The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Is It True

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
BETTER GET MY BOY REGISTERED QUICK THEN GRAHAM.. :lol: :lol:

DENISE BAILEY said:
As for the drug testing issue when did the Bwra testing get voted out , as i am not aware it ever did , only thing that ever changed with BWRA testing has been the levels ... Agree that if BWRA  are to test properly then the membership had to be increased to cover the cost also members were to sign a waver to agree to not hold the committee responsible if there test result came back positive ..
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was the point I was trying to get across yesterday, drug testing was never voted out, it should still be in place since the BWRA members voted for this. I'm sorry but no-one has the right to overule a majority. If there was concerns about the possible legal implications of drug testing, they should of made their thoughts known immediately, they do not have the right as a committee member to overule their members.

I am grateful to all the individuals concerned who organise both organisations, I know it's a thankless task etc but no-one is forcing you against your will to do this job, certainly I would have more respect for someone who walked away from something they was unhappy doing rather than 'do their own thing' regardless.

Again I say, no-one has a legal right to be in an organisation, it's a priveledge. If your thrown out for breaching their rules you have no 'rights' in a court of law to force that organisation to accept you unless you have been excluded due to race, colour or creed.

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have been lead to believe today anything that was voted on at the AGM , will not stand as  last year was not a proposal year ...these matters can be re-proposed and voted on this years , as proposals only take place every 2 years ... Has anyone got whippet news at hand of the AGM and what was voted for ..i can not remember , its that old age thing again

As for the producing of 5 / 3 years generation to prove how much % of greyhound blood is been used is pathetic

All people need to do it say they have lined a greyhound bitch with a different stud dog ... IE Graham could of quite easily said he had lined his greyhound to tinkerman ...who in none ped racing would of been any the wiser apart from graham & Gary and then no one would have said a thing about it (sorry lads for using you both again as an example)

As for the drug testing issue when did the Bwra testing get voted out , as i am not aware it ever did , only thing that ever changed with BWRA testing has been the levels ... Agree that if BWRA  are to test properly then the membership had to be increased to cover the cost also members were to sign a waver to agree to not hold the committee responsible if there test result came back positive ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if this works here are the minutes from BWRA AGM

these were passed to me from someone how gets the whippet news as we do not

BWRA NATIONAL AGM HIGHGATE GREYHOUND STADIUM SUNDAY 21ST OCTOBER 2007

Meeting opened;

12.08 Minutes from 2006 AGM read out and accepted as a true record.

Treasurer's report...

C.Cornish thought that the balloons & Diaries for the 40th Anniversary were not a good idea & that the money could have been better spent.

L.Broom suggested prize-money would have been better.

Muriel then thanked the members for their support during her many years as treasurer. The treasurers report was accepted, proposed M.Buckingham, seconded, A.Armstrong.

Election of officers.....

The committee remain the same, as muriel has resigned, two nominations were put forward for the post of treasurer. Joyce Thoburn, receiving 30 votes. Vicky Harper receiving 21 votes, Joyce Thoburn is the new BWRA treasurer.

Dates and Venues for 2008.

BWRA TYRONE OPEN STAINFORTH MARCH 9TH 2008

BWRA BEND CHAMPS STAINFORTH MARCH 30TH 2008

BWRA SPRING PUP/YEARLING CHAMPS & ABC RACING OLD HALL APRIL 6TH 2008

BWRA LORD BYRON PLATE DAWDON APRIL 27TH 2008

BWRA IBM/GRASSCUTTER DEVON JUNE 22ND 2008

BWRA STRAIGHT CHAMPS WORCESTOR AUGUST 23/24TH 2008

BWRA REGIONAL BEND TEAMS HIGHGATE SEPT 14TH 2008

BWRA AUTUMN PUP/YEARLING CHAMPS AND JACK CADMAN WALLSEND OCTOBER 5TH 2008

BWRA PROPOSALS CLOSING DATE (proposals to be in to secretary by this date) OCTOBER 19TH 2008

BWRA REPS/PROPOSAL MEETING NOVEMBER 2ND 2008

BWRA NATIONAL AGM DECEMBER 14TH 2008

AOB

Paul jennings asked if a BWRA member had asked for a dog to be tested at the straight champs, quite a heated discussion followed. Alison Armstrong informed Paul, taht no dog was going to be tested & as usual, it was all down to certain people who dont give their names, spreading rumours, trying to cause trouble. Vicky Harper was then put forward to take over as the new top gun compiler, this was agreed by everyone. The top gun format was then discussed and it was agreed that each BWRA region would be allowed 2 opens to count for top gun points, plus all BWRA national events, more information will follow from Vicky.

l.Broom asked if the 36lb & 40lb scratch could be added to the regional team events, no objections were put forward, so these will now be included in team events.

