The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Leave Me Alone!!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
beaubeau said:
Thanks very much for all your replies and advice. 

Jaspa was neutered  last Thursday and has become a much better mannered dog.

He has stopped pestering Meg and everyone is Chilled.

Have posted pics in dog discussion....

Tracey X

pleased things have settled down for you and especially meg,good luck to you all :thumbsup:

unwanted said:
Wot u expect mixing dogs and bitches together
Very constructive advice there George :blink: :angry:

I have one dog and 3 bitches he doesn't go round trying to hump them all the time so just because you have a mixed sex household doesn't mean this will happen :thumbsup:

Beaubeau has done a wonderful thing in taking this boy on, when someone else did not want him :angry: well done :thumbsup:

Good luck with them :luck: :luck: :luck:

well i think u should keep one or the other keepin dogs with bitches causes a lot of unwanted pups as u hear mistake mating,if there one sex u av not got that chance

unwanted said:
Wot u expect mixing dogs and bitches together
Hello 'unwanted'

I foster entire male dogs regularly and have never had such pestering as Jaspa.

He lived with the travelers in their caravan together with mixed sexes and appeared to be quite chilled about it.

I guess Meg was an exception and we dealt with the problem the best way we know how, along with the sound and encouraging advice on here.

I'm sorry that you were not able to contribute positively but we all have our opinions I suppose.

Meg, Jaspa and the household are now happy and feel that he will be here for a very long time :)

Be happy and enjoy your Sunday.

Tracey x

unwanted said:
well i think u should keep one or the other keepin dogs with bitches causes a lot of unwanted pups as u hear mistake mating,if there one sex u av not got that chance

Well we've had 4 seasons here and no unplanned litters as yet, I think most people with both sexes are aware of what could happen, and its not rocket science to avoid but if it did I am sure they would home the puppies to loving homes as they would with a planned litter.

When someone takes in a dog to a better place they should be applauded not treated like they have done something wrong :angry:

it was a problem i was just stateing wot i thought but ye again some one jump on the wagon :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note of caution. He may start his problem behaviour again shortly because it takes a while for the male hormones to fully dissipate. For example I had a dog castrated which duly mated a bitch a few weeks after his op. However once all the hormones were caput he was a happy eunuch as I am sure your lad will be.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back