The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Knebworth Gamefair

Shadow-Hunter

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
kebworthhouse.jpg

What a Lovely setting for a game fair despirit the bad weather we enjoyed the day

classwinners.jpg

all the show class winners competing for best in show

winers.jpg

Winner of Best in Show

proud.jpg

BeauBeau so proud of her Willow winning puppy class under six months and reserve best in show pup

youngmeber.jpg

A very young member doing his frist show :thumbsup:

IMG_0832.jpg

Dave sliping his BIG dog Honey to qualifier her for the final :thumbsup:

And well done to Fendogs with her three dogs , Milly taking a 3rd and Flyns race was exciting with him just getting beat at the post, allso BeauBeaus Meg taking a 2nd and Sunshines Honey taking a 3rd in Sighthounds show class .

Well done to all the show organisers "Lurcher World" , All the winners and everyone else for braving the weather on Saturday and taking part :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics Ian :thumbsup: looks freezing :lol: Well done to Tom (lovely man) :thumbsup: did he get reserve champion? :) Karen

I attended on the Saturday with it being the cooler of the 2 day event... OK it was bloody freezing !!!
cold.gif
But a fun day all the same :thumbsup: Although I have to admit to retreating to my car for cups of hot chocolate !!

Some fantastic looking dogs and the racing was as exciting as ever :thumbsup: My dogs raced and showed for the very first time ( Puppy Classes) and had a great day !!

Thanks for posting pics, shadow-hunter :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next ( and some sun !! 8) )

Tracey x

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures 'Shadow Hunter' :thumbsup:

I went on the saturday and thought i was bloody freezing, but an enjoyable day.

Well done 'Lurcher World' for a great day :cheers:

very good mate. and well dont tracey im sure youre well chuffed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting Ian.

Had a fantastic day, was really proud of Honey who ran her little heart out in chase the bunny, and just got beaten in the final by 2 big lurchers. :wub:

She also did well in the ring, although her first time, it didnt seem to phase her.

Ruby and Kruger also came along for the day and they were both as good as gold.

Good job you didnt get photos of me trying to jump over the speed jumping bails to try and make Honey follow me :sweating: :lol: (w00t)

Congrats to all winners on the day. Especially BeauBeau with little Willow and Fendog and also can't forget my OH who ran Rhys and Tess in the lure coursing, first time lure coursing for Rhys did us proud. :thumbsup:

Great pics Shadowhunter, it was ffrrreeezzing tho! :lol:

i went to this show and it was a f***ing joke, the lurcher judges dont have a clue what there going on about, you had people before the show haveing big conversations there all friends and they take turns in judgeing and picking there dogs as the show winners, and they were shit and probably never seen a rabbit in there life, but this is the best 1 there was a judge and she had dogs for just 3 years i see her judge 1 show and picked a labrador x staff i wudnt say it had 1/4 greyhound innit and she give it a first prize

im gonna do a write up in the countrymans weekly about it two because if thats how the shows are i gotta warn the non friends of the judges that its a waste of petrol going up there they could have a good dog and a f***ing 3/4 labrador beats it cause of some poxy f***ing judges!

:rant:

[SIZE=14pt]bigland strikes a cutting blow......[/SIZE]

better watch who i speak to next saturday then before the show starts. :unsure:

bigland said:
i went to this show and it was a f***ing joke, the lurcher judges dont have a clue what there going on about, you had people before the show haveing big conversations there all friends and they take turns in judgeing and picking there dogs as the show winners, and they were shit and probably never seen a rabbit in there life, but this is the best 1 there was a judge and she had dogs for just 3 years i see her judge 1 show and picked a labrador x staff i wudnt say it had 1/4 greyhound innit and she give it a first prize
im gonna do a write up in the countrymans weekly about it two because if thats how the shows are i gotta warn the non friends of the judges that its a waste of petrol going up there they could have a good dog and a f***ing 3/4 labrador beats it cause of some poxy f***ing judges!

Show winners at Knebworth were John Hoyland with Taff and Tom Smith with Jade. Which dog is the 3/4 Labrador?

Show winners at Knebworth were John Hoyland with Taff and Tom Smith with Jade. Which dog is the 3/4 Labrador?

