The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is It True

toadfish

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all

Is it true that there was a bwra meeting on the 17 december.

If so can anybody give me any information on what happened as i understand from the topgun site various decisions taken at the AGM seam to have been overtured some may be going out to postal vote eg DRUG TESTING.

If this is so what is the point of attending the AGM. :angry:

Please can sombody help.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you will find that some things voted in at the AGM were overturned because 2007 was not a proposal year and an issue as important as drug testing and an increase in memberships is too important to be voted on by a small amount of BWRA members, you may say if people were interested they should have attended the meeting but I am afraid not all members can do this due to the expense etc.,

I also feel that puppy and yearling championships particularly when it's late in the year should be held in the middle of the country otherwise it is a farce when some members may have trained their pup and they are showing a lot o potential cannot complete on the big occasion.

Sheila Webb

By the way I have not got a pup just thinking of my club members who will be joining the BWRA and are not being considered.

I also feel that puppy and yearling championships particularly when it's late in the year should be held in the middle of the country otherwise it is a farce when some members may have trained their pup and they are showing a lot o potential cannot complete on the big occasion.

Sheila Webb

By the way I have not got a pup just thinking of my club members who will be joining the BWRA and are not being considered.

Not quite sure why the 'time of year' is important, and where the 'middle' of the country might be?? Suppose the currrent venue might give the BWRA members from Scotland, Northern area the opportunity not to have to travel so far to race in puppy/ yearling champs. I do have an interest, have pups and yearlings but will be travelling to Old hall in April to run them, as that is where the race was agreed to be held.

Was it proposed from the meeting on the 17th Dec that other decisions made in the AGM, i.e where opens should be held are to be overuled then??

chris

Hi

Thank you for helping but what has been changed from the AGM as i know what we voted on then but it seems other things will not go forward.

Can i also ask how many members were present.

Graham

i think your best bet is to get in touch with a bwra committee person :)) never heard anything myself, but like Sheila said it wasnt really the time for proposals and should of rightfully gone out to a postal vote on such big issues , such as drug testing ,I'm sure the bwra will let people know and acted at the time as they thought to be fair.

Thing is why were things allowed to be voted on then if we shouldn't have been?

Could have saved a hell of a lot of time on that day.

At the AGM this point was brought up the top table said that a signed letter was needed by a number of members before we can address the big issues ALL members present were willing to sign said letter there and then and so the chairman agreed to the voting on lots of big issues. :- "

Graham

Hell if there was never any plans to instigate changes subject to voting then why have an AGM? The same applies to over-turning any decisions made that day that are then over-ruled in a following Reps meeting.

I really do wish a comittee member would act as a speaker for K9, we all end up confused and none the wiser for even attending these meetings, it's not only the comittee who have commitments so surely efforts should be made for everyone attending to feel their time was worthwhile.

Jac (dissapointed) :(

Secondly if all voting that day has been declared null and void, does this also apply to votes regarding the ban of Di & Bruce Bellwood? :unsure:

I think the meeting concerned was the reps meeting held at Highgate (? 16th Dec 2007) after the AGM held 21st October 2007, unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the reps meeting and I believe a few others weren't able to attend either.

wild whippies said:
Secondly if all voting that day has been declared null and void, does this also apply to votes regarding the ban of Di & Bruce Bellwood? :unsure:
I don't think it was fair to ban Bruce & Di from the BWRA, the wrong doings of Di concerned the NNWRF

G & H Fletcher :rant:

i agree geoff that too should of at least gone to a postal vote

Speculation on anything wont help the bwra need to use k9 for there advantage and let folk know whats going on and this is in no way a dig at them :( just think it would help

I AGREE WITH MILLY, THEY TOOK NOTHING FROM THE BWRA, AND DID NOT BREAK ANY BWRA RULES.

Suppose it saves any one having to gather 50names for a EGM ---- :thumbsup: :- " LOL

steve

milly said:
wild whippies said:
I don't think it was fair to ban Bruce & Di from the BWRA, the wrong doings of Di concerned the NNWRF

G & H Fletcher :ran

I agree with what Geoff has said over the Bruce and Di situation with the BWRA

I went to the meeting on the 16 Dec at Highgate it was decided it would go to a postal vote

totally agree geoff bruce and di should never have been banned from the bwra and in my opinion the ban from the federation should never have been that long anyway if at all. about time somebody spoke some sense,and we start putting the fun back into our sport ,instead of dragging it down

the ban was voted bye nnwrf members jeff not just the nnwrf committee :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back