The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Italian Greyhound Wanted

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
corinne.emsley said:
Lucadion said:
Hi all, my 1st post  (a long one too :) )I'm looking for an IG as a companion for my IG boy, Luca.

Luca is a chocolate brown and 7 years old. He was involved in a road accident, about a year ago, when he dashed over half a mile of a field when he saw another dog he wanted to make friends with  :)

Unfortunately, there was a road before he reached the other dog and was hit by a white van  :eek:

The upshot of this is that he's lost the use of his front left leg because of nerve damage. I've been doing physio on him for the last year hoping he would regain some feeling, but this hasn't worked. Now it's time for his leg to come off  :x

Since the accident he's aged considerably, so I'd like an IG puppy to make him feel young again and to keep each other company :D

I have 2 options:

1. To buy a puppy (from where I don't know)

2. To stud Luca- he has a very good pedigree. His father is Turigner High Tide and mother is Carigra Cammeo. Grandparents are Tamoretta Tidalwave of Turigner, Turigner Forget Me Not, Kereenagh Ariodante of Cenere & Seawards Spick ‘n’ Span.

I would prefer the 2nd option as I'd love one his sons as Luca has a very loving temperament  ;)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated  :)

Dion.

hi i have a friend who is about to have some italian greyhound puppies real soon if you are interested if you wish to speak to the breeder i would be more than willing to pass on her number to you regards corinne :D

WOW ! :eek: simple as that eh ? there was me thinking it was like mixing with the "KNIGHTS TEMPLAR" :- " best wishes to your friend and the her litter of "puppy dawgs" :thumbsup:

j :- " hn

:luck: Good Luck to Luca :huggles: I hope you get a friend for him very soon :luck:

Lucadion said:
Hi all, my 1st post  (a long one too :) )I'm looking for an IG as a companion for my IG boy, Luca.

Luca is a chocolate brown and 7 years old. He was involved in a road accident, about a year ago, when he dashed over half a mile of a field when he saw another dog he wanted to make friends with  :)

Unfortunately, there was a road before he reached the other dog and was hit by a white van  :eek:

The upshot of this is that he's lost the use of his front left leg because of nerve damage. I've been doing physio on him for the last year hoping he would regain some feeling, but this hasn't worked. Now it's time for his leg to come off  :x

Since the accident he's aged considerably, so I'd like an IG puppy to make him feel young again and to keep each other company :D

I have 2 options:

1. To buy a puppy (from where I don't know)

2. To stud Luca- he has a very good pedigree. His father is Turigner High Tide and mother is Carigra Cammeo. Grandparents are Tamoretta Tidalwave of Turigner, Turigner Forget Me Not, Kereenagh Ariodante of Cenere & Seawards Spick �n� Span.

I would prefer the 2nd option as I'd love one his sons as Luca has a very loving temperament  ;)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated  :)

Dion.

hi, deepest sympathy and warm thoughts for your boys health, I am a new breeder of italian greyhounds and our first babies are due in july, if yu areinterested in one as a soul mate to yours please just contact me and i will send you my number and we can hope fully enrichen your twos lives. regards amanda

Lucadion said:
Here's some pictures of my little devil  :- " Sorry about the quality, I had to photo some photo's  :(

Luca1.jpg

Luca2.jpg

Luca3.jpg

The first 2 pictures are of him when he was around 1 year old.

The last picture was when he was around 3 years old.

hi, its amanda again, just had a thought and if you really were wanting a baby off your boy then i may be able to arrange something with you as and when he is all better, as i am sure he will do great especially with loving tender care from his family. warmest regards amanda

hi, its amanda again, just had a thought and if you really were wanting a baby off your boy then i may be able to arrange something with you as and when he is all better, as i am sure he will do great especially with loving tender care from his family. warmest regards amanda

Hi Amanda

How very thoughtful of you.

I'm sure your help & warm wishes will be appreciated.

Welcome to K9, why dont you tell us more about yourself & your litter that is due.

What breeding are they?

Do you have any advice to give on the breed as i'm sure many would be interested.

Look forward to hearing from you. :thumbsup:

Have deleted some posts as I can see a fight coming.

May i ask why my post was deleted as i certainly said nothing detrimental or rude in any way ?

I only asked a question & quoted an advert from Epupz :blink:

For the reason stated above.

From the rules:

Users may not argue a Moderators or Administrators decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a Moderator must first address the Moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the Moderator and user must send their positions to an Administrator. The Administrators decision will be final.

Last edited by a moderator:
nina said:

Hi Amanda

Welcome to K9, why dont you tell us more about yourself & your litter that is due.

What breeding are they?

