The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ibs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
To those of you that feel bad about feeding dry food..DON'T..I don't, there is nothing wrong with the choices I have made for my dogs,they are fit healthy and happy..one is a rescue who incidentally was actually fed solely on tripe before we had him and had intestinal problems and yet he hadn't encountered dry food.

he's doing fine now..

Moonpig has pancreatitis from time to time and this can be attributed to the consumption of a large amount of lino from the kitchen floor which has damaged her pancreas..again, nothing to do with being fed dry food...in fact the pancreatic support diet is a dry food (w00t)

There are many things which contribute to health problems in dogs and it's often easy to blame it all on diet but both digestive problems and skin problems in dogs can be attributed to stress as well. Also it depends on the dogs breeding too, they can also inherit a predisposition to health problems which cannot necessarily be attributed to dry food either.

All my dogs have good clean teeth too despite their dry food diet.

I have no intention of feeding raw food, having tried previously and had stomach upsets in all my dogs, I am quite happy that they are fit and healthy on their dry diet.

If people want to feed raw, that's fine, that's their choice but to be honest what is a natural diet for todays domestic dog? they're certainly not wolves anymore.

Hope Robbie gets over this Susan, as you say yours wont eat raw...so you will have to find some alternative

for him.... :thumbsup: :luck:

I just wish him well again...its awful when they have constant problems.

PS. edited to apologise in advance if this post offends anyone as it is certainly not meant to, i hope it hasn't come across as being rude, but just a bit informative from someone who has had various tummy problems in the past in dogs.[/size].[/color]
Thanks Nina for your very informative post, and certainly not rude at all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry to Susan if her thread has been hijacked, and I do hope you find the right diet that suits Robbie. :luck: :luck:

Hope Robbie gets over this Susan, as you say yours wont eat raw...so you will have to find some alternativefor him.... :thumbsup: :luck:

I just wish him well again...its awful when they have constant problems.

Thanks Janis,,Robbie is doing well at the mo,,look on facebook as wont be using k9 for any advice,,as most of my pals on k9 are my facebook friends,,all I asked was a good dry dog food,,not that I dont feed raw,,or used bakers that were killing the dogs,, I have had whippets for around 22 yrs,,just these 2 fussy eaters,,had gsd's and a border collie x,,no tummy probs with them,,the collie lived to be almost 20 yrs old,,30 yrs ago,,got my whippet pups from 7-10 weeks old,,always used the same diet,,but these 2 would not take to it,,not bad as one a Rch/Nch Yearling Eng Derby,,Vet ch scot derby,,other litter sis a ch,,he was retired due to me health,,yes I do love the dogs,,like ive said they like kids to me,,my friends in the racing know me well and know I want the best for the dogs I have,,I do wish they were like most of my other dogs,,ate everything,,but these 2 wont,,not reply here now,,will just post on non peds,,or my friends posts,,been a member on k9 since it began,,giving it a miss for now,,cant be doing with the fighting on my post and others,,,hope none of your dogs have blood all over the garden,,dont ask here,,ask your friends as your not feeding your dog right or just others hate each other for what ever reason thats nothing to do with you,,Judy/ Nigel,,been nice in the last 10 yrs or so,not coming here now,,dont race,,but Ive not raced in a few years,,but we have always poped into k9,,we now talk to our racing frinds on facebook,,thanks for the links,,will use them as cant buy the hills duck/potato diet I was talking to my vet about,,got good advice from my friends who are on k9,,but facebook pals too,,might try and buy them another dry food,,bye all xx

afte recieving several complaints i've removed a number of posts that were ruining this thread.

if members cant agree or have personal issues please do not use k9 to air those views or it will result in those members being placed on mod review to give things time to cool down.

Bought the dogs a 15kg bag of James Wellbeloved Duck and Rice food today,,not cheep but if it helps great. Both doing well on the vet food, but he thinks they need to change to this food,,doing it slowly so to try and not upset their tummys. Thanks for your advice. This topic can be locked/ closed as wont reply on it now,Just an update for my friends not on facebook :thumbsup:

Bought the dogs a 15kg bag of James Wellbeloved Duck and Rice food today,,not cheep but if it helps great. Both doing well on the vet food, but he thinks they need to change to this food,,doing it slowly so to try and not upset their tummys. Thanks for your advice. This topic can be locked/ closed as wont reply on it now,Just an update for my friends not on facebook :thumbsup:
best of luck, i hope they do well on it....my beagle pup Bill has major food allergies including chicken....he has been on th JWB duck and rice junior for around 3 months and a week ago we changed him onto the adult version,he has done extremely well on it and i hope its the same for you..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back