The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hi all

Stupot

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone
I'm stupot new to this site, so just getting started with all the basics of how it works, we have a young bitch 2nd X beddlington X whippet X whippet greyhound, she's only nine weeks old, so not running yet or for a while,don't like to get them started to early so we don't ruin her, we have had whippet crosses and greyhound crosses in the past so looking forward to all the enjoyment of getting out there and watching her come on and full filling her pertentional,
Hope to hear from like minded people that enjoy all that is sight hound lurcher and whippet

Welcome! I do love Bedlington x whippets, they're great dogs (as long as there's no bunnies about;)). My lurcher is greyhound x deerhound x Bedlington x Irish terrier.

Hi Judy
We used to breed beddlington whippets our selves and must say it's not only bunnies that had to worry still see one of the pups we breed and he has now got to be muzzled any time he's out in a park due to the fox kills and anything else he sees running round.
Your dog must like a good chase with the two terrier blood lines in him, bet the bunnies stay well out of sight when he's around

Hi Judy
We used to breed beddlington whippets our selves and must say it's not only bunnies that had to worry still see one of the pups we breed and he has now got to be muzzled any time he's out in a park due to the fox kills and anything else he sees running round.
Your dog must like a good chase with the two terrier blood lines in him, bet the bunnies stay well out of sight when he's around

Yep, you're right, from what I gather beddie whippets aren't that fussy about what they chase! Jasper is quite specific - bunnies and deer, but deer are his speciality, or would be if I gave him the chance. Squirrels are 'just for fun, if I'm in the mood' and birds are of no interest whatsoever. He's not even interested in playing chase with another lurcher apart from once in a blue moon - why tire yourself out when a deer might suddenly emerge and need chasing?

Ive seen them climb trees running up the trunk to get to birds and squirals once they get it in there sight they just dont stop, We are hoping to get the little lady working and racing as her father is the racing dog sugar bum and mum is a working dog so hopefully she has a great turn of speed both on and off the track

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back