The two winning dogs are out standing just look at the pics, and my we camera does not do them much justice , would love to see your dog bigland if you think it would beat these!!!

:angry: I hope you are not referring to the working lurcher class, because i judged that and the dog that won it was a whippetxgreyhound, 16 months old and in excellent condition. :) on the Sunday.

What dog did you have in the ring then.?

Diane.

mrs d said:
bigland said:

well i see a the under 23" smooth coated dog and it was the gier that won that there were 3 dogs in it and the best looking dog come 3rd and he is half brother to toms jade and why did he come 3rd cause your all f***ing mates, tell me this why is there people showing dogs with lurcher f***ing world jumpers on in a lurcher world show?

gabbitas31 said:
:angry: I hope you are not referring to the working lurcher class, because i judged that and the dog that won it was a whippetxgreyhound, 16 months old and in excellent condition. :) on the Sunday.What dog did you have in the ring then.?

Diane.

im referring to who ever judged the smooth coated under 23" there were only 3 dogs in it and i had the half brother to toms bitch jade the dog that won was about 20lb over weight and dont even bother tell me that hes a working dog in that weight and why did he win cause your all mates!!!!!

tell me this why was there people in lurcherworld jumpers on in a lurcherworld show ring then and i was there sunday (working lurcher and its 20lb over weight in march please) and you call your self lurcher men :lol: :lol:

bigland said:
gabbitas31 said:
:angry: I hope you are not referring to the working lurcher class, because i judged that and the dog that won it was a whippetxgreyhound, 16 months old and in excellent condition. :) on the Sunday.What dog did you have in the ring then.?

Diane.

im referring to who ever judged the smooth coated under 23" there were only 3 dogs in it and i had the half brother to toms bitch jade the dog that won was about 20lb over weight and dont even bother tell me that hes a working dog in that weight and why did he win cause your all mates!!!!!

tell me this why was there people in lurcherworld jumpers on in a lurcherworld show ring then and i was there sunday (working lurcher and its 20lb over weight in march please) and you call your self lurcher men :lol: :lol:

What do you mean about the 20lb over weight lurcher in March???

gabbitas31 said:
bigland said:
gabbitas31 said:

Diane.

What do you mean about the 20lb over weight lurcher in March???

I traveled up from Cornwall with my partner for this show, and when i was asked to judge the working lurcher class, i didn't mind at all, my partner didn't put his lurcher Magpie in that class, just because i was judging it. I know the people at Lurcher world and some have become our friends, but this would not influence me in any way, as to what dog i choose in the ring.

I hope this as sorted things. :thumbsup: Diane

well i wasnt there , but the pics ive seen so far seem a nice bunch of lurchers? at the end of the day we pay for 1 persons opinion on the day, we can either agree or disagree? someone will win others will lose, no point spitting the dummy out coz it dont go our way? christ id have given up showing long ago if i reacted so badly when i didnt win? what does it matter if you win ? if your dog does the job you have it for then whats a rosette????!!! :wacko:

rosettes dont feed the family , working dogs do :thumbsup:

posh totty said:
well i wasnt there , but the pics ive seen so far seem a nice bunch of lurchers? at the end of the day we pay for 1 persons opinion on the day, we can either agree or disagree? someone will win others will lose, no point spitting the dummy out coz it dont go our way? christ id have given up showing long ago if i reacted so badly when i didnt win? what does it matter if you win ? if your dog does the job you have it for then whats a rosette????!!!  :wacko:
rosettes dont feed the family , working dogs do  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well said, and my sentiments exactly. :) Diane.

for what its worth here folks lurcher and terrier shows are "beauty shows" ! its up to the judge on the day who he choses. if theres a working class he matches the dog to the criteria of what the dog was designed to hunt. which ever matches most wins the red rosette. how simple is that.

can i just state now..at SELBY next week or CORNWALL, in august if anyone doesnt like my choice of dogs dont come on k9 mouthing..come and have a word...im sure id like to discuss my decision with you.

cripes tanya..hope i never go to yours for my dinner..fuk knows what youd serve !! (w00t)

can i not just have a plate of rosettes on toast please :unsure:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back