Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kickboards

Should Kickboards Be Banned

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yeh well i am glad we are having a postal vote, then all of us can abide by the result ey ;) ??? :b

As I have said somewhere on here before whippet racing by its very nature holds the risk of injuries to the dogs. In my opinion the problem with this issue is that most thought that the fed would take the same decision but as we know they did not. So with more people leaving the sport than are joining a split has been created. Some have said that if the ban remains they will not race with the bwra and those who want them banned are unhappy with the whole E.G.M thing. Things like this are important to the sport so I think that all the racing groups should agree a standard for racing with regards track equipment and the use of outside aids with track equipment of course this should be done with the consultation of the members.

i just hope that those who signed the petition &went to the EGM have wasted their time &money like those people who went to the AGM.

As ive said already in my opinion if the postal vote had not been taken away I think kickboards would have got banned anyway. So why was it removed we should all have our right to our vote without having to attend after all we can vote for our goverment by post. But if we are going to look at ways we can stop dogs getting hurt we should look at the run off. Are sand pits safe I have seen dogs getting hurt in them. What about the size of the run off should we have a minimum distance after the finish line. I say this because I ran a dog once that could not stop in time and had to jump a fence luckly the dog did not get hurt but it could have and for the record the dog was 26lb. There are a lot of things we can look at but if we do the members should have their say by post.

Simple if you dont want them do not use them, i lost a good bitch on the first bend, so what next ban bends?... she had a brocken neck every one knows the hazards involved in racing .

why after all this time do certain people want them banned? as for the reason i care too much for my dogs i think is rubish,,, i love my dogs like most people do, lets take a closer look at the knock off ive never seen any injuries with dogs coming out of traps.... a lame dog still goes all the way up and unless its a serious injury you dont usually know till next day, so can someone please prove to me how boards cause them.so why do most of the people who voted a ban still use them, i know that it puts your dogs at a disadvantage but if people are so worried about injuring their dogs why are they still using them? ???

very much doubt they would break their neck without a kickboard. i say ban kickboards &ban blinkers on the owners who want to keep them.
I REALLY THINK NO BODY KNOWS FOR SURE THAT THE DOG IN QUESTION BROKE HER NECK ...I FOR ONE KNOW THAT A DOG OUT THE SAME LITTER HAS HAD TO STOP RACING DUE TO HAVING A ENLARGED HEART...

AS FAR AS THE EGM I THINK THE ONE GOOD THING THAT CAME OUT OF IT ALL IS THAT EVERY MEMBER IN THE COUNTRY HAS THEIR SAY NOW...AS FAR AS THE AGM I DONT THINK THAT ANYBODY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THE BANNING OF KICKBOARDS..

AS IT IS STATED IN EVERYBODYS BWRA RULE BOOK THAT THE USE OF FRONT AND KICK BOARDS CAN BE USED BY THE OWNERS OF THERE DOGS IF WISHED...I DONT HAVE MY RULE BOOK HERE TO STATE NUMBER BUT IF YOU ALL LOOK ITS THERE ...SO CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN HOW COME THEY EVEN WENT TO A VOTE WITHOUT THE BWRA CHANGING THE RULING IN THE BOOK FIRST ...I KNOW WHY BECAUSE AN AGM IS ONLY FOR PROPOSALS AND NOT VOTING ON ISUES THERE AND THEN...SO THAT POSTAL VOTING CAN THEN BE FORWARDED AND A TRUE READING GIVEN

I THINK POSTAL VOTING IS FAIR AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CHANGED

SINCE I,V BEEN IN THE SPORT THAY HAVE ALWAY'S USED KICK BOARDS AND I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY , UNTIL IT WAS POINTED OUT HOW FAST THAY COME OUT THE BOXES COMPEARED TO WITH OUT.

BUT SINCE THE BAN I HAVE NOTICE THE SAME DOGS ARE STILL WINNING WITH OUT KICK BOARDS

SO WHY USE THEM, YOU DONT SEE ON ANY WILD LIFE PROGRAMES ,FOUR LEGGED ANIMALS WITH THERE BACK TWO LEG HALF WAY UP A TREE TRYING TO GET AWAY FASTER TO GET ITS PRAY.

BUT TO SAY YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO USE THEM OR NOT. IS NOT A FAIR POINT BECAUSE WE ALL WONT TO WIN. SO I THINK JOHN N IS RIGHT BAN THEM ACROSS THE BOARD ONCE AND FOR ALL.

