said:
she was locked in her cage and he was on the settee and she just wouldnt settle until 4am ,poor rich hes shattered now  :- "  :my turn tonight thou  :sweating:
Im sure it will get better if you persevere with the routine Nicky...she will get the idea....you will look back at this in a few months time honestly and completely have forgotten about it.

Good luck for tonight :luck: :luck:

oh dear, she certainly keeps you busy doesnt she, hope you have a better night tonight.how about taking her out to the garden and playing with her for a while to try and tire her out :)

good luck :luck:

What a little madame (w00t)

We've always had the cage in our room for reassurance to begin with and then moved it once they've settled in. As already said, it's a case of seeing what works best for you.

Does she hardly sleep during the day either? I wonder if Scullup & Valerian (or whatever it's called) from Dorwest Herbs would help settle her down at night - I'm not sure if you can give it to puppies? We've also used a DAP for our 2 puppies and never had a problem other than a few squeeks.

:luck: I hope she settles for you tonight -_-

Good luck tonight Nicky :luck:

I'm sure once Tia realises the routine, she will settle and know what bedtime means ..... sleep, they are like human babies really, once a routine is established they feel a bit more secure, so as hard as it maybe don't give into her .... you are the boss not her :huggles: good luck and hope you get some sleep tonight :thumbsup:

Oh dear... it is just like having a human baby isn't it :lol:

Bless her :wub:

its so exhausting isn't it -_- I remember it well :angry: especially cos my iggies girls sing their heads off at a drop of a hat, so an 8 week old puppy in a crate next to them was too hard to resist! So instead of just Monty howling, we had Genie and Zoe doing backing vocals :rant: :lol: And I knew I couldn't go in and say anything to shut the girls up cos Monty would think that his shouting had worked :wacko:

So I just banged the kitchen door when it got too loud, to try and interrup the little 2 o:) :- "

it took hours the first night but was silent by the 4th - either that or we were just too exhausted to hear it anymore ;)

:luck: :)

omg im ready to drop -_- well iv already tried the crate in my bedroom iv tryed her in my bed ,i always cover them with a blanket and always cover ther crates with somthing tryed her in her crate downstairs with my other half soothing her everytime she squeeled ,last night left her in her cage in living room at 1am she was still going for gold at 2.45 ,then she slept for an hour 3,45 she was off again i left her till 5.30 and went down she was in a right state panting and shaking so i got her on the settee with me for a cuddle and she slept till 7 wen i had to get up for work :sweating: im guna tie her feet together and gag her tonight :- " o:)i had this with blue for about a week or so till i gave in and put him in my bed hes been fine ever since but not even puttingher in bed with me works she just wants to play :(

Last edited by a moderator:
oh mate, poor you! :(

its hard isn't it? I know it feels like whatever you do will be wrong, I hope you get a routine that works soon :luck: -_-

i know people are telling e not to go down but she crys so much and after seeing the state on her early this morning i dont think i could do it again she was in a right state :huggles:

Awww poor you nicky, Tia does sound very active, maybe she will wear herself out :- " fingers crossed for a good nights sleep :thumbsup:

This may sound a silly question Nicky but what are you feeding her, it might be that the food is making her hyper(more than puppy hyper)

Burns is quite a good for dogs that are hyper as it doesn't have all the additives and preservatives in it and they do puppy food too, there are probably more but I don't know them.Just a thought,

Hope you get some sleep soon :luck: :luck:

*Lesley* said:
This may sound a silly question Nicky but what are you feeding her, it might be that the food is making her hyper(more than puppy hyper)
Burns is quite a good for dogs that are hyper as it doesn't have all the additives and preservatives in it and they do puppy food too, there are probably more but I don't know them.Just a thought,

Hope you get some sleep soon :luck:   :luck:

I was wondering too Lesley, its amazing how even a very small change can make all the difference... :) Good luck again Nicky for tonight. :luck:

she has two tips off the chicken wing for breaky then sum pedigree chum for dinner then she has sum meat or sardins and either rice or past mixed with it then scrambled eggs last meal which is now at 9pm and nothing after that time :thumbsup: ooo and a fe treats in between :)

nicky12 said:
omg im ready to drop  -_- well iv already tried the crate in my bedroom iv tryed her in my bed ,i always cover them with a blanket and always cover ther crates with somthing tryed her in her crate downstairs with my other half soothing her everytime she squeeled ,last night left her in her cage in living room at 1am she was still going for gold at 2.45 ,then she slept for an hour 3,45 she was off again i left her till 5.30 and went down she was in a right state panting and shaking so i got her on the settee with me for a cuddle and she slept till 7 wen i had to get up for work  :sweating: im guna tie her feet together and gag her tonight  :- "  o:)i had this with blue for about a week or so till i gave in and put him in my bed hes been fine ever since but not even puttingher in bed with me works she just wants to play  :(
look young Nicky, im not sleeping much these nights, sooooo, leave ya back door loose, and i will pop over later on and have her for the night, :lol: just bung me a pot noodle, and im there

