The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Italian Greyhound Wanted

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Luca having a stretch :)

P1000378.jpg

And looking cute :- "

P1000379.jpg

Aww he looks well luxed out on that rug. He looks a little darling.

Good luck with finding him a companion. :)

Hi, I dont normally come on this forum as im not an iggie owner , but really enjoyed looking at your lovely pics :wub: :thumbsup:

Best of luck in your search , im sure things will work out :luck: and good luck for your lads OP :huggles: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dion, welcome to K9 :thumbsup: Luca is sooo handsome :wub: :wub: Good luck with his op :luck: & I really hope you find that special little friend for him really really soon :huggles:

Sorry, not been on for a while as I've been on holiday 8)

paddysmum said:
hi, am going to pm you something :thumbsup:   :p
Unfortunately, it's gone :(

whippynit said:
Hi, I dont normally come on this forum as im not an iggie owner , but really enjoyed looking at your lovely pics :wub:   :thumbsup:
Best of luck in your search , im sure things will work out :luck:   and good luck for your lads OP :huggles:   :huggles:

Thanks very much, whippynit :D

NAOMI said:
Hi Dion, welcome to K9  :thumbsup:   Luca is sooo handsome  :wub:   :wub:   Good luck with his op  :luck:   & I really hope you find that special little friend for him really really soon  :huggles:
Thank you too, Naomi. I'm sure it won't be long until I find him a friend :huggles:

What a plight, good luck!! Little Luca deserves a friend.

If you are looking for advice or an older dog speak to Shirley at the Italian Greyhound rescue. http://www.italiangreyhoundrescuecharity.org.uk/

I wanted an Iggy and she was very helpful. I went for a Whippet in the end due to the fragility of Iggies, my father babysits during the day and he felt he couldn't take on the responsibility of an Italian Greyhound. Izzy the Whippet is more robust for him.

:( what about something else small and fun, a chihuahua maybe? it wouldn't be able to over power or over whelm your lovely boy :huggles:

Luca is a beauty.

How soon is he to have the op? I'm sure you are aware to give him some time to recover before introducing a new playmate to him. ;)

He will do great once the leg is off, he's already well used to getting around on three and I'm sure he feels the useless one just gets in his way! I have a three legged whippet x. She came to me with a broken leg, but it never mended. She now out runs most of the other dogs in the park and her fav thing to do is have a bit of rough play with my JRT.

Good luck in your search. :luck:

Ann Glews said:
What a plight, good luck!!  Little Luca deserves a friend. 
If you are looking for advice or an older dog speak to Shirley at the Italian Greyhound rescue.  http://www.italiangreyhoundrescuecharity.org.uk/

I wanted an Iggy and she was very helpful.  I went for a Whippet in the end due to the fragility of Iggies, my father babysits during the day and he felt he couldn't take on the responsibility of an Italian Greyhound.  Izzy the Whippet is more robust for him.

I've tried contacting Shirley at IG rescue but my emails are being returned by the mailer daemon :(

I'll give her a ring :))

doris said:
:( what about something else small and fun, a chihuahua maybe?  it wouldn't be able to over power or over whelm your lovely boy :huggles:
I am thinking along those very same lines at the moment, but don't particularly like Chihuahuas. I'd want a dog that would :huggles: with Luca in his sleeping bag :lol:

I've looked at various terriers, including Border, Yorkshire & English toy but I wouldn't know if a terrier would want to get that close to a clingy IG :D

I've also been looking at whippets too, but it'd have to be a small one :thumbsup:

Evie said:
Luca is a beauty.
How soon is he to have the op? I'm sure you are aware to give him some time to recover before introducing a new playmate to him.  ;)

He will do great once the leg is off, he's already well used to getting around on three and I'm sure he feels the useless one just gets in his way!  I have a three legged whippet x.  She came to me with a broken leg, but it never mended.  She now out runs most of the other dogs in the park and her fav thing to do is have a bit of rough play with my JRT.

