The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Just Friends Attacked

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
OK this is my english bull terrier MOLLY as you can see she is the most loving animal you could have shes always out with Bobby and out with my whippets Stella and Boo...But when we take her out she is ALWAYS kept on the lead just to make sure!! Not everyone with so called BIG dogs are idiots and wanna give the hard attitude....!!

Sadie x

:( So sorry about your dog being attacked like this. I do hope he makes a full recovery :huggles: :luck:

The whippet I owned 'Chip' before the two whippets I have now was attacked badly in the year 2000 just before we moved house, by a Staffy Cross. He had 18 stitches and a punctured lung and puncture wounds all over. I was traumatised for a long time over this. It took him a long time to recover and he lived another 4 years but I never felt he was quite the same dog. :(

I was afraid of any staffy, staffyX .. or anything that looked remotely like one, but I have learned something over these years. Its never hardly ever the dogs fault - only owners who dont know the breed or how to handle them. The dog in question that attacked mine was a resuce - been dumped somehwhere basically - so no background history.

I wish owners would think twice before they take on a breed like this, and learn more about them. I totally agree the breed attracts the wrong type of owners sometimes.

I am happy to say that another male of this breed lives in our village and gets on well with my two, so its helped me build up a trust with them (or some of them again) :) At least he has a good owner too, who has him totaly 'In control'

Last edited by a moderator:
When it all comes down to it, its not the dogs fault , its the idiot who lets it run round without a leader on.

Sorry to change the subject, but how is Just Friends now? Hope he is on the mend

i was talking to andy last week and the dog will be ready for derby with a bit of luck.

I've removed near to 90 posts that i fealt were unsuitable to Andrew and his original topic. Anyone wanting to carry the bickering on further please pm each other rather than hijacking someone's thread.

Fingers crossed for little Zac that he'll be back as good as new very soon and not bothered by the attack.

hear hear all the best andrew and zac i am sure the pocketman will get him firing on all cylinders again all the best mate

good luck with zak for the future andy :luck: im sure he will be back to his best soon :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back