The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Need Help

sue burton

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i need help can anyone out there tell me will whippets play ball. i would like whippets as my next dogs but my grandson desperately wants a dog that will play ball with him and as he spends a lot of time with us after school and during school holidays i want to fulfil this if i can thanks Sue

Well, Blue's the first whippet I've ever had but he is absolutely obsessed with chasing balls! (w00t)

Oh, and welcome to K9! :D

Jill

x

Last edited by a moderator:
My young dog is obsessed with a ball, you just have to play with them, teaching them to fetch. A whippet will play ball! :thumbsup:

Yep once they get the idea they love it. Retrieve training using lots of treats and then gradually you won't need the treats any more and try a ball on a rope... ruby loves hers.

sue burton said:
i need help can anyone out there tell me will whippets play ball. i would like whippets as my next dogs but my grandson desperately wants a dog that will play ball with him and as he spends a lot of time with us after school and during school holidays i want to fulfil this if i can thanks    Sue
Play ball frisbee. lick you to death unconditional love, loves kids, cant beat a whippet, even plays on swings wi kids

Both of my boys love playing ball.... Sidney thinks all balls are his and Ben tried to prove him wrong by sneaking off with them :lol:

Whippets are a brill choice

x

:wacko: Ozzy will play with them in the house but not outside. He thinks there is much more interesting things to play with when he is in the park or woods :- " :rolleyes:

Yep my girls always have a ball in their mouth :*

I've never had any breed that enjoys their toys as much as

these two. They have a big toy box and they dig around to

find what they are looking for, so everything gets played with

not just the ones on top :))

Catch is a favourite game so they are ideal to play with the

little ones.

Bluebell is mad about balls :wub: , she throws one for herself all around the house as well as being a brilliant retriever, she brings it back to my hand - she has been taught by my Colliex though :b

Frisbees are very popular with whippets, but Zephyr also has a toybox in the house full of squeakies, balls etc :p

N_Ridley_June04_small.jpg

Another one here who loves to play ball. On a wet day if noone will play in the garden with her Penny carries the ball upstairs then lets it roll down and she chases after it. Keeps her amused for ages. :lol:

Same here

Mine have a toy box full of balls and toys great fun for everyone!!!

Welcome to the forum

Merlin is obsessed with his frisbee but that's only because it's what we trained him to fetch with - i'm sure if we'd of used a ball he would be just as excited by that. He does however enjoy a game of ball at home.

Most of my lot loves the ball,but when they are out they too busy chasing each other :D

8 of mine play ball and frisbee ......Like all dogs it gives them something to focus on, and helps with their recall :D

wild whippies said:
Balls, frisbees, plastic bags, they're mad for them! (w00t)
Clipboard03.jpg

What an amazing photo. :wub: :wub:

My two whippets play ball, and they love squeaky soft toys too. :thumbsup:

kala said:
Another one here who loves to play ball. On a wet day if noone will play in the garden with her Penny carries the ball upstairs then lets it roll down and she chases after it. Keeps her amused for ages. :lol:

Thats what my Buffee used to do :D but since her back op , I cant let her up stairs anymore :( , so she just has to play will her balls on the ground floor , still she seems happy enough :D

Two of mine go mad for balls... :lol: Kobi is not as keen he prefers furries... :lol:

Heres Oscar with the ball, my son who is 14 loves throwing balls and kicking footballs too.. :lol: the dogs love it... :thumbsup:

gallery_2031_12_24607.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back