The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I've Got A Bone To Pick With You Lot!

Tancho

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So, why did nobody warn me what I was letting myself in for? I can imagine everyone on this site sniggering behind their hand when a 'newbie' says they are getting a whippet puppy :- " I posted pictures of Luna when I first got her, everyone said how cute she was, no warnings of what was to come though was there!! No one told me that whippets can 'talk', or about their attitude and answering back when scolded :angry: And how come she doesnt seem to grow for weeks and then overnight her legs are 3 inches longer? And where does all that food go? (when of course she decides that the best chicken, beef and vegetables I put in front of her is 'good enough') I am used to seeing nice fat puppies after their dinner, not Luna though, oh no, she still looks bloody skinny. I am sure she stores the food in her chest like some deformed hampster :eek: And you can forget chocolate drops, Luna will do anything for an ice-cube (makes things difficult when out for a walk, your pocket gets rather damp!) which she delights in crunching up in the middle of the living room, leaving puddles of a different sort than usual (and thats another story!) My poor lurcher looks at me with hang-dog eyes, begging me to remove this whirlwind that I have brought into her life :(

If I can get her to stand still long enough I will get some new pictures up, if you look close into her eyes you can see that she is possesed by the devil (w00t)

She is cute though :wub:

:lol: :lol: :lol: We've got one of those, I think he has been fed on rocket fuel all weekend the way he is zooming round the garden and office today!

yep iv one to, charile is now 11 months and today tipped potpori (cant spell it, the smelly stuff!) all over the floor and then ripped up the pretty basket it was in. he then said it was the cat who did it o:) honest mummy :lol:

You think you have trouble now.... just wait until you get the next one :lol: :lol: :lol: :- " :D

Yes, welcome to the devil whippet club! :devil:

This is Muffin's latest destruction - a J-cloth and sponge from the bathroom. Little green bits all over the bedroom floor but no whippet in sight :- " so he can always blame the cat! Have to say though that this is very mild for him! o:)

ds_muffin_029.jpg

gilliwigs said:
Yes, welcome to the devil whippet club! :devil:
This is Muffin's latest destruction - a J-cloth and sponge from the bathroom.  Little green bits all over the bedroom floor but no whippet in sight  :- "  so he can always blame the cat!  Have to say though that this is very mild for him! o:)

This is much more Muffin's style and still no whippet in sight! (w00t)

ds_Muffin__170_.jpg

As you have named her Luna , I would suggest she is more controled by the moon (w00t) . Im sure you will find she is worse during a full moon and a new moon :- " :lol:

But hey , who wants a `good `whippet :oops: :huggles:

Tancho said:
So, why did nobody warn me what I was letting myself in for? I can imagine everyone on this site sniggering behind their hand when a 'newbie' says they are getting a whippet puppy  :- "  I posted pictures of Luna when I first got her, everyone said how cute she was, no warnings of what was to come though was there!! No one told me that whippets can 'talk', or about their attitude and answering back when scolded :angry: And how come she doesnt seem to grow for weeks and then overnight her legs are 3 inches longer? And where does all that food go? (when of course she decides that the best chicken, beef and vegetables I put in front of her is 'good enough') I am used to seeing nice fat puppies after their dinner, not Luna though, oh no, she still looks bloody skinny. I am sure she stores the food in her chest like some deformed hampster :eek: And you can forget chocolate drops, Luna will do anything for an ice-cube (makes things difficult when out for a walk, your pocket gets rather damp!) which she delights in crunching up in the middle of the living room, leaving puddles of a different sort than usual (and thats another story!) My poor lurcher looks at me with hang-dog eyes, begging me to remove this whirlwind that I have brought into her life :( If I can get her to stand still long enough I will get some new pictures up, if you look close into her eyes you can see that she is possesed by the devil (w00t)

She is cute though  :wub:

But you didn't ask :- " and she is very cute so we didn't lie to you and who are we to take all your fun away (w00t) :lol:

What can be a better toy than a slipper :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is my whippet Wookie in his early days :D :D :D

Vukis_zaidzia.jpg

Hilarious post :D

Nelly has so far destroyed 3 mobile phones and every remote control in the house (w00t) not to mention any unattended glove or footwear (be that slipper or heavy outdoor boot). Funny thing is, we normally find these mangled goods in the greyhounds bed :- "

The answering back thing doesnt stop either. Although im now in charge most of the time, theres still times when I know she'd stick 2 fingers up to me if she could. lol.

Enjoy your little monster, she sounds divine :)

WHIPPETS RULE!!

X

Last edited by a moderator:
(w00t) (w00t) OH what fun it is to own a whippet or 2 or 3 or evan 5 :eek: :unsure:

LOL (w00t) pmsl (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

i know exactly what you mean lol

my 8 week old lurcher is at most 3/8 whippet. guess which 3/8 i got? the growing in spurts, shredding, stubborn, doing the wall of death at warp speed maniac bits. i cant imagine what a whole one will do.... :- "

chillitt said:
doing the wall of death at warp speed
Ah yes, the wall of death! (w00t) Is that the same wall of death which involves charging round the room at breakneck speed trying not to touch the floor? Settee to settee to chair and then start all over again. :lol: I know it well! :- " (w00t)

oh no, shes no allowed on the furniture, just the walls!! (w00t)

oh, its not just whippies :rant: :rant: my young stafford has a toilet roll fetish...

any chance he gets, even a milli-second, SHRED! little git then pulls down my folded laundry from the side to try and hide the scraps :rant: :rant:

i'm just grateful he hasnt realised that ripping clothes etc is even more fun and lasts longer :sweating:

Aah! I remember it well :D Those halcyon days filled with innocent puppy mischief (w00t) My youngest is nearly 3 now & I'm so looking forward to my next puppy! (w00t) :- " :wacko: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
staffy? yep got one of them too.... anyonr know where to get cheap covers for the sofa?

fight_1.JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back