The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Leisure Lakes

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Shops that i could find locally.
Co-op - 3 miles

71, Church Rd,

Tarleton,

Preston,

Lancashire PR4 6UP

Asda - 4.79 miles

Central 12 Shopping Park - Derby Road

Southport

PR9 0TY

Tesco - 4.6miles

HESKETH EXPRESS,

ALBERT ROAD,

SOUTHPORT,

MERSEYSIDE,

PR9 0LP

Sainsbury's - 4.9 miles

St .Georges Place

Lord Street

SOUTHPORT

Lancashire

PR9 0AF

Pet Megastore - These sell allsorts - groceries, pet stuff etc (oh and pond liner Jac!)

143 Southport New Road,

Tarleton,

Preston,

PR4 6HX

also there's loads of nice little farm shops, some within walking distance from the track.

There's a pub "The Legh Arms" a few hunders yards up from the entrance to the site too and nice little tea room.
are kids allowed in after 8
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for all the info,sounds like a great place,for the racing, and the family.

Pet Megastore - These sell allsorts - groceries, pet stuff etc (oh and pond liner Jac!)143 Southport New Road,

Tarleton,

Preston,

PR4 6HX
See how she works?! o:) We'll go look at pondliner, come back with dog leads, toys, treats, dog coats etc etc and the owners will think the recession's over! :clown:

Just looked at 5 days forecast, with the looks of it it's going to p*** it down today, thursday, friday & come sunny for Saturday 17°C & Sunday 20°C, we can live with that :thumbsup:

we will have a drive over satrday and sunday with the pups to watch the racing

we will have a drive over satrday and sunday with the pups to watch the racing
Good stuff!

Rita has out whippet racing on their website here
even though we carnt get the traler and camping stuff there did you realy think if we had a car we woudnt at least come to watch the racing. no good running ruby or ninny they havent had a run for weeks but the pup need to get useed to all the noies and activity or opens so they can come with us it might even tire scarlet out so it sleeps for 10 minets lol

Well Dad was all packed and ready to go at 9o'clock this morning he was like a four year old going to a party seriously how excited he got was OTT lol but i put hold to that and made him take me to college :D i wasn't walkin its terrential rain up here lol in all seriousness have a lovely time Dad xx

Good Luck too all running and hopeing for an injury free championship weekend :luck: :luck: (i hope too god Basil's toes hold up) :unsure: :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's about 20 caravans at the track already, just left as the heavens opened, definitely no water bowser needed this weekend :lol:

DOES THAT MEAN IVE GOT TO BUY SOME WELLIES AND A CANOE GOOD OLD SUNNY MANCHESTER :lol:

all the best to everyone hope you have a great time and all dogs come off sound.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND I HOPE ALL THE DOGS COME OF INJURY FREE

all the best to everyone hope you have a great time and all dogs come off sound.
Wil get those photo's of Reni 2morrow Graham.Wish i was able to go to this,2 see some great racing,if all goes well for you'se.Hope everyone over there,has an injury free weekend.

:luck: Good luck for the weekend everyone. Some dreams will be made, some hopes will be dashed but as long as they all come home safe and sound that is all the matters.

Shops that i could find locally.
Co-op - 3 miles

71, Church Rd,

Tarleton,

Preston,

Lancashire PR4 6UP

Asda - 4.79 miles

Central 12 Shopping Park - Derby Road

Southport

PR9 0TY

Tesco - 4.6miles

HESKETH EXPRESS,

ALBERT ROAD,

SOUTHPORT,

MERSEYSIDE,

PR9 0LP

Sainsbury's - 4.9 miles

St .Georges Place

Lord Street

SOUTHPORT

Lancashire

PR9 0AF

Pet Megastore - These sell allsorts - groceries, pet stuff etc (oh and pond liner Jac!)

143 Southport New Road,

Tarleton,

Preston,

PR4 6HX

also there's loads of nice little farm shops, some within walking distance from the track.

There's a pub "The Legh Arms" a few hunders yards up from the entrance to the site too and nice little tea room.

So it was you Vicky who put the post codes on. Went to Tesco with Maz only to be took to a Tesco garage :eek: . I thought it was funny but Maz turned the air blue. Lucky Asda was only round the corner. I later found Tesco while lost coming back to the track. 15mins to Asda and over a hour to get back couldn't tell anyone were i'd been but it was a lovely town centre I went through.

We went for Pizza - got address/postcode up on sat nav, when arrived it had changed to a Chinese lol but as we went to next roundabout to go and look for something else just happened to come across a Dominoes Pizza Shop - it all adds to the fun lol

:lol: ORIENTaring comp at next champs Karen :lol: I shock myself sometimes :thumbsup:

unfortunately children are NOT allowed in the bar after 8pm but there is a great play area right outside and tables / seating for us smokers, I'm sure between us all the kids can be looked after
linda i never came because i was on my own with 3 children 7 12 and 13 years old wouldent leave them outside while i was drinking inside once again not running track down

unfortunately children are NOT allowed in the bar after 8pm but there is a great play area right outside and tables / seating for us smokers, I'm sure between us all the kids can be looked after
linda i never came because i was on my own with 3 children 7 12 and 13 years old wouldent leave them outside while i was drinking inside once again not running track down
can't see a problem if kids aren't allowed in the bar after 8pm do something else instead have a BBQ or some drinks in your van or tent. i am sure everyone with kids that did go found stuff to do. My lot would have been board stupid sat in a pup when they were younger anyway

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back