The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Downtime

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Pasting from p/bucket doesn't work
It's probably that their dns isn't updated - it may take a few days for that sort of service catch up with K9's new server location.

the set up looks like the whippet forum now :unsure: :ermm:

but your doing a grand job Mr Booker

Last edited:
Does it mean we will have use photobucket instead of uploading photos directly to k9?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it mean we will have use photobucket instead of uploading photos directly to k9?
No, you should be able to upload photos just as before. I will change the way that works so that everyone has a set amount of space to upload photos. Let me know if you have any problems uploading photos.

It's running a lot quicker now :thumbsup:

The only problem im having is it keeps

making me sign in again, every time i

want to do something.

I don't know if this is a temporary thing, but all our photos are being downsized. It's making them look very poor quality, and really spoils the enjoyment of viewing people's photos. I'm loathe to complain (honestly...I really appreciate the time you spend on K9 and its maintenance), but do we need to alter some settings on photobucket to make the photos smaller again?

I don't know if this is a temporary thing, but all our photos are being downsized. It's making them look very poor quality, and really spoils the enjoyment of viewing people's photos. I'm loathe to complain (honestly...I really appreciate the time you spend on K9 and its maintenance), but do we need to alter some settings on photobucket to make the photos smaller again?
Certainly I don't see it as complaining - if you don't tell me I'll probably never know...

There is a new default setting on this later software version that reduces the size of 3rd party images (such as on Photobucket) if they are wide enough to break the page formatting on K9. I've increased the size to try & reach a happy medium between the default image being big enough but reducing the risk of breaking the page formatting. The option to show the image full size now works - just click the top of the image & it will be shown in a new window full size.

Let me know if that's ok.

Hi Nigel

the pics on Lampy's new thread are taking forever to download ...... could this this because of the K9 upgrade?

Other pictures on other threads are loading normally :thumbsup:

Certainly I don't see it as complaining - if you don't tell me I'll probably never know...

There is a new default setting on this later software version that reduces the size of 3rd party images (such as on Photobucket) if they are wide enough to break the page formatting on K9. I've increased the size to try & reach a happy medium between the default image being big enough but reducing the risk of breaking the page formatting. The option to show the image full size now works - just click the top of the image & it will be shown in a new window full size.

Let me know if that's ok.

I think it's working OK again now, as my photos no longer say they are being re-sized. I saw there was an option to click on the black band at the top to view the full size picture, but to be honest I don't want to have to do that....it's nice to view the photos in a series, uninterrupted by having to click in and out of each one. Sorry to be a fuss pot about this issue, but K9 is lots of things to lots of people (thank you :thumbsup: ), but for me the main pleasure is posting and viewing photos. To no longer be able to do that properly really disturbed me (more than I care to admit :b )

Im having to sign in every time i reply now :blink:

Do you have to log in each time you post or is it just that after you log in you only stayed logged in for a period of time after which you have to log in again? Likewise for ~Sally~ & affieluver.

Do you have to log in each time you post or is it just that after you log in you only stayed logged in for a period of time after which you have to log in again? Likewise for ~Sally~ & affieluver.
it just keeps randomly logging me out, i've tried to reply to this twice already and it logged me out both times as i posted it :wacko: so i jus keep logging myself back in. i'm havin problems with my net though, dont know if this could be affecting it?

OK. I've logged a support ticket with the software developers & we'll see what happens.

It may be linked in with the fact that the server/site location has changed and the dns servers around the world are updating there links to the server. It's difficult to explain the details but for a little while you may swap between the old route & new route to the server - that may reset your cookies & hence you have to log in again.

We've made a small change to how the cookies are saved (which would have resulted in everyone having to log in again) so lets give it 24 hours and see if anyone has any problems after that.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back