The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hook Norton Lure Coursing Club Charity Show

mao

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Charity lurcher show to be held on Sun 26th Sept at Enstone Airfield OX15 5DQ, near Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire

As nobody thought that my retirement fund a proper charity :( it will be held in aid of 2 local charities, Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue & Katharine House Hospice.

In return for spending your hard earned cash we have on offer a few tatty rosettes & maybe a couple of "pots".

1st event will be a 16 dog lurcher coursing stake, £5.00 per dog. Entries taken from 08.00(if I can get out of bed :lol: ) 1st dogs in slips 09.00

Followed by whippet coursing, 8dog stake, £5.00 per entry.

Straight racing for lurchers............ under 21", 21"-23" over 23" & puppies £2.00 per dog

New this year will be straight racing for veteran lurchers 6years & over, will be split into unders/overs, no maximum age limit. :thumbsup:

Terrier straight racing plus whippets if sufficient entries (before you ask, it doesn't mean that we'll be running terriers & whippets together :lol: )

Hurdles 16 dog stake............£1.00 per dog

And by popular demand, well a couple of people have asked for the .............

Speed jump relay £1.00 per dog(including owner) so bring you trainers as it can get quite competitive

Showing...............13.30 start, 3 rings £1.00 per dog, entries in the ring.

2 childhandling classes under & over

Rosettes & trophies to champ & res all field events & open show.

Main showing classes in rings 1 & 2

Ring 3 extra classes,

6 classes for any pure breed sighthound........trophy & champ rosette for best sighthound

5 classes for lurchers incl veteran, under 6 month pup etc trophy & champ rosette for best lurcher

If time/weather & lure still surviving we will do fun straight racing for any type of dog.

Entries to all events taken on the day.

No entries for coursing/racing/hurdles will be taken on the line, only speed jump relay.

All proceeds to go to the above charities.

Spectators(& their cash) welcome :))

Entrance to show £1.00 per person, children free

Hopefully you'll enjoy the day, all we ask is please clean up after your dogs & chuck any rubbish in the bins :thumbsup:

Any enquiries please pm Tom Pickering or me or just post any queries on this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Knew that I'd forget something, refreshments available, raffle, tombola & Name the Dog Board.

Ring 3 extra classes should read 6 lurcher classes :thumbsup:

We will be there Maggi,it was a great day out last year

Amandaxx

Count us in for the whippet lure coursing :) Will there be a sighthound puppy class?

We'll be there Maggie,

Really enjoyed this show over the last couple of years.

Debs & Ian

sounds great

count us in for the whippet coursing..we have a lovely red rossette from a couple of years ago

may have a go at the showing classes with pup

hope to see you there

Fantastic!!! Definitely up for this one :D

You can put me down for 3 in the whippet coursing and 3 in the lurcher coursing to start with, please :thumbsup:

I've also got one of each height group to run in the lurcher straight racing, yaayyyyy!! (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
Count us in for the whippet lure coursing :) Will there be a sighthound puppy class?
Sighthound classes are.......1.Puppy 2.Dog 3.Bitch 4.Rescue 5.Veteran 7years & over 6.Mix/Match pairs

Sighthound champion from classes 1-5 :thumbsup:

Fantastic!!! Definitely up for this one :D
You can put me down for 3 in the whippet coursing and 3 in the lurcher coursing to start with, please :thumbsup:

I've also got one of each height group to run in the lurcher straight racing, yaayyyyy!! (w00t)
Looks as though you're going to have a busy day :lol:

sounds greatcount us in for the whippet coursing..we have a lovely red rossette from a couple of years ago

may have a go at the showing classes with pup

hope to see you there
Hope you are able to come :))

Charity lurcher show to be held on Sun 26th Sept at Enstone Airfield OX15 5DQ, near Chipping Norton, OxfordshireAs nobody thought that my retirement fund a proper charity :( it will be held in aid of 2 local charities, Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue & Katharine House Hospice.

In return for spending your hard earned cash we have on offer a few tatty rosettes & maybe a couple of "pots".

1st event will be a 16 dog lurcher coursing stake, £5.00 per dog. Entries taken from 08.00(if I can get out of bed :lol: ) 1st dogs in slips 09.00

Straight racing for lurchers............ under 21", 21"-23" over 23" & puppies £2.00 per dog

New this year will be straight racing for veteran lurchers 6years & over, will be split into unders/overs, no maximum age limit. :thumbsup:

Terrier straight racing plus whippets if sufficient entries (before you ask, it doesn't mean that we'll be running terriers & whippets together :lol: )

Speed jump relay £1.00 per dog(including owner) so bring you trainers as it can get quite competitive

Ring 3 extra classes,

6 classes for any pure breed sighthound........trophy & champ rosette for best sighthound

5 classes for lurchers incl veteran, under 6 month pup etc trophy & champ rosette for best lurcher

If time/weather & lure still surviving we will do fun straight racing for any type of dog.

No entries for coursing/racing/hurdles will be taken on the line, only speed jump relay.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the day, all we ask is please clean up after your dogs & chuck any rubbish in the bins :thumbsup:

Any enquiries please pm Tom Pickering or me or just post any queries on this thread
LOVELY SHOW LAST YEAR WILL BE COMING AGAIN WITH MY 3 PEDIS TO COURSE AND RACE AND TWO LURCHERS TO RACE AND COURSE, MIGHT EVEN BRING MY TRAINERS AGAIN FOR THE RELAY GREAT FUN LAST YEAR. LETS HOPE WEATHER IS AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR, LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MY FRIENDS.

Charity lurcher show to be held on Sun 26th Sept at Enstone Airfield OX15 5DQ, near Chipping Norton, OxfordshireAs nobody thought that my retirement fund a proper charity :( it will be held in aid of 2 local charities, Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue & Katharine House Hospice.

Ring 3 extra classes,

LOVELY SHOW LAST YEAR WILL BE COMING AGAIN WITH MY 3 PEDIS TO COURSE AND RACE AND TWO LURCHERS TO RACE AND COURSE, MIGHT EVEN BRING MY TRAINERS AGAIN FOR THE RELAY GREAT FUN LAST YEAR. LETS HOPE WEATHER IS AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR, LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MY FRIENDS.

I really enjoyed this one last year. I will be there again this year with my 3. Looking forward to it. :))

Vicky

x

This one sounds great and i have seen the trophies......they are amazing (w00t)

Im going to try and get to this one and i like the sound of the veteran straight racing for my boy....he will be happy :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back