:cheers:

keith

midlanderkeith said:
nicky12 said:
omg im ready to drop  -_- well iv already tried the crate in my bedroom iv tryed her in my bed ,i always cover them with a blanket and always cover ther crates with somthing tryed her in her crate downstairs with my other half soothing her everytime she squeeled ,last night left her in her cage in living room at 1am she was still going for gold at 2.45 ,then she slept for an hour 3,45 she was off again i left her till 5.30 and went down she was in a right state panting and shaking so i got her on the settee with me for a cuddle and she slept till 7 wen i had to get up for work  :sweating: im guna tie her feet together and gag her tonight  :- "  o:)i had this with blue for about a week or so till i gave in and put him in my bed hes been fine ever since but not even puttingher in bed with me works she just wants to play  :(
look young Nicky, im not sleeping much these nights, sooooo, leave ya back door loose, and i will pop over later on and have her for the night, :lol: just bung me a pot noodle, and im there

:cheers:

keith

:lol: :lol: keith ya mad one il still be up ya can join me for a cuppa :lol:

nicky12 said:
she has two tips off the chicken wing for breaky then sum pedigree chum for dinner then she has sum meat or sardins and either rice or past mixed with it then scrambled eggs last meal which is now at 9pm and nothing after that time  :thumbsup: ooo and a fe treats in between  :)
Quite a variety,she doesn't sound at all spoilt :lol: the treats will be full of additives especially if they are coloured, also the chum could have a few, also if the sardines are in tomato they will :thumbsup:

Sorry I'm not trying to starve the poor baby but a change to her diet may help, for breakfast I gave mine weetabix with goat milks then dinner would be scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese, and a meat based dish which they could graze on for a little while, when they got a little older I gave chicken wings but stopped with Kane because he swallowed them whole (w00t) o:)

I'm no expert Nicky just trying to rule out some possibilities for you, so you might get a bit of kip :huggles: its hard to appreciate your new puppy when your knackered because of them -_-

Aww you must be shattered Nicky. Im no expert but Cavaliers (the breed that I do know a lot about are terrible when they are puppies for nighttime) Im not sure what to suggest but you might have to go cold turkey and just put her somewhere in the house where you cant hear her as much and just let her work it out. As long as shes absolutely safe in her crate and perhaps take her collar off so she cant hook it on the door catch or anything, give her a couple of safe toys, cover up the crate and just let her get on with it. The absolute worst that will happen is that she will cry herself to sleep eventually. Not sure what else to suggest. I think shes worked out that if she makes any noise she gets some attention and if she ups the ante -she gets to come out and have a cuddle. So she goes straight to maximum power and it goes straight to the heartstrings.

:huggles: for you tonight.

(w00t) flamming heck i slept from 8.30 last night right throu till 8 this morning :sweating: lazy or what i was so shattered i went for nap at 8.30 told me other half to wake me in hour or so but he just left me ther ,he was up all night till 6this morning doing a migration for his works so i never heard a peep :D then she never woke till 8 ,i really need that sleep now im revived and wide awake (w00t) thanks for all the coment and trying to help im going to try the crate in my room again see if it does the trick this time ,thanks again everybody :thumbsup: :huggles:

nicky12 said:
(w00t) flamming heck i slept from 8.30 last night right throu till 8 this morning  :sweating: lazy or what i was so shattered i went for nap at 8.30 told me other half to wake me in hour or so but he just left me ther ,he was up all night till 6this morning doing a migration for his works so i never heard a peep  :D then she never woke till 8 ,i really need that sleep now im revived and wide awake  (w00t) thanks for all the coment and trying to help im going to try the crate in my room again see if it does the trick this time ,thanks again everybody  :thumbsup:   :huggles:
Hi luv glad you had good nights kip...fingers crossed for you tonight!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back