The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Leisure Lakes

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
get some gear banged in the back and get it fenced before they change there mind :thumbsup:

We are negotiating the price Chris as we have to hire the feild ...think it will be about £30 a caravan
Bargain considering on the campsite it's £12 per night with no hook up, £15 with.

All whippet racers to be on the same field.
this was why my ?on weekend rate such as me most prob drive over sat morning stay sat night and drive back sunday night then at 12 pound a night on main site would be cheaper??

Well if this comes off i for one hope that --ALL RACERS--

Behave in a sensible/responsible manner so we dont upset others and loose it--

This i think should be written in rule books---

What a pleasant change and how nice it would be to leave a venue with the owners actually wanting us back as we are a credit to our sport --

Maybe it could see the start of a club in that area? who knows

Steve

firstly I would like to thank Emma for putting us in touch with this place and Vicky and Craig for taking time out to come and view it with me and for their very generous offer to go back and forth between now and the champs to help rope track off and get it ready. We are aware that it is a little further to the North West than some would have hoped but time is against us at this moment so we hope you will bear with us on this and I'm sure once you get there you will agree it is well worth that bit of extra travelling. We have negotiated a deal with the site owner to hire the whole field in which to accomodate the track and the caravans/tents from the Wednesday until the following Wednesday you can stay as short or as long as you wish the fees payable to NNWRF will be £30 caravans £25 tents

Everything on the site is free apart from the fishing you need to purchase a day ticket, and their is a dress code of no trainers in the bar in the evening other than that they are really easy going and are looking forward to having the whippets and their owners to stay.

We have also been offered this as a permanent venue to put as many events on as we want, we hav'nt agreed on this yet, we will discuss that after the championships as to wether it was successful and acceptable to the members.

I will try and find out what B&B's are in the area for those that don't have caravans/tents

Last edited by a moderator:
i think £30 is a bargain for a week. im hoping we can go for a week got my time off booked just gerry to sort out :b

does that include hook up or not

Last edited by a moderator:
Bare in mind Chris, camping at Whitton Castle would have been £40 no matter how short the stay.

they don't mind small camp fires either as long as people don't cut the trees down so its ideal for Steve but he'll have to bring his own log (w00t)

the owner has done us a good deal on a block booking as an event considering all that is on offer but we now have to cover the cost in with the other costs of staging the champs we have tried to keep the cost down as low as possible which is £30, Ive spent treble that on phone calls let alone fuel this past week just trying to get a venue so Its really dissappointing to hear that don't anyone should be haggling over the fee

Swallownest was £25

Witton Castle would have been £40

last time at Devon was £60

site we stayed on near Worcester last year was £70

£30 is fine by us it was £25 @ worcs and we got nowt for that. is there toilets and showers on this particular field?

£30 is fine by us it was £25 @ worcs and we got nowt for that. is there toilets and showers on this particular field?
there are showers and toilets at the complex we will be putting potaloos on the field

NO ONE NEEDS TO PRE BOOK ALL WHIPPET RACERS WILL HAVE TO GO ON THE FIELD ALLOCATED WHICH WILL BE SIGNPOSTED

FIELD IS ON LEFT AS YOU DRIVE IN PAYMENT WILL BE COLLECTED ON YOUR ARRIVAL BY DENISE BAILEY

NO BOOKINGS WILL BE TAKEN THROUGH THE MAIN SITE OFFICE

the owner has done us a good deal on a block booking as an event considering all that is on offer but we now have to cover the cost in with the other costs of staging the champs we have tried to keep the cost down as low as possible which is £30, Ive spent treble that on phone calls let alone fuel this past week just trying to get a venue so Its really dissappointing to hear that don't anyone should be haggling over the fee Swallownest was £25

Witton Castle would have been £40

last time at Devon was £60

site we stayed on near Worcester last year was £70
We are both looking forward to the Champs now, place looks great, we are happy to pay£30 for a week does it come with one of them glider things in vicky,s photos could do with one on Kai. Big thanks to Vicky, Craig , Emma and you Linda.

we are happy to pay£30 for a week does it come with one of them glider things in vicky,s photos could do with one on Kai.
Hey never thought, scrap the lure kid - that's one way of getting the lure back to the traps quick :lol:

Well done to all concerned, this venue looks superb, great for everyone and more importantly for the dogs.....can't wait for the May bank holiday!!

by the way you all need to get your country and western outfits sorted for the night time :clown: Gary :zorro: Baileys allready got his

well done to everyone involved in getting this site :thumbsup: :thumbsup: £30 is a good deal for a week with all the stuff that you can do tell you what you could use one of the quad bikes to bring the lure back put wendy on it she will love that :D she wont fall over she could do something usefull :) ;) i'm looking forward to the champs

Tony

just done some mileage calculations from some of the clubs around the country to this venue

THURROCK - ------240

PORTSMOUTH - -----259

FORDINGBRIDGE ----257

KIRKCALDY - ----236

DEVON ----- -----244

EAST AYRSHIRE ---- 190

HORDEN ----------157

NEWTON AYCLIFFE - 121

BLIDWORTH - - 130

OLD HALL --------101

there will allways be some that have to travel further than others but on the whole works out fairly even

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back