The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How Do You Decide...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I try and reply to those on twf, if posted on both sites. I like to look and read whats going on and sometimes post when i feel a point is worth making ;)

To THE METALCHICKEN,

You are not a desperate criminal as regards to the whippet forum, you asked to be deleted and it was granted 8)

I read everything but don't say much. There are two reasons for this, first as a moderator I try to be a little detatched so I can, hopefully, fulfill my role to the best of my ability and the second reason is, and I find this on most forums, friendship groups form and it is easy to feel 'out of the loop', on K9 it might be because I am a mod., but I often keep out of dicussions on other forums because of this. It is human nature for this to happen so am not, as such, condeming it, but I wonder sometimes how newcomers feel. I tend to lose interest if there are little asides and reference to things I haven't got a clue about, this has already happened on this thread with reference to the 'other thing'. To this end don't feel in a postition to contribute so I don't.

I always read about whippets that have been rescued and the people who give homes to dogs needing help are my heroes. I worry so much about the future of our breed, each time a litter appears I hope and pray that they have been bred for the right reason, that they all have loving forever homes to go to and that they never appear back on our screens as needing homes urgently, a little of-topic i know but as I have already stated I read everything but don't say much.

Jenny

More time spent on that other site :blink:
Hi Lizzy, you can say TWF on this topic :lol:

It always makes me laugh when we call TWF the other side or the dark side

and when on TWF it's K9 that's the other/dark side. We nearly all use both

forums, with the same name so we all know who's who...... :lol:
I find that quite amusing too. :lol: :lol:

I don't reply as much these days as I used to when I first joined K9. :- As others have said, it is sometimes difficult to say anything different to what has been said already, but I do like to reply to lovely photos. I don't give advice very often, but do when I feel able and it is appropriate.

I have found in the past things have got very heated and personal (for example over threads discussing whether to neuter or not) which I feel is totally unnecessary, so I try not to reply to anything controversial any more.

I love reading 'happy ending' stories and will nearly always comment on those threads. :)

I also feel I miss some of the people who don't seem to be on here anymore, and wonder how they are getting on.

I keep marine fish so spend some time on a Reef Fish forum too. :wub:

I tend to lose interest if there are little asides and reference to things I haven't got a clue about, this has already happened on this thread with reference to the 'other thing'. To this end don't feel in a postition to contribute so I don't.
Jenny
I agree with that Jenny. :-

i tend to not post much at all due to the very spiteful personal attacks ive witnessed over my time being here , i enjoy reading who is doing what , whats going on in peoples lives etc but hardly post for fear of upsetting someone or saying wrong thing , ive made some brilliant friends and happy they are in my life , but i cant take the personal attacks, many others have also stopped posting pics and threads for same reason :(
but to all the good friends ive made , LOVE YA LOADS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Snap :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tend to lose interest if there are little asides and reference to things I haven't got a clue about, this has already happened on this thread with reference to the 'other thing'. To this end don't feel in a postition to contribute so I don't.
Jenny
Yes actually you are both right and i apologise for this :b .

Because i found the Bean Names a bit off putting when they suddenly

popped up on TWF, it was like a secret group you were either in or not.

I know it wasn't like that but it felt a bit like it when it started, of course

i can see it for the harmless fun it is now. But i am now guilty of putting

the same thoughts in other peoples minds.

So maybe i should explain the 'other thing'......

Its just a small forum we have set up where we can go chat and post

pictures. We have a strict policy where no-one is allowed to shout down

or make any other member uncomfortable about what they post/think.

Sounds a bit dull and bum lickey doesn't it, but its not 8)

What a good idea somewhere where you can post what you want your friends to see, but not the world.

Its so difficult you want to tell people, then wished you hadnt !!

Jenny
Yes actually you are both right and i apologise for this :b .

I know it wasn't like that but it felt a bit like it when it started, of course

i can see it for the harmless fun it is now. But i am now guilty of putting

the same thoughts in other peoples minds.

So maybe i should explain the 'other thing'......

Its just a small forum we have set up where we can go chat and post

pictures. We have a strict policy where no-one is allowed to shout down

or make any other member uncomfortable about what they post/think.

Sounds a bit dull and bum lickey doesn't it, but its not 8)

no its what you feel comfortable with and whom you are comfortable with , imo , a place where highs and lows are shared without fear of prejudice , well done you lot :)

:clown: :teehee: Oh , I ment the FB site . TWF is great and some very knowledgable people as there is here also o:) but still tend to keep my head down 8)

I hate it when I read of a dog died or very poorly , usually have a few tears :(

More time spent on that other site :blink:
Hi Lizzy, you can say TWF on this topic :lol:

It always makes me laugh when we call TWF the other side or the dark side

and when on TWF it's K9 that's the other/dark side. We nearly all use both

forums, with the same name so we all know who's who...... :lol:

Jenny

i thought it was just me who felt like that :>

the bean thing on twf actually put me off it for a while,

as i think it was the first time twf looked like it had a "group"

here there has always (well as long as i have been on) a "group" so its somthing im used to,

i am sure its not intetional by the people in the groups,

but it does somtimes feel on the outside that you are not in on the joke, or possibily are the joke :unsure:

i really dont mean this in any bad way,

i think its great that so many people on both sides have made such good friends, :huggles:

but it does somtimes put me off posting on threads or topics (on both sides) :b

The beanies on twf seem to have their own site now :)

i tend to not post much at all due to the very spiteful personal attacks ive witnessed over my time being here , i enjoy reading who is doing what , whats going on in peoples lives etc but hardly post for fear of upsetting someone or saying wrong thing , ive made some brilliant friends and happy they are in my life , but i cant take the personal attacks, many others have also stopped posting pics and threads for same reason :(
but to all the good friends ive made , LOVE YA LOADS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:lol: :lol:

The beanies on twf seem to have their own site now :)
Really.....little groups are springing up everywhere aren't they.

Does this happen a lot and do they dwindle out and come back

to TWF or/and K9 ?

Speak for yourself Ann :p Some of us are terrible reprobates/desperate criminals and aren't allowed on 'the other side', or maybe that should be 'the side that shall not be named' lol.
Me too Annie. If you say anything that one mod doesn't agree with, there's no warning, she just terminates your posting rights :lol: Good job I'm not fussed about it :D

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :clown: :lol:

Speak for yourself Ann :p Some of us are terrible reprobates/desperate criminals and aren't allowed on 'the other side', or maybe that should be 'the side that shall not be named' lol.
Me too Annie. If you say anything that one mod doesn't agree with, there's no warning, she just terminates your posting rights :lol: Good job I'm not fussed about it :D

Annie asked to be deleted, and her wish was granted

Re. little groups ... as already said, it is inevitable that such groups will form, but in my experience if you take the time to 'talk' to people and get to know them, even if only virtually, you often become a group member yourself, whether by default or by invitation ... online friendships are like other friendships, the more you work at them the more they flourish.

To THE METALCHICKEN,
You are not a desperate criminal as regards to the whippet forum, you asked to be deleted and it was granted 8)
Just to clarify, in response to a clear indication from TWF admin that I was not to post about my Courthill puppy etc. I did, as you say, request 'deletion', but I then decided I'd rather stay and withdrew that request. I was 'deleted' anyway, or rather my account was suspended, so it appears to others as if I remain a TWF member with posting rights where in fact this is not the case. My husband had only posted a few times and had made no such request but he was suspended too, without warning or explanation, until 2031!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back