The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is It True

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Regarding the Bellwoods punishments, if you worked in a line of business were monies were entrusted with you and you choose to stole it the chances are you'll be sacked and if the police were involved you'd probably be given some sort of custodial sentance at the very worst considering you'd paid most of the monies back and pleaded guilty.

You'd still have a chance of getting another job, you'll of carried out an appropiate sentance and that part of your life would be in the past, albeit not forgotten.

Now then to me an all out permanent ban was pointless with both organisations for the following reasons

1. To treat one group of individuals differently from another is in my eyes discrimination and instantly creates much ill feeling with fellow racers.

2. A permanent ban may well have taken away their hobby but they're free to go to lurcher events etc with no repercussions. Surely one of the best ways to educate a criminal of the damage they'd done would be to expose them to their victims?

3. Realistically, what would the chances of the same crime happening to the BWRA? They know their history therefore they should be wise enough not to put these individuals in a position that would make the BWRA vulnerable.

4. If I'm correct, I understand the Bellwoods are yet to recieve punishment from the bank issueing criminal proceedings? This combined with the ban from the NNWRF was in my eyes substantial enough punishment and a continued membership with the BWRA would of been a regular reminder of how dissapointed their friends really are with them.

Just my opinion.

LIKE I SAY I MIGHT BE BIAS BUT IM GUTTED

I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION

BUT I AM ENTITLED TO MY OWN

GARY

:cheers:

In fairness to John Noble, he's provided us with some enlightenment as to what happened at the Reps meeting and if no-one provides an account for the minutes for viewing then we're all speculating.

Some feel passionate about a lifetime ban, some don't, there's no shame in either opinion so long as it's an opinion generated from analysing all the facts.

With regards to drug testing with the BWRA, when exactly was it voted out? I thought last time round everyone voted for drug testing but this too was also over riden due to fear of legal proceedings being made against the BWRA?

well i wish theyd tell us if agm meeting is a waste of time and petrol year before we bother going :thumbsup:

no one can be banned for life only membership denied ,i personally wish non of this ever happened as do the rest of the committee, at the time folks wanted to hang them never mind ban them :( hope it all gets settled we never just lost 2 hard workers but2 good Friends too but no matter how it gets sugarcoated it was a really wrong thing to do :( like i said no one can be banned for life but there were a lot of members at the time shouting we will tear our cards up if its not life now it sounds like the committee was to harsh it went to a MEMBERS vote :- " I MAY GET WRONG FOR SAYING THIS BUT THERE ARE SUCH THINGS AS APPEALS BUT I'M SURE THE PUBLICITY ITS GETTING IN THIS TOPIC WONT HELP :( THIS STARTED OF AS BWRA VOTES NOW ITS GONE ON TO BRUCE AND DI I'm sure it mustnt be very nice for them when they reed k9 I'm not shouting i hit the caps by mistake :blink:

I apologise for bringing up the subject of the Bellwoods ban but as it appears that all votes taken for voting that day on other topics are not to be counted, I naturally wondered if the same would apply to this particular issue.

It certainly wasn't meaning to cause trouble and it will explain why we'll be requested to vote again via ballot. Personally I think the issue would of been discussed either way the minute we all got our voting forms, at least we're all in the know now and can explain to those without internet access exactly why the same issue is being put to vote again.

I think the BWRA's decision to put this to a written vote is an excellent idea, we've had chance to think about it and this time it will hopefully be all members voting rather than the aprox 15% of the organisation (35 votes taken previously)

I was at the reps meeting as BWRA North West secretary the meeting had been called as the exutive committee ha d received a letter from Mr.Bellwoods solicitor appealing against the decision taken against Mr. Bellwood at the AGM as this had been a disiplinary action and he had done nothing within the BWRA organisation to be disiplined for the outcome of this meeting was to put it out to a postal vote

_______________________________________-

the issue of drug testing was raised by the chairman saying he wanted to see a solicitor before the drug testing programme was re-instated I don't recall it going to a postal vote

The venue for the pupy champs was raised by the secretary but it was agreed by the meeting we had recently had an AGM where as allways venues are decide along with other things what was the point of expecting members to take the time and trouble to come to to an AGM

A rep raised the issue of scratch dogs and the amount of greyhound in the breeding the chairman said he would like to see when registering a pup members would have to give 5 generation of its breeding this way they could track the amount of greyhound in the breeding

actually who,s running the bwra the committee or reps surely ,the reps should have a mandate for the meeting before to vote on at club level as im a member and spoke to all locally and know one knew about it to after,and there,s me thinking the BWRA is run on what its membership want :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
wild whippies said:
I apologise for bringing up the subject of the Bellwoods ban but as it appears that all votes taken for voting that day on other topics are not to be counted, I naturally wondered if the same would apply to this particular issue. It certainly wasn't meaning to cause trouble and it will explain why we'll be requested to vote again via ballot. Personally I think the issue would of been discussed either way the minute we all got our voting forms, at least we're all in the know now and can explain to those without internet access exactly why the same issue is being put to vote again.

I think the BWRA's decision to put this to a written vote is an excellent idea, we've had chance to think about it and this time it will hopefully be all members voting rather than the aprox 15% of the organisation (35 votes taken previously)

sorry jak wasnt aiming it at you :thumbsup:

I still can not understand why this is a surprise to any one ---

its high time the BWRA got their act together!

