The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Laguna Whippets

pm paul cork on here im sure he will be able to help :thumbsup:

How about from the lady herself, Lilah Bond-Gunning, (now Wainman)? There are some real Laguna whippets still out there, believe it or not ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kim- while they quite a bit of Laguna in them, they not are 'Laguna whippets' because they do not have the Laguna affix, and probably not quite enough Laguna blood

mine have laguna in them, g grandfather was (laguna lizas link) .

is there a web site or a addreess? or is it somthing she would rather not give out?

scotty

trish and graham said:
We are related then ;) Would that be Phoebe? Gelert is her Great Uncle.

Paul Cork uses Laguna Lightspeed quite a lot, so rather more genuine Laguna blood in some of his than most.

Best way of making contact with Lilah is probably to just turn up at a Hillsprint. She went to the last Harerunner meet too.

moriarte said:
trish and graham said:
We are related then ;) Would that be Phoebe? Gelert is her Great Uncle.

Paul Cork uses Laguna Lightspeed quite a lot, so rather more genuine Laguna blood in some of his than most.

Best way of making contact with Lilah is probably to just turn up at a Hillsprint. She went to the last Harerunner meet too.

phoebe and millie have the same parents but from different litters.so yes they are related.

just ben reading gelerts home page and found it very interesting :thumbsup:

trish and graham said:
phoebe and millie have the same parents but from different litters.so yes they are related.just ben reading gelerts home page and found it very interesting :thumbsup:

Actually Millie has a look of GGrandad about her. Her grandmother isn't Gelert's litter sister Dill by any chance?

Link's grandpups have done exceptionally well; Rob and Kay's Flo is a racing halfcoat, and another 2 youngsters (Draperslock Whizzalong and Blowalong) have stolen the show at BSFA meetings over the summer June results

moriarte said:
trish and graham said:
phoebe and millie have the same parents but from different litters.so yes they are related.just ben reading gelerts home page and found it very interesting :thumbsup:

Actually Millie has a look of GGrandad about her. Her grandmother isn't Gelert's litter sister Dill by any chance?

Link's grandpups have done exceptionally well; Rob and Kay's Flo is a racing halfcoat, and another 2 youngsters (Draperslock Whizzalong and Blowalong) have stolen the show at BSFA meetings over the summer June results

their mother is ebony pearl,and grandmother is midnight dill.

trish and graham said:
their mother is ebony pearl,and grandmother is midnight dill.
Their grandfather is Barbara's Bean then? (Fleetway Ebony Edition)

Three generations

8.jpg

dill2.jpg

dilldaughter2.jpg

9.jpg

Draperslock leapalong, owned by Lilah, another Link grandaughter (sorry, can't work out what sort of cousin she is to phoebe and millie :wacko: ). Link's progeny seem quite variable in type - some are quite powerful and stocky; others taller and leggier like Gelert :blink: I think they are all on the keen and 'characterful' :- " side though

Laguna_lizas_linkandfloyde.jpg

linkandgelert.jpg

Always good to hear of Link's relations and compare photos. Gelert must be one of his taller offspring, but certainly takes after his Father on the lure coursing field! :thumbsup:

Our Flo, (Go With The Flow)- Bluestreak Lanfranco Of Sufeina x Midnight Dill (Link's daughter), is a good bend dog and has won a few Finals, but alas not at the WCRA Champs - so sadly not a half coat Elizabeth (how I wish!!) :lol:

Spoke to Lilah just over a week ago, - she does not have any litters at present, but has brought her two dogs from her last litter over to run some trials with us a couple of times recently, along with Link, who at 9yrs. old is still very up for it!

robandkay said:
Our Flois a good bend dog and has won a few Finals, but alas not at the WCRA Champs - so sadly not a half coat Elizabeth (how I wish!!)  :lol:
:oops: my informant was wrong :oops: Hope to see you at Westonbirt (touch wood).

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back