SO WE ALL HAVE THE SAME CHANCE AT EVERY MEETING BWRA NWRF IRG.

Sorry Mark I fail to see the comparison between a wild animal and a racing whippet. True I have never seen a wild animal with its hind legs stuck up a tree to get away faster to catch its prey ;) ;) ;)

But I have never seen a wild animal come out of a trap to catch its prey either :D :D :D

I AM ON ABOUT IT NATURAL STARTING POSTION ALL FOR FEET FLAT ON THE

GROUND. IT WOULD BE FUNNY THOUGH TO SEE A LION COME OUT OF A TRAP.

MAYBE AGOOD NAME FOR A DOG(LION TRAP) ;)

as for gary baileys remarks with reguard to the incident with his own bitch that was not due to any man made object and was a genuine accident to try and draw a comparision is ridiculous and as in F 1 motor racing they even change the rules to try and make it a safer sport and the ones driving the cars are supposed to be inteligent humans that are competing.

Ooooooh it's interesting that the vote has now changed over to the banning :) This will be a close one!

I agree with Mark, J Noble & Steve in what they are saying.

Yes i agree that now postal voting back that its going to be very close ..but how many of you on here have a couple of ids so it means you can vote more than once mmmmmm i didnt think there was 36 of use that posted replys in here?????

Human sprint runner use a started as so they dont pull hamstrings,,also wild animals dont run out of traps...

As i said steve nobody knew what the whippet in menstion die from, the only reason a broken neck was menstioned was when gary said to john it reminded him of how smurfette looked after her accident..

How many whippets ,greyhounds, race horses and other compeating animals die each year while preforming mmmmm ,

Thats the risk we take everytime we compeat with animals in a sport..

As far as F 1 motor racing drivers know there risks too, dont we all when we get behind the wheel of a car, its like putting a loaded gun in somebodys hand...

TO BE QUITE HONEST WITH YOU ALL I HAVE RACE ALOT OF YEARS AND ALWAYS ENJOYED THE SPORT..BUT ITS GETTING TO THE POINT THAT GARY AND I ABOUT TO PACK IT ALL IN AND MAYBE GO INTO COURSING GREYHOUNDS..

There to much hassel over who says what and who is using what ect i really can not be bothered anymore with it...

As far as the AGM and the EGM they should have never happened ,you all pay your memberships each year so you all have the right to your vote its not up to the few who went to these meeting ,or the few of us on here to decided for the rest of the country... :angry:

as for gary baileys remarks with reguard to the incident with his own bitch that was not due to any man made object
so now greyhound tracks are not man made should we all think they were here bofore man?

the dog in question deffinately did break its neck {vets diognosis}this would not have happened without a springboard. afew year back at scotland dog had serious back inj ury due to using springboard.[dog came out of trap went about 10 yds & collapsed] its time people opened their eyes to the fact {SPRINGBOARDS CAUSE INJURIES . SOME FATAL & SOME LIFE THREATENING] PLEASE TAKE THOSE BLINKERS OFF.& BAN THEM BEFORE ANOTHER DOG GETS KILLED.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE :angry: WE NEED EITHER A FULL BAN BY ALL ORGANISATIONS, OR NOT AT ALL, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO KILL WHIPPET RACING OR KILL ONE OF THE ORGANISATIONS, ??? I THOUGHT ONCE WE GOT A POSTAL VOTE YOU WOULD ALL STOP FALLING OUT ;) HOW WRONG CAN YOU GET :b IF ALL BAN THEN WE CAN GET ON WITH WHIPPET RACING, WHICH IS WHAT WE ALL LOVE AINT IT :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant undestand peoples reluctance to ban springboards . i havnt been racing long but it makes sense to me to ban them .iwant to minimise the chanses of fatal injury or any other injury to my dogs

As for people posting under different user names, well thats just daft coz they're only kidding themselves.

I can think off the top of my head 10 people who are registered non-ped members on this site who only look on, perhaps they voted?? Anyway we'll soon find out for real, then we can get on with racing our dogs - with or without kickboards!

As for killing the sport/organisations it's the people who are threatening to not run with x organisation or not run with the other that are doing that.

Everyone has their views on this topic some i totally disagree with, but i won't hold it against people for having a different opinion than myself like some do (as me & michelle well know), hey this topic has made for good traffic on k9 anyway & i'd like to think a few people have registered to post on it!

Last edited by a moderator:
One last thing, i bet the pedi racers who view this board are p&$$!ng themselves laughing at what a comotion the whole kickboard saga has caused :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back