The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

House Sitters

clairerichard

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We are going on holiday for a week in August and we are considering using the house sitting company While you're away. Our 11month old George has spent only 3 nights in kennels and cried himself so much he lost his voice! Any way it would be really great if anyone had anything to say about the company - good or bad or if anyone had any other ideas about what we could do. By the time we go away we should also have a puppy.

Thanks Claire x

George3.jpg

No experience of house sitters sorry.

Just a thought is you might want to look at Barking Mad, they place your dog in a sitters home whilst you are away http://www.barkingmad.uk.com/ it's another option.

Good luck :luck:

i'LL GET SOME INFO WHEN I NEXT SEE A FRIEND OF MINE AS SHE USES THEM REGULARY TO LOOK AFTER HER TWO LABS,TWO DONKEYS AND A PARROT

AND SHE S REALLY PLEASE WITH THEM...ABIT MORE PRICEY THOUGH

We are in Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire. I did consider barking mad but with such a young pup (it should of been with us for only 4 weeks by the holiday) we thought it would be better to get someone in to keep its routine going. As for expense it will cost us about £200 for the week - this is about the same as it would in the only local kennels we would be happy to use.

Claire x

i personnally wouldnt use a company that places your dog in someone elses home i looked into this last year and asked if i could see the home where my dogs would be staying only to be told no as our sitters do not want people in their home every 5 minutes :( i want to know where my dogs are going and that they will be looked after they are my babies in the end i found a very good kennel that put my 2 whippets in the puppy block where it was a bit quieter for them and they were fine obviously your little boy was not i hope you do find something :luck:

I used to do some house-sitting and I do feel that the house, dog, or other animal owner does get a good service. At that time, a few years ago, the charge was only £25 for 24 hour care. That is except I may leave the house for a maximum of a 4 hour period in any one day. It was expected that there would be food etc for my needs for the length of stay but for the cost dogs would be walked [according to the owners instructions], fed etc, any other animals fed etc, other little jobs such as tomatoes watered for instance, and such like. I do think it is a good service and you can go away with peace of mind.

Pauline

heres a website which my friend uses

http://www.home-and-pets.co.uk/

the company is called absentia and she uses a margeret and richard cartright

my friend would not leave her animals with just anyone and quite often ive looked after them in the day

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back