The veteran championships, were then discussed, it was agreed that these would now be held on seperate days. The sidewinder saunter remains for racing champions only, and the veteran champs is open to all veterans, dogs can only enter one event.

Tnoy Cooper then expressed how sick he was of all the rubbish being put on the internet by people that do not back up what they say, with a name, and he though moderators should take it off as it was just causing trouble. Tony Taylor said he had no control over it.

Rita Young then expressed her disgust in Mr and Mrs Bellwoods taking the NNWRF funds, as this money belongs to all of us. Tony Cooper said the BWRA is a democratic organisation, and it was up to the members to decide what to do about the situation. A letter was then read out from wallsend wrc, stating that anyone currently under a ban from either the BWRA or NNWRF, would not be allowed to race at Wallsend WRC. Rita Young then proposed that bruce and di bellwood be banned from the bwra for life, this was seconded by P.Johnson. Votes for 28... against 7.

Gary Bailey then asked if this also applied to Tony Weatherson & Yvonne Ragnolli. Erica redshaw stated that tony & Yvonne had served their BWRA ban and it should not be discussed any further. L.Broom said the tony and yvonne situation should of been dealt with 3 years ago. The whole discussion got very heated with a lot of personal comments being made between both members. C.Brekin then said she was new to the sport & thought the situation was like children in the playground fighting to which a round of applause followed. L.Broom then proposed that anyone under a ban from the BWRA could not be a BWRA regional rep, seconded by M.Cahill. For 32 against 1.

Mark warren then asked for a hard line to be taken on people using drugs for personal use, as this is a family sport. Anyone proven to be using drugs, the police to be informed and the said person/s involved would be immediately banned, everyone agreed.

Drug testing was then discussed. P.jennings proposed to reinstate testing, seconded c.horsnall. For 38 against 0. After a lengthy discussion, it was agreed that random drug testing would now take place, members would need to sign a discalimer, £10 would be added to the membership to help cover the cost of this.

A. Armstrong said that she thought the 28 day rule for membership & registration applies to all, and not just the new ones, and if that was the case when was it changed? It was agreed that the 28 day rule from 2008 applies to all.

J.Meades asked if anything had been done about the letter he sent in march, he was told that it had.

M.Warren said that he did not agree with workers getting expenses, no other comments were made on this subject.

Meeting closed...3.20, proposed C.Cornish, seconded D.Bailey.

graham

DENISE BAILEY said:
I have been lead to believe today anything that was voted on at the AGM , will not stand as  last year was not a proposal year ...these matters can be re-proposed and voted on this years , as proposals only take place every 2 years ... Has anyone got whippet news at hand of the AGM and what was voted for ..i can not remember , its that old age thing again

As for the producing of 5 / 3 years generation to prove how much % of greyhound blood is been used is pathetic

All people need to do it say they have lined a greyhound bitch with a different stud dog ... IE Graham could of quite easily said he had lined his greyhound to tinkerman ...who in none ped racing would of been any the wiser apart from graham & Gary and then no one would have said a thing about it (sorry lads for using you both again as an example)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no problem dee im used to it. :thumbsup:

Drug testing got voted out at the A.G.M. Nov 5th at Old Hall.[it is in jan 2007 whippet news]

My mistake , i didn't think it was voted on i knew it was brought up but then Malcolm brought defra up and was going to hold meeting through out the country about it

If there is as much confusion as there seems to be about what might or might not have been changed from the AGM, I'm just wondering how any sub section ( if thats the right word) of the BWRA can have it's own AGM if the results of the National AGM are in question?

Doesn't seem possible to do this without some written clarification.

chris

DENISE BAILEY said:
27 Voting on proposals for changes to rules is allowed each year and should be by Postal Vote. Proposals are to be put in writing to the secretary to be received 7 days before the last committee meeting prior to the AGM. After the committee meeting each member will be sent a numbered voting paper with the proposals on it and space by each one for him/her to record his/her vote. This should then be returned to the National Secretary who may make random checks. The voting forms are sent out via the Regional Secretaries to distribute. The onus is on each member to ensure that any change of address has been advised to their club and Regional secretaries. Minimum voting age limit is 16 years.
Nothing about proposals only been every 2 years , i know it was brought in that the top table to stand there postions for 2 years & and new proposals  brought in to be held for 2 years to see if workable

Rule 28 The Association has the right to require a test on any whippet at any of it’s events to determine the presence of substances deemed by the Association’s Testing Lab to affect its performance. In the event of such a test proving POSITIVE, the owner and whippet shall be dealt with by the National Committee. Refusal to comply with such a test will result in disqualification from the event and will then be dealt with by the National Committee. Any member may require the said test to be made on any whippet. In the event of the test proving NEGATIVE the member making the request will be liable for the full cost of the test.