I will not go to any AGM until it is used for what purpose its meant for having been to one three years ago ----

seen how it is conducted and how quickly things are swept under the carpet if it does not suit certain members

subsequently changed by the collecting of 50 names three months later i think its a joke ---to even hold one.

50 names were collected this year for some reason a meeting was called for at Highgate stadium only a few of the names turned up ---

I spend enough money on diesel going to opens without wasting it on non starters like AGM's ---as i am sure lots of you do---

As far as the Di -Bruce affair my view is that the NNWRF dealt with the matter as the members and committee thought correctly and good on them --

How either Bruce or Di could even contemplate showing their faces at any event after committing fraud and stealing from people who considered them as friends and many who were financially worse off than them is beyond me --

I think the BWRA can only say that in the light of what they have done they are not a good role model for the sport and refuse to have them as members -- my opinion only ---Karen may differ as we often do.

steve

ahorsnall said:
actually who,s running the bwra the committee or reps surely ,the reps should have a mandate for the meeting before to vote on at club level as im a member and spoke to all locally and know one knew about it to after,and there,s me thinking the BWRA is run on what its membership want  :- "
I always wondered how meetings are conducted, call me simple minded if you wish but to my understanding it would be easier for the BWRA to get the general gist of what the members wanted if votes were taken at club AGM's with votes passed on to Regional Reps along with any statements or commments from club members.

Maybe an idea would be for Reps to meet with the Committee in October for example and all National issues to be raised here with the Reps taking the information back to club reps, this way the Club AGM would address club issues, any regional issues as well as national ones, all club members votes could be recieved and opinions on issues could be relayed through the club to the Regional Reps ready for a "review" with the Committee in say December. This way all members can have their vote and all opinions noted without people needing to travel for hundreds of miles to do the same thing (if of course you can shout loud enough on occasion).

At the end of the day to become a BWRA member you must first join an affiliated club, what is the point of this if we all have to travel to one national meeting, we might as well join the BWRA directly is we are unable to air our views of national issues at our own club :eek: .

Fleesh/Elise (call me what you like I'm climbing off my soap box now).

:sweating:

A rep raised the issue of scratch dogs and the amount of greyhound in the breeding the chairman said he would like to see when registering a pup members would have to give 5 generation of its breeding this way they could track the amount of greyhound in the breeding

Does this now mean to regester a dog you have to produce a five generation pedigree because i cannot remember anything about this at the agm. Or have i missed a meeting

graham

ps sorry linda forgot my manners thanks for info :thumbsup:

toadfish said:

Does this now mean to regester a dog you have to produce a five generation pedigree because i cannot remember anything about this at the agm. Or have i missed a meeting

graham

could someone let me know who the chairman is for the bwra just out of interest i know who the rep was i think.

weathergirls said:
I was at the reps meeting as BWRA North West secretary  the meeting had been called as the exutive committee ha d received a letter from  Mr.Bellwoods solicitor appealing against the decision taken against Mr. Bellwood  at the AGM  as this had been a disiplinary action and he had done nothing within the BWRA organisation to be disiplined for the outcome of this meeting was to put it out to a postal vote                 _______________________________________-

the issue of drug testing was raised by the chairman saying he wanted to see a solicitor before the drug testing programme was re-instated I don't recall it going to a postal vote

The venue for the pupy champs was raised by the secretary  but it was agreed by the meeting we had recently had an AGM  where as allways venues are decide along with other things what was the point of expecting members to take the time and trouble to come to to an AGM

Which rep was it that raised the issue about scratch dogs Linda? I bet a £ to a pinch of shit they didn't own a scratch dog.

GRAHAM PEM said:
toadfish said:

graham

could someone let me know who the chairman is for the bwra just out of interest i know who the rep was i think.

From the website--------------maybe outdated????*

President-C.Armstrong

Chairman-Tony Cooper

Secretary-A.Armstrong

Registrar-Lynn Rowley

Treasurer-M Mussett???????????????*

Mr and Mrs Armstrong are not members on K9-as far as i know but others post for them....

Karen

Karen-Coral said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
toadfish said:

graham

From the website--------------maybe outdated????*

President-C.Armstrong

Chairman-Tony Cooper

Secretary-A.Armstrong

Registrar-Lynn Rowley

Treasurer-M Mussett???????????????*

Mr and Mrs Armstrong are not members on K9-as far as i know but others post for them....

Karen

thanks thought he was but was unsure

milly said:
weathergirls said:
I was at the reps meeting as BWRA North West secretary  the meeting had been called as the exutive committee ha d received a letter from  Mr.Bellwoods solicitor appealing against the decision taken against Mr. Bellwood  at the AGM  as this had been a disiplinary action and he had done nothing within the BWRA organisation to be disiplined for the outcome of this meeting was to put it out to a postal vote                 _______________________________________-

The venue for the pupy champs was raised by the secretary  but it was agreed by the meeting we had recently had an AGM  where as allways venues are decide along with other things what was the point of expecting members to take the time and trouble to come to to an AGM

Which rep was it that raised the issue about scratch dogs Linda? I bet a £ to a pinch of shit they didn't own a scratch dog.

do they ever

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back