The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Judge The Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Considering that we are coming up with such a different placing, I wonder what sort of criteria are you using. These are mine;

· shoulder at 60degrees to the ground

· arch starting where the last rib connects to spine

· height approximately 9/10 of the body length for male, with bitch little bit longer

These are measurable qualities, others are little bit more difficult to describe, and therefore open to interpretation. I just wonder how many people agree or disagree with the 3 above points. :unsure:

:) Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
1.....E... Nice lenght. I forgive the topline for overall balance.

2.....B...Better topline as 1st. But lacks shape in chest & shoulders.

3.....C...Very nice. On anyother day could be the winner.

4....A

5....C

6....F

Now, this is getting interesting.

Some of the dogs look remarkably better this time.

last would be 2 - not quite as "Italian" in stance as before, but still over-refined

5th would be number 1 in this case. Which is a pity, because she is a lovely shape, but her straight pasterns just disturbs the picture for me.

4th would be 4, which now looks rather too refined and with a clumsy head and a tendency towards weak pasterns (could be down to the pose).

3rd would be 5. Still a bit too much of everything, but looks more balanced and elegant in this shot.

2nd would be number 6 - this time his back looks flat, but his proportions are still very nice.

1st would be number 3 - provided she is not far too big (it might look as if she is). I don't think I placed her highly the first time around, but she looks more mature and rounded here.

:D I think this has been very interesting............

the dogs are as follows

A = 2

B = 5

C = 4

D = 1

E = 6

F = 3

B is a Champion and D + E are sired by him. Dam of D + E is F A + C are no relation to each other or the others.

Wow, this has been a great exercise, Millie! Sure there are more people than I who had more than one surprise now that you have revealed who's who. Very educational, I really appreciate the job you've done.

:thumbsup: Realy enjoyed doing that Millie, Anymore excersises for us.

Dont think i will ever make a judge! Not that i want to be one, much to complicated for me. :blink:

Well I feel quite chuffed. I got my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd the same both times. Those seminars must have stuck to the brain cell! :lol:

Well i liked F and 3 (the one that looks like a greyhound! (w00t) ) Will i ever get greys out of my blood????? :- "

I hope Millie does not mind, but I needed to see them side by side.

Where are these silhouettes reproduced from?

Jill said:
Where are these silhouettes reproduced from?
From my own pictures Jill.

Look out for another one coming soon........... hopefully with movement siluetes as well. :thumbsup:

That was good fun. Thanks Millie. Looking at Seraphina's post, It was interesting to see how the same dogs looked so different in the 2 different pictures. Its a good thing I'm not a judge :lol:

Been away and missed this, good post Millie, what about fronts from the front. I thought it was great that there were so many different answers, Whippets can change shape from class to class let alone 'on the day' (w00t)

Angus said:
Morgan said:
malin said:
:oops: Sorry: would somebody be kind enough to try to say that in other words? I don't understand the term :b . Don't forget I am French, I am blonde, I am a woman... I have all excuses (w00t) :lol: ;) :b

Morgan it means an east west front . :cheers:

Morgan said:
:cheers: Thank you very much Angus :thumbsup: , I understood this :lol: .... I am just wondering how some can see that from a profile silhouette :blink: ??? But maybe it's just me... :wacko:

For those who thought this dog was toeing-out (or east west, whatever you want to call it!!) .......... here's a photo of him. You can't see all of his feet but I think you can see enough!! Do you still think his front is not right??

View attachment 16519

dessie said:
Angus said:
Morgan said:
malin said:
:oops: Sorry: would somebody be kind enough to try to say that in other words? I don't understand the term :b . Don't forget I am French, I am blonde, I am a woman... I have all excuses (w00t) :lol: ;) :b

Morgan said:
:cheers: Thank you very much Angus :thumbsup: , I understood this :lol: .... I am just wondering how some can see that from a profile silhouette :blink: ??? But maybe it's just me... :wacko:

For those who thought this dog was toeing-out (or east west, whatever you want to call it!!) .......... here's a photo of him. You can't see all of his feet but I think you can see enough!! Do you still think his front is not right??

But you cant see his feet (w00t) ithey are hidden in the grass :blink: :cheers:

JAX said:
dessie said:
Angus said:
Morgan said:
malin said:

Morgan said:

But you cant see his feet (w00t) ithey are hidden in the grass :blink: :cheers:

now i'm really confused :wacko:

JAX said:
But you cant see his feet  (w00t)   ithey are hidden in the grass  :blink:   :cheers:
If you can't see enough of his feet to see that he has a straight front I would suggest you need glasses!!!

dessie said:
JAX said:
But you cant see his feet   (w00t)   ithey are hidden in the grass  :blink:   :cheers:
If you can't see enough of his feet to see that he has a straight front I would suggest you need glasses!!!

What ave you ritten , oops canr find me glassess :oops: :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back