How could some one request a test if theres no drug testing program in place

How can rules be in black and white in our rule book if they cannot be fulfilled

And no this is nothing personal to wards any committee member or member of the BWRA , just all the questions been asked on here get more confusing ....

Has anyone got a copy of the newest rule book or Constitution at hand

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

correct dee and can some one tell ME WHY THE PROPOSAL TO STOP DRUG TESTING WASNT DONE PROPERLY AND JUST PUT ON AT 2006 AGM PLEASE AND NO ONE WAS GIVEN ANY NOTICE OFF THIS?AND WHEN A UNAIMOUS VOTE WAS TAKEN TO REINSTATE IN 2007 IS NOW OVERTURNED VERY DEMACRATIC I THINK SO WHOS MAKING ALL THE DECISIONS ITS CERTAINLY NOT THE MEMBERS :- " MAYB ILL SEND THE BWRA A SOLICITORS LETTER THEN I MIGHT GET A POSTAL VOTE :angry:

weathergirls said:
I was at the reps meeting as BWRA North West secretary  the meeting had been called as the exutive committee ha d received a letter from  Mr.Bellwoods solicitor appealing against the decision taken against Mr. Bellwood  at the AGM  as this had been a disiplinary action and he had done nothing within the BWRA organisation to be disiplined for the outcome of this meeting was to put it out to a postal vote                 _______________________________________-

the issue of drug testing was raised by the chairman saying he wanted to see a solicitor before the drug testing programme was re-instated I don't recall it going to a postal vote

The venue for the pupy champs was raised by the secretary  but it was agreed by the meeting we had recently had an AGM  where as allways venues are decide along with other things what was the point of expecting members to take the time and trouble to come to to an AGM

A rep raised the issue of scratch dogs and the amount of greyhound in the breeding the chairman said he would like to see when registering a pup members would have to give 5 generation of its breeding this way they could track the amount of greyhound in the breeding

IIRC there was no proposal in 2007 to drop drug testing by the BWRA written and handed in by reps in line with the 28 day rule. It was reported in the Jan 2007 WN that this was discussed at the AGM and a vote taken. What I am sure of is that there was no postal vote on drug testing.

The point of holding an AGM and allowing proposals from the floor is not that a vote is taken at the AGM by handful of people and that proposal become part of the constitution but that those proposals can go out to a postal vote.

When kickboards were banned by this method it was overturned at an EGM and it was pointed out at this time that voting in of proposals at the AGM itself was unconstitutional.

The vote taken at the AGM should only be for whether the proposal goes to a postal vote or not

Whether the Chairman wants to see 5 generations pedigrees for BWRA registerd dogs is immaterial. ( perhaps he should join the WRCA or the KC ) as it's not his call. It's for the members to decide what dogs are allowed to join the organisation and it's not for the chairman to impose his opinions on the rest of the membership either by drafting spurious rules regarding pedigrees or backdoor methods like intoducing whippet traps at bend meets.

DENISE BAILEY said:
Right or wrong ?
then surly the proposal off the floor to ban Mr & Mrs Bellwood from the BWRA does not stand either, so the postal vote form wont be needed 
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO the vote to ban the Bellwoods does not mean that the committee has a mandate to ban them but rather that the proposal should be put to the full membership by a postal vote.

I know that's not what the chairman intended at the time.

If there was one job I wouldn't like it would be the chairman of the BWRA.......especially at the time of the AGM, and probably at the meeting on the 17th Dec. I can fully understand why the meeting turned into a fiasco, with various other intentions other than BWRA business fuelling matters, and now ensuing confusion reigns.

I imagine the second meeting was as highly charged as the AGM, for a variety of reasons. Lets not forget that there is a BWRA committee, as there was at the AGM, yet many people remain, and remained silent. I feel as aggrieved as most people do, but I would like to see this concluded with some semblance of sensibility.

chris

SEEMS THERE ARE NO RULES THEY JUST MADE UP TO SIUT WHO THEY WANT OR WHAT THEY WANT :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
DENISE BAILEY said:
I know that but according to the rules there was no proposals 2007 so there should of been no proposal allowed never mind any kind of vote
That applys for all issues we voted on at the AGM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which rules are these exactly? Can't find them in my BWRA rule book.

