Kickboards

Should Kickboards Be Banned

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WELL I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU SMURF.. I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE USE BOARDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALWAYS USED THEM, YES THEY DO GET THE DOGS OUT QUICKER MOST OF THE TIME BUT I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF DOGS FALL FLAT ON THEIR FACES TOO WHEN COMING OUT THE TRAPS.. WE RACED WITHOUT BOARDS YEARS AGO AND THERE WERE SOME FAST TRAPPERS THEM DAYS, I THINK I KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE COMPLANING, THERE ARE A LOT OF VETERANS OUT THERE WHO HAVE SPENT THEIR RACING CAREERS COMING OF KICKBOARDS, TO RACE THEM NOW WITHOUT A BOARD IN DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT, OR THE OWNERS FEEL IT IS NOT RIGHT.. SO MAYBE LOOKING AT EXCEPTIONS IE. VETS.. COULD BE DISCUSSED AT LENGTH. THIS IS ONLY MY FEELINGS ON THE MATTER SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENCE, I AINT GOT NO VETS TO RUN THEY ALL TOO OLD :D BLESS EM

PETE here, dogs will trap just as fast with a board as without a board, it will take them a while to get used to trapping without but they will get used to it, i still prefer to race my dogs with a kickboard because there is less chance of causing injuries to tendens and muscles, the dogs do not have to overstretch when coming out the traps, we have raced dogs with and without boards it should be up to the individual wether they use them or not. this is my view on the subject. Pete.

I had this conversation with someone before & to say its up to the individual is a bit daft because you might as well just give your race entry money to the people who are in your race with the board! Imagine running off against the likes of hellbound off scratch - you without a board & him with you'd just be giving the race away!

Anyway what will be will be & i just hope people dont give up racing because of it, because the sport's aleady on it's way out.

???HAVING JUST READ SOME OF THE POSTS TO SAY A DOG GETS INJURED USEING A BOARD IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, PEOPLE WHO HAVE"nt BEEN IN THE SPORT TWO MINUETS ARE TRYING TO TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY DOGS. I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 30 YEARS [1973] I HAVE HAD CLUB DOGS AND OPEN CLASS DOGS ALL HAVE RAN OF A BOARD, THE CLUB DOGS RARELY GOT INJURED WHY BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY WHERE NOT FAST ENOUGH, THE OPEN CLASS DOGS ARE ALLWAYS INJURED WHY BECAUSE THEY ARE A LOT FASTER NOW THAN THEY WHERE 15/20 YEAR AGO, E.G. COMPARE DASHER WITH THE LIKES OF BRANCA DASHERS TIMES FOR 150yds APPROX 9.30 BRANCA 8.60 THATS ABOUT 11yds DIFFERENCE, IF YOU HAD A 32lb DOG WHEN I FIRST STARTED AND IT COULD BREAK 9 SECONDS FOR 150yds YOU HAD A VERY GOOD DOG ON YOUR HANDS,KICKBOARDS ARE NOT TO BLAME FOR DOGS GOING LAME ,WE ARE TO BLAME FOR BREEDING THEM FASTER, NOT UPGRADING THE RUN-IN ON A LOT OF TRACKS, THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ON THE SUBJECT SO BEFORE YOU VOTE JUST THINK WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE BAN STAYS, THE STRAIGHT CHAMP WILL BE A DISASTER ,A LOT OF GOOD DOGS WILL NOT RUN IF BOARDS ARE BANNED YET IF THE BAN IS LIFTED ALL THE GOOD DOGS WILL RUN .( STRANGE THAT ) :p :p :p I HAVE NOT HEARD ONE PERSON SAY THEY WILL NOT RUN THERE DOG IF THE BAN IS LIFTED :angry: :angry:

well said john your spot on why should we be told how we run our dogs some people keep saying the fed should ban boards too why the hell should they ......i have had enough now lett the postal vote decide and what will be will be then its up to us all to come together again and make our sport great again ;)

DAFT OR NOT IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL WETHER THEY RUN WITH A KICKBOARD OR NOT, WHY CHANGE THINGS NOW JUST BECAUSE SOME MEMBERS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN RACING FOR A LONG TIME THINKS SO. BRING BACK BOARDS ;)

i agree with gary, let the vote decide . it doesnt bother me whichever way it goes. but i would like to finnish by saying would the dog who broke its neck at stocton have sustained the same injury if it hadnt had a board to shove off.[i dont think so]

Do you mean that at stockton club they were using kickboards John, i heard this terrible incident happen'd due to the poor dogs muzzle gettin caught in the front board, if this is not correct then i have been misinformed......

i still have not had my form deliverd yet, has everybody else?

I thought they were going in the post today, to be sent tomorrow.

:D OUR FORMS WERE DELIVERED THIS MORNING, SO IF EVERY ONE SIGNS AND SENDS THEM BACK, WE SHOULD KNOW IN TIME FOR THE BEND CHAMPS...... :D

The result will be announced at the bend champs for those of you who havent got your form!

There will be an independant count at the championships, no one can complain then ey :D

The result will be announced at the bend championships after an independant check ....they got twisted again michelle ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got your message jasper, no one will know wether kickboards can be used at the bend champs untill the day of the championships, so it looks like you will have to pack your board in the car and wait and see....... ???

mine has'nt been taken out of my car since last season :D

left mine at askern once.......got half way home, realised and turned back!!!!!!!!

obviously not seen tonys DIY skills.......excellent dentist, crap ramp maker lol!!!!!!

only a few days and it will all be sorted.......YIPPEE!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back