The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Litters ......

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i think any breeder who wants to study breeding seriously and wants some in depth knowledge about their breed will study as much as they can and read as much as they can about their breed.it doesnt make you an anorak,youd be an idiot not to! :)

conway said:
Strike Whippets said:
I agree with you Jacs ........Puppies should only be bred if the breeder actually feels they are A) booked/wanted puppies B) will improve their lines C) if the breeder dosn't keep 1 from that litter I really would queston WHY they bred that particular litter  :thumbsup:   ......but I guess there are always exceptions to the rule .......I hate nothing more though than seeing nearly full litters advertised in papers or say Epupz (sp never go on there) etc ......Knowing that the litter of puppies were bred first and homes considered afterwards  :(

i was lucky when i bred cassie (conway lady) the 1st time, as before they were born i had more than enough excellent homes for them, and it was the same with her next mating (2 years later).

and as you know homes are sorted out already for pennys (conway celt) 1st litter and she is not being mated until the end of next year. ( and i will be having pick of the bitchs. lol)

Stop rubbing it in you, you horrid ............. Dave you. :lol:

See you Saturday. Been quiet without you.

When I first got mine I was in the mind that I would definatley have a litter from each of my girls so I could have one of each of their offspring to keep :wub: :wub:

However 2 years on and with more experience generally I don't know if I will breed any, there are a few reasons for this firstly I would worry about the girls I would hate for them to be put in danger ( I know most bitches go through it with no worries but I am afraid after reading about the ones that do), secondly I would be worried about whether Ihad picked the right new home for the puppies which brings me on to the the third would I be able to part with them in the first place???the reason I have 4 whippets is because I can't help myself :b I am partial to puppies as you know :lol: and I feel at 4 I have just the right amount for them to be comfortable and manageable and I would hate for them to fall out during pregnancy ect, so who knows next year I may feel differently but it all seems like a lot of worry to me :eek: :thumbsup:

I'm glad other people do it though :D I wouldn't have mine otherwise :huggles:

conway said:
i was lucky when i bred cassie (conway lady) the 1st time, as before they were born i had more than enough excellent homes for them, and it was  the same with her next mating (2 years later).and as you know homes are sorted out already for pennys (conway celt) 1st litter and she is not being mated until the end of next year. ( and i will be having pick of the bitchs.  lol)

I think there are a few black ones on order Dave 8) Except for yours that is :lol:

See you Saturday. Been quiet without you.

it is nice to know we have been missed :- "

i will have to make up for that on saturday :thumbsup:

Judy said:
conway said:
i was lucky when i bred cassie (conway lady) the 1st time, as before they were born i had more than enough excellent homes for them, and it was  the same with her next mating (2 years later).and as you know homes are sorted out already for pennys (conway celt) 1st litter and she is not being mated until the end of next year. ( and i will be having pick of the bitchs.  lol)

I think there are a few black ones on order Dave 8) Except for yours that is :lol:

i dont want a black one this time, blue would be nice (keep lynne quiet for a while) :- "

ive just been rooting around in my spare rooms and found an old kennel club stud book from 1976.it gives details of all champ shows,who won what under whom,the sire and dam etc etc etc.anyone want any info from it? ;)

kris said:
ive just been rooting around in my spare rooms and found an old kennel club stud book from 1976.it gives details of all champ shows,who won what under whom,the sire and dam etc etc  etc.anyone want any info from it? ;)
all breeds? or only certain ones? any staffie info? yeees, i'm nosy :b

conway said:
Judy said:
conway said:

i dont want a black one this time, blue would be nice (keep lynne quiet for a while) :- "

We know you breed VERY thoughtfully Dave :huggles: ...........BTW if you don't want a black girl, then can I have her instead ??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lalena said:
kris said:
ive just been rooting around in my spare rooms and found an old kennel club stud book from 1976.it gives details of all champ shows,who won what under whom,the sire and dam etc etc  etc.anyone want any info from it? ;)
all breeds? or only certain ones? any staffie info? yeees, i'm nosy :b

yes hun,the stud book is a record of all breeds and all championship shows plus field trials etc etc :thumbsup:

if you want info on certain lines or breeders just give me the names and ill give you the info

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back