I don't recall any rule for proposals being only every two years. There was IIRC a vote passed that top table officials would be allowed to stand for a minimium of two years and that any proposal voted in would be allowed to stand for two years, in both cases to give them time to see if they worked properly.

It seems that the BWRA committee were oblivious to this rule at the 2007 AGM and the December reps meeting

DENISE BAILEY said:
rule 27 & 28 BWRA web site ... i haven't looked in my membership book as its in the van
cheers  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This rule 27 ?????

27 Voting on proposals for changes to rules is allowed each year and should be by Postal Vote.

It's just the bit where it says "each year" in rule 27 that's confusing me as it's seems at odds with having proposals every 2 years.

Maybe hard to follow the rules as we dont have NEW books as often as we have NEW rule changes. :- " and do all new ammendments get put into books???? ok the printers costs would be too much. :)

Disagree printing black and white costs nothing now...i print all the insides of the new fed books for this year .... it does not cost anything to type new rules into a web site... and as it has been pointed out to me in bwra web site , things cannot be change unless the forum management is informed , according to rules , rules can only be change every year or two anyway ..i would think if anything needs altering it should be done every year in our rule book, other wise whats the point in have a rule book or Constitution at all

Like i say is lack of communication

dee

how the BWRA should and used to be

the association shall be governed by ( this is what should be the BWRA NATIONAL COMMITTEE)

PRESIDENT , CHAIRMAN, CECRETARY. TREASURER, REGISTRAR, VICE PRESIDENT FROM EACH REGION AND TWO REPS FROM EACH REGION these have one vote each at a national committee meeting and WHIPPET NEWS (who was part of this committee from when the BWRA was formed but has been squeezed out by the last executive committee ) is allowed a vote at the discretion of this group

the executive committee who are not allowed to be on regional committee are

PRESIDENT,CHAIRMAN,SECRETARY.TREASURER,REGISTRAR

THERE USED TO BE REGULAR NATIONAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR e.g there was a meeting 28 days before an AGM where the reps would put forward anything raised at the regional meetings this contributed to the agenda for the AGM along with proposals and nominations for the election of officials

these meetings havn't happened for a few years now even though reps have requested them

IT WAS ALLWAYS THE DUTY OF THE REGIONAL REPS TO RELAY ANY INFORMATION BACK TO THE MEMBERS IN THEIR REGIONS HOWEVER IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THE REPS HAVE BEEN IGNORED BY THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

I am not aiming that comment at the existing executive committee they have come in when the BWRA was practically on its knees BUT they do need to take time to refresh themselves with the rules and get back to communicating with reps and members

The BWRA is a members run organisation the members tell us the reps what they want we take it back to the National committee and if it is workable and the majority of the membership are in favour it should be put into practice

As far as I am aware the executive committee term of office is 2 years new propsals put into practice are given 2 years new proposals each year if not there is no need for an AGM (annual general meeting) there only need be a Bi annual general meeting (every 2 years) all other information can be passed to the reps at the committee meetings

(Quote)As far as I am aware the executive committee term of office is 2 years new propsals put into practice are given 2 years new proposals each year if not there is no need for an AGM (annual general meeting) there only need be a Bi annual general meeting (every 2 years) all other information can be passed to the reps at the committee meetings(unquote)

If it is the first time of service as a committee person then that service will be for two years, there after the initial two years the said committee person must be voted on or off each year and not every two years.

The two years was put in place to allow the new committee person to get to grips with his or her job only and not being the length of normal service as a committee person. Once the initial two years have been served all committee persons are up for re-election each year.

After reading everybodys posts,my thoughts are that a.we should still have drug testing in practise and that we shouldn't have needed to attempt to vote it back in at the AGM,and b. If the rules are to be stuck to then like Dee says everything that was voted in at the AGM should NOT stand as there should not have been any proposals this :oops: sorry last year.What a complete waste of time :( I did think the turn out for the AGM was low,will now assume this was because it wasn't a proposals year.

Still believe there is a need for an annual AGM,even if proposals are only every 2 years.This may only be to discuss the years financial workings,and to officially give an annual financial report,and if people wish to attend they then can :thumbsup:

Please tell me if i have got this wrong

You have to submit proposals 28 days before the committees last meeting prior to agm.

All you can ever do at agm is debate the proposals because they must go to postal vote.

The committee work for the members and cannot make unilateral decisions with out members approval obtained by postal vote.

Any proposal accepted by members re postal ballot runs for two years before amendments can be made. however new proposals can be put forward each year providing it is a NEW.

Can someone please tell me how members can put forward proposals and nominations at the correct time when we are not informed of when committee meetings are taking place.

Graham

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back