The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Internet Service Providers

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Not going to say the company's name in case it causes trouble (although I've seen them slagged elsewhere on the internet) but I'm wondering how many people use a certain internet provider that recently took over an existing one and have since noticed a totally crap service?

I know me and Mum aren't the only ones as Tony's also had problems and just read another K9er has too.

As we're going to change, can people recommend good ISP's?

Thanks.

Blimey it posted!! It's a miracle!

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
Not going to say the company's name in case it causes trouble (although I've seen them slagged elsewhere on the internet) but I'm wondering how many people use a certain internet provider that recently took over an existing one and have since noticed a totally crap service?I know me and Mum aren't the only ones as Tony's also had problems and just read another K9er has too.

As we're going to change, can people recommend good ISP's?

Thanks.

Blimey it posted!! It's a miracle!

AOL here :lol: has been for years, and on dial up £9 per month :lol: yeh im a tight git, but ive never had many probs with em, nowt i havent been able to put right, and im no comp boff

keith :cheers:

AOL only trouble is its slow and thats on broadband :angry: ]

Actually, I've just come across some info that says all broadband providers have been suffering recently due to the floods, it does make sense as our provision seems to have been dependant upon the weather. (we've had a dry day today, can you tell lol)

Certainly doesn't look good for my provider though going on the reviews being posted on this link http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-119271.html

Tony I had to laugh at your review as it was a lot tamer than your verbal rantings! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at it from this end I know that by far AOL cause the most problems for people using K9. This may not be because they are any worse than anyone else it may be that they have more subscribers (but personally I don't think so :- " )

AOL seem to use this caching mechanism which doesn't work very well & they caused me a lot of problems by incorrectly blocking email from a K9 IP address. Personally I will never ever use AOL!!

I use Orange and although I wouldn't necessarily recommend them I haven't had any problems. I've signed up quite a few of my business customers onto Zen and never ever had any problems & their tech support is very good. I used to resell Nildram & and they were very good but haven't been that impressed since they were taken over by Pipex :teehee:

have to say virgin medias service recently has been the pits.were desperate to change but need some recommendations

I use good old BT, I like the fact that their helpline is only charged at local rate and not 50p a minute. I get free calls for up to an hour each, you can re-dial straight away. Also free Norton.

i agree with kris ,virgin are absolutely rubbish if you have a problem.

we lost out connection and they took days to come out,then the engineer said we needed new cables which would take a month,then our friends came round and had a look and told us it was on the servers side where the fault was,rang again and told them ,they checked and said oh yeah will get that done for you within 2 hours,slack or what.

Try using a connection speed test like http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/speedtest/

I'm on broadband and I'n supposed to get up to :angry: 2mb but since Virgin took over it averages nearer 300kb and often it's zero so the connection breaks and I need to reboot.

It's annoying to be paying for something I'm clearly not receiving but the icing on the cake is having to pay to connect to their unhelp line. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Anyone any experience of the reliability or otherwise of BT speeds and connection?

I think most ISP's are rubbish when there is any trouble to be sorted. (w00t)

Ive got AOL and although Ive had problems in the past, they have always got sorted eventually.

To be honest since Ive got the laptop and connected to my Netgear Router Ive found the connection much quicker for some reason.

Im happy with them at the moment. :thumbsup:

sorry im a cheapskate and have to say that tesco is brillaint , in the 3 yrs ive had both dial up and broadband and never had a problem at all, just wait now ive said that ill have probs but service and help getting started is brill :thumbsup:

free laptop with orange broadband

This might be worth a go? I'm thinking of switching from Demon for this deal... laptop would be ideal for no. 1 daughter. That said tho' I've had no problems with Demon and would recommend them.

AOL BROADBAND here, no problems at all, we have a home pc and 2 laptops, so have wireless network as well..................super fast :thumbsup:

i've used tesco for over 3 years now and have never had any problems at all... and you get clubcard points to :D :thumbsup:

julie_s said:
free laptop with orange broadband
This might be worth a go? I'm thinking of switching from Demon for this deal... laptop would be ideal for no. 1 daughter. That said tho' I've had no problems with Demon and would recommend them.

saw this the other week and was thinking of switching to it just for the laptop!but you have to have a bt phoneline and i dont think we have now weve been with cable for so long :unsure:

I was on Tesco for years and never had a problem with them. I switched to Sky because it was only £10 a month for unlimited access. I had problems with my wireless router to begin with but since Sky sent me a replacement it has been ok.

im with virgin and was with ntl before the sell out i have had no probs with ntl, but virgin have not been to good i get the tv broadband and phone package this week tried to pay the bill over the phone 1st one took 1/2 an hour he kept putting me on hold then coming back and asking for the same details 4 times this went on in the end i hung up, the next one took 5 mins but put the wrong amount in which put me over drawn, he told me he could not stop it and i had to contact my bank to stop it i did that and was told that virgin had to tell thier bank to get in touch with my bank to stop the transaction.

when i got back to virgin i was told that i did not have to do this ,thay could do it at thier end (i'm waiting for the letter from my bank to say i was overdrawn :rant: )also the tv set top box is crap its a bit like me only works on sunny days

with the broadband thing it depends on how far away you are from the exchange i was on 4mbs with ntl and did the speed test got 3.5mb im on 2 mb with virgin(downsized did not need the 4mbs) i get 1.9mbs the exchange is only 1 mile away

Tony

We've never had any probs with tiscali broadband :thumbsup: we get 7.3mb...its quick and it has'nt let us down .....yet lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back