Good luck in your search.  :luck:

He's going in for the op shortly. The vet's aware that his leg is coming off but is waiting for me to give him the go ahead. I'm worried about the anaesthetic & if Luca might react to not physically having a leg anymore, as he still cleans it :(

I'm also worried that if I don't have it done soon, it might put too much weight & pressure on his other front leg :(

Gosh I am sorry you're going through such a sad time with Luca - it must be a hard decision - sending you healing thoughts for him :huggles:

My iggies live with whippets and they do get on very well. I have one whippet that constantly uses her snuggy (sleeping bag) but she won't let the iggies get in with her! But they do cuddle one of my older whippets. Don't give up looking for an iggy but a whippet might be the answer as all the whippet puppies I've had LOVE to cuddle up to the other dogs.

Once again Good Luck - I hope soumething works out for you both soon :luck:

zilloot said:
Gosh I am sorry you're going through such a sad time with Luca - it must be a hard decision - sending you healing thoughts for him :huggles:
My iggies live with whippets and they do get on very well.  I have one whippet that constantly uses her snuggy (sleeping bag) but she won't let the iggies get in with her!  But they do cuddle one of my older whippets.  Don't give up looking for an iggy but a whippet might be the answer as all the whippet puppies I've had LOVE to cuddle up to the other dogs.

Once again Good Luck - I hope soumething works out for you both soon :luck:

Thanks, Zilloot :)

It's definitely going to be an IG or a small whippet :) I keep telling Luca he's getting a new friend and I'm sure he's getting excited :lol:

I'm going to vets next week to arrange the amputation. I'm 100% sure that Luca will be much better off without his useless leg ;)

Thanks to you all for your kind words and support. I will put some pictures up of Luca, post operation :)

If anyone has/sees an IG or small whippet for sale/re-homing, can you please let me know ;)

all the members on here will be rooting for the brave boy! sending lots of pre op hugs and cuddles :luck: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

:luck: :huggles:

Luca's leg operation is provisionally booked for Tuesday 1st May :( :sweating:

I'm getting a pre-anaesthetic blood test done too, just to make sure he's up for it :D

I've bought him lots of chews to keep his mind off the operation :lol: (w00t)

Click here for Luca video 8)

:wub: :) Luca is gorgeous :* :wub:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: for his operation

Lucadion said:
Luca's leg operation is provisionally booked for Tuesday 1st May  :(     :sweating:
I'm getting a pre-anaesthetic blood test done too, just to make sure he's up for it  :D

I've bought him lots of chews to keep his mind off the operation  :lol:   (w00t)

Click here for Luca video  8)

Thanks for posting ther video :wub:

Wishing you and Luca the very best of luck for Tuesday :luck: We'll all be thinking of you both :huggles:

Lucadion said:
Hi all, my 1st post  (a long one too :) )I'm looking for an IG as a companion for my IG boy, Luca.

Luca is a chocolate brown and 7 years old. He was involved in a road accident, about a year ago, when he dashed over half a mile of a field when he saw another dog he wanted to make friends with  :)

Unfortunately, there was a road before he reached the other dog and was hit by a white van  :eek:

The upshot of this is that he's lost the use of his front left leg because of nerve damage. I've been doing physio on him for the last year hoping he would regain some feeling, but this hasn't worked. Now it's time for his leg to come off  :x

Since the accident he's aged considerably, so I'd like an IG puppy to make him feel young again and to keep each other company :D

I have 2 options:

1. To buy a puppy (from where I don't know)

2. To stud Luca- he has a very good pedigree. His father is Turigner High Tide and mother is Carigra Cammeo. Grandparents are Tamoretta Tidalwave of Turigner, Turigner Forget Me Not, Kereenagh Ariodante of Cenere & Seawards Spick ‘n’ Span.

I would prefer the 2nd option as I'd love one his sons as Luca has a very loving temperament  ;)

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated  :)

Dion.

hi i have a friend who is about to have some italian greyhound puppies real soon if you are interested if you wish to speak to the breeder i would be more than willing to pass on her number to you regards corinne :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back