The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Help

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nicky12 said:
(w00t) flamming heck i slept from 8.30 last night right throu till 8 this morning  :sweating: lazy or what i was so shattered i went for nap at 8.30 told me other half to wake me in hour or so but he just left me ther ,he was up all night till 6this morning doing a migration for his works so i never heard a peep  :D then she never woke till 8 ,i really need that sleep now im revived and wide awake  (w00t) thanks for all the coment and trying to help im going to try the crate in my room again see if it does the trick this time ,thanks again everybody  :thumbsup:   :huggles:
so glad you had a good sleep,i wish i was nearer to help out and give you a break :( ,i feel so guilty,i don't know who she gets it from.Billy is so dam good night times,which makes it even more guilty.I,m sure it will get better Nicky :huggles: :huggles: :* :*

daledogs said:
nicky12 said:
(w00t) flamming heck i slept from 8.30 last night right throu till 8 this morning  :sweating: lazy or what i was so shattered i went for nap at 8.30 told me other half to wake me in hour or so but he just left me ther ,he was up all night till 6this morning doing a migration for his works so i never heard a peep  :D then she never woke till 8 ,i really need that sleep now im revived and wide awake  (w00t) thanks for all the coment and trying to help im going to try the crate in my room again see if it does the trick this time ,thanks again everybody  :thumbsup:   :huggles:
so glad you had a good sleep,i wish i was nearer to help out and give you a break :( ,i feel so guilty,i don't know who she gets it from.Billy is so dam good night times,which makes it even more guilty.I,m sure it will get better Nicky :huggles: :huggles: :* :*

right now listen here mrs it not your fault its MINE cause wev spoilt her from day one ,so stop beating yourself up about it ok :huggles: thers nothing she can do that we cant eventually handle :sweating: :lol:im shure shes guna be a little angel once shes settles o:) ahhh maybe a hells angel

3329.gif

:thumbsup:

nicky12 said:
daledogs said:
nicky12 said:

right now listen here mrs it not your fault its MINE cause wev spoilt her from day one ,so stop beating yourself up about it ok :huggles: thers nothing she can do that we cant eventually handle :sweating: :lol:im shure shes guna be a little angel once shes settles o:) ahhh maybe a hells angel

Can't help it Nicky,at the end of the day i,m her breeder,and you can't help feeling responsible,even though i can't do anything about it,which i wish we we nearer to you to sort this little madam out, i know it can be a common problem with pups and they usually grow out of it,you got my no.if you want a chat anytime :thumbsup: one she had her boosters,perhaps she might get tired more :- " :p

:huggles: :huggles:

They are all different Nicky...Im sure she will settle down with a bit of time and tlc.... they have gone through a very big change ..house, leaving mum, littermates...new playmates..new mum and dad......no wonder they sometimes feel daunted by it all,......

Good luck again things can only get better Im sure of it. :luck: :luck:

i know dawn your a star :huggles: on a positve note she getting on fab with the boys ther well and truley in ther place (shes boss :lol: )she eats for five puppies not one ...and shes into everything she having her first injection on thursday ,and shes melting everybodys hearts even ...so the good out weigh the sleepless nights .thanks for the tips on protien helen il do a bit of reaserch on it :thumbsup:

View attachment 45460

AAW Nicky, can't give you any advice only loads of sympathy :huggles: as you say, she's such a fabulous little character it'll all be worth it in the end :cheers: She is obviously loved to bits, lucky little gal :huggles:

I've learnt so much from this thread - thanks to whoever it was who said their whippet liked be covered with a blanket in his/her bed at night. I cover Tito's crate and the bed is snuggly so I hadn't thought of that but I did cover him last night and I think it made him sleep more soundly -_-

GOOD LUCK NICKY for tonight :luck: :luck: :luck:

and licky licky licky from her big fat brother Tito :huggles:

I don't know if anyone eles has mentioned this as I haven't read all the thread,

but this is quite an old trick that my mum was told when she had her dog as a pup,

give her a hot water bottle wrap it up in a towl and also wrap a clock in a towl,

this might help as the clock mocks the heart thumping of her littter mates and the hot water bottle is like the warmth of the other puppies. :huggles:

its might help a little I know its an old trick, but might help a wee bit, :)

Another thing Id like to add Nicky.....have you tried leaving her in the crate during the day for short periods..and going into another room...just to get her used to you leaving her alone in the crate. Or maybe popping into the garden for 15 mins ...then returning to her.

When she learns that you do come back eventually....she should get the message at bed time too. :thumbsup: It could be the seperation anxiety.

Last edited by a moderator:
(w00t) well im pleased to say she now sleeps throu from 12till 6/7 in the morning .she now sleeps in bed with us (under the duvet to :- " i know its not everybodys cuppa tea but its working for us and who can resist cwtching up to a puppy in bed all night :- " (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back