Do you have any advice to give on the breed as i'm sure many would be interested.

hi, thank you for the welcome, as i have said i am a new breeder and own a blue and white Cumblin boy and two Salspa decendant girls who are blue fawn, one is now in pup due in july. I am nervous but totally thrilled and in awe of these graceful beauties,. All of ours are under 15 inches the male being 13.5 all finished growing, so am chuffed. Anyone with constructive positive advise are welcome but please not the derogatory words that i have been warned to expect. thank you very much regards amanda, I am not on here to cause trouble and am not in it for the money just wish to enlighten people to the breed as many wrongly think they are baby whippets and are amazed and dumbstruck when i explain about them. amanda :))

so how much will you be charging for the pups?do you show or just breed?how old are the parents?will the pups be kc reg?how many years have you been in iggys?(ive got a niece who is after a bitch pup,preferably a blue) :thumbsup:

kris said:
so how much will you be charging for the pups?do you show or just breed?how old are the parents?will the pups be kc reg?how many years have you been in iggys?(ive got a niece who is after a bitch pup,preferably a blue) :thumbsup:

as this thread has slipped down the list onto page 2, perhaps amanda hasnt seen Kris' question??????

sammie said:
nina said:

Hi Amanda

What breeding are they?

hi, thank you for the welcome, as i have said i am a new breeder and own a blue and white Cumblin boy and two Salspa decendant girls who are blue fawn, one is now in pup due in july. I am nervous but totally thrilled and in awe of these graceful beauties,. All of ours are under 15 inches the male being 13.5 all finished growing, so am chuffed. Anyone with constructive positive advise are welcome but please not the derogatory words that i have been warned to expect. thank you very much regards amanda, I am not on here to cause trouble and am not in it for the money just wish to enlighten people to the breed as many wrongly think they are baby whippets and are amazed and dumbstruck when i explain about them. amanda :))

Hi Amanda......I had a lady ask me at a show recently about Ig's,she was interested in showing,she had the breed years ago and would like another one.I don't think color is important but obviously the puppy would need to be KC reg and the lady in question does live over here in Northern Ireland,so would have to travel over to get the puppy. Can you let me know how much your puppies are please so that I can pass this info onto her...I had no idea about price as I have Whippets and not Ig's and I had heard that the price of Iggies can vary greatly.

05whippet said:
sammie said:
nina said:

Hi Amanda

What breeding are they?

Hi Amanda......I had a lady ask me at a show recently about Ig's,she was interested in showing,she had the breed years ago and would like another one.I don't think color is important but obviously the puppy would need to be KC reg and the lady in question does live over here in Northern Ireland,so would have to travel over to get the puppy. Can you let me know how much your puppies are please so that I can pass this info onto her...I had no idea about price as I have Whippets and not Ig's and I had heard that the price of Iggies can vary greatly.

hi, i am very sorry but i wont put them in price as yet due to the fact that they arent born and do not wish to tag them until i have conformation of their quality, i hope you understand, if you let me have a contact number then when they are born i can give the person concerned all relevent details and send pics etc, thank you so much for your interest, amanda

Kurwenal said:
kris said:

as this thread has slipped down the list onto page 2, perhaps amanda hasnt seen Kris' question??????

hi, sorry didnt get back in touch sooner just that i am awaiting a spinal op and some days are worse than others, I havent got a price for the pups until i see their quality, i have had a friend who breeds iggies and have had contact with them for quite some time, however this will be my first litter. I believe in research and soul searching prior to jumping into anything and this is why i have not done so before. These are my first iggies as now is a time they get 110% attention. Yes the pups will be kc reg, and also blocked unless by mutual agreement to the contrary. If you wish further information closer to the birth in july please just ask or let me have a contact number for your niece so i can speak to her personally, thank you amanda :)

sammie said:
05whippet said:
sammie said:
nina said:

Hi Amanda

What breeding are they?

hi, i am very sorry but i wont put them in price as yet due to the fact that they arent born and do not wish to tag them until i have conformation of their quality, i hope you understand, if you let me have a contact number then when they are born i can give the person concerned all relevent details and send pics etc, thank you so much for your interest, amanda

Hi again Amanda.....that is fine I do understand,but maybe you can just tell me a few things please...sorry for being so particular! :b when are the pups due? And are you waiting for your friend to give them the "once over" on the quality dept as this is your first litter? And if so can you just tell me how long she is in the breed and what she has done..ie how successful she has been in the ring etc?? Maybe you could PM me the ped??

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooo, some pics would be nice :thumbsup: especially of your mum-to-be, a pregnant iggie, how lovely :huggles:

sammie said:
Kurwenal said:
kris said:

hi, sorry didnt get back in touch sooner just that i am awaiting a spinal op and some days are worse than others, I havent got a price for the pups until i see their quality, i have had a friend who breeds iggies and have had contact with them for quite some time, however this will be my first litter. I believe in research and soul searching prior to jumping into anything and this is why i have not done so before. These are my first iggies as now is a time they get 110% attention. Yes the pups will be kc reg, and also blocked unless by mutual agreement to the contrary. If you wish further information closer to the birth in july please just ask or let me have a contact number for your niece so i can speak to her personally, thank you amanda :)

hi thats ok hun shes not in any hurry she will wait for the right quality pup. :thumbsup: she asked me to ask for details for her as she knows ive been in the dog game for a long time so i know what questions to ask re breeding, parents etc.if im not happy with the first stages of enquiries then it wont be taken any further as she trusts my judgement.what age will the pups be assessed?i presume for show/pet quality.what age will we be able to view the pups and have any been booked as wed like to have a choice rather than told this is the only pup available?have the parents been shown and if so with what success?are the parents/grandparents and the bloodline healthy and free from any hereditary defects?what age is the mother of the pups,i presume its her first litter if its yours?if your friend is assessing the pups what experience does she have?is she a championship show judge and is she on the club judging list?many thanks for your help. :)

Can I just remind you that whilst just telling people about your litter is fine - they can inquire privately if they want to- but litters must not be advertised on this board. Thanks :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back