The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Loss Of Forty Pound Class

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ask the bwra.....I'm just stating everytime a problem accurs out thee pops now naff off I'm getting my doggies ready to race unlike some ;)
I have every right to have my say on this forum :angry: the same as the other members, so I'll continue to watch and follow the post put on here that concern me, after all thats what a forum is suppose to be for. (w00t) so toddle off and train your dogs. :lol: :lol:
Ok ok I will .... But while I'm gone pleeeeeze don't put a picture of your spanials ears on like ya did on poachers rest :x :x
No need to put my tit's on here, there's enough already. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) you can't get at me that way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ask the bwra.....I'm just stating everytime a problem accurs out thee pops now naff off I'm getting my doggies ready to race unlike some ;)
I have every right to have my say on this forum :angry: the same as the other members, so I'll continue to watch and follow the post put on here that concern me, after all thats what a forum is suppose to be for. (w00t) so toddle off and train your dogs. :lol: :lol:
Ok ok I will .... But while I'm gone pleeeeeze don't put a picture of your spanials ears on like ya did on poachers rest :x :x
No need to put my tit's on here, there's enough already. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) you can't get at me that way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok droopy !

all i can add Jac is the agm is on the 16th of Jan should be a full room :) unless like the voting slip they all stay next 2 the p.c waiting for people to post on k9 what happened at the meeting (w00t)

i have to agree with what many are saying it would be much easier to of just introduced a extra 45lb class
It would and it would get my vote. But if nobody put it forward as a proposal then it won't happen.

I remember Tony's proposal for breeding scratch dogs (which come well under scrutiny here before it was put forward) thinking exact dictations in a proposal would cause hinderance to the BWRA it was put forward as suggestions. Alas because it wasn't a ''set in stone'' proposal, it wasn't accepted.

For this reason, I do feel circulating proposals publicly prior to submittance would address a lot of issues prior to them being presented to the committee and from what I've learned this needs to be very specific and detailed as in dates for commencement, specific weights etc.

Sooo what I'm going to do for the next year proposals are being taken is propose that potential proposals are circulated publicly online prior to submittance.

I'm also going to propose online secure voting. - I discussed it on here last year and it seemed popular. I presumed the BWRA would just take it on board and didn't realise it had to be specifically put through as a proposal but it might address the issue with voting forms. This is not to finish postal voting but to work with it to get as large a response as feasible.

I do have some sympathy for the BWRA, they operate specifically how their members dictate which makes matters a little long winded and very hard work but they can always have the defence that the majority of members voted for it.

The NNWRF have the beauty of looking at opinions in general, debates like this and outcomes of BWRA rulings and are able to get together wangle it out and come up with solutions. If whatevers put forward is met with mass ill feeling, immediate ammendments can be made through a simple committee meeting.

hey mum dont you try going back to the old days ... you got an up and coming 40lber lol this WILL affect YOU hahahaha x
Haha you could be rigt there Sade haven't neeed to vote on the big lads/lasses before things may change, i'll be in for some stick then won't i :wacko: :wacko:
as long as he stays under 55lb Karen :sweating: lol

i have to agree with what many are saying it would be much easier to of just introduced a extra 45lb class
It would and it would get my vote. But if nobody put it forward as a proposal then it won't happen.

Agree

I do have some sympathy for the BWRA, they operate specifically how their members dictate which makes matters a little long winded and very hard work but they can always have the defence that the majority of members voted for it.

The NNWRF have the beauty of looking at opinions in general, debates like this and outcomes of BWRA rulings and are able to get together wangle it out and come up with solutions. If whatevers put forward is met with mass ill feeling, immediate ammendments can be made through a simple committee meeting.
To be honest Jackie Ive been saying for a few years now that the BWRA com should have more power to over turn and underwrite certain issues / rules for the better of the sport if need be

BWRA Com is the backbone of the foundation ..without any committees and works no clubs or organizations would run racing events

Ok droopy !

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) and your perfect, :- I think not :x :x keep trying (w00t) (w00t)

as im not a member of any organization i dont have a say but every member has right to a vote even my TEA LADY DI :thumbsup:

but imo the latest change to the 40lb class is not needed and i cant see how it will make for safer or better racing but like i have said im not a member so dont have a say ALL CAN SAY IS THANK THE LORD FOR THE NNWRF. (w00t)

Why can't the bwra leave the 40 lb weight clss and just add a 48 lb clss surely that would keep every one happy and content and would stop all this hassle

as im not a member of any organization i dont have a say but every member has right to a vote even my TEA LADY DI :thumbsup: but imo the latest change to the 40lb class is not needed and i cant see how it will make for safer or better racing but like i have said im not a member so dont have a say ALL CAN SAY IS THANK THE LORD FOR THE NNWRF. (w00t)
I agree gray, :thumbsup: but it seems that even the NNWRF has one numpty on it's committee. (w00t) but i'm sure he's the only one. :lol: :lol:

as im not a member of any organization i dont have a say but every member has right to a vote even my TEA LADY DI :thumbsup: but imo the latest change to the 40lb class is not needed and i cant see how it will make for safer or better racing but like i have said im not a member so dont have a say ALL CAN SAY IS THANK THE LORD FOR THE NNWRF. (w00t)
I agree gray, :thumbsup: but it seems that even the NNWRF has one numpty on it's committee. (w00t) but i'm sure he's the only one. :lol: :lol:
I see you started on the wacky baccy early today ... Wonder why you don't get asked on any committee , rebel without a clue that's why :clown: (w00t) (w00t)... I mean they don't even send you a proposal form (w00t) (w00t) that says it all don't it skunk sniffer !!

don,t want to get into a slanging match on here but is it to late to change this rule or amend the proposal i sent the proposal form back and my understanding was that the 40lb class was staying and they where introducing a extra weight group and was told that on the day, then later on i was told something completely different if people feel so strong about it can it be changed they done the same to kick boards years ago

dont think anyone wants rid of the 40 class and a lot of folk seem to have got the same drift as you steve or jeff and they thought they were voting in just an extra class i think simply adding 40 back in as well as 45 and upto 55 would be best for everyone best get in touch with a committee person as everything gets heated on k9

ive got an idea :clown:

let,s get ridd off the 40lb class,,,,nothing wrong with it,,,,but who cares its in the scratch,,,,there always good for voting against as i have light weight i dont care :p :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: :clown:

or lets make xtra class so most are running solo,s ,,,,that should get rid off them ,,,showing up to opens,, :clown:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I agree with the majority i think. In saying the 4olb class should have never been removed but anouther class added or left the way it was .

scratch dog owner ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this topic again.I'm amazed (or not)how here we are again on K9 debating a proposal thata has already gone out to the membership and been voted on.Don't get me wrong,I love a good discussion/debate :b but out of all those voting slips that went out,approximately only 50% were returned :( of that 50%, 37.5% were in favour of this particular proposal.that leaves 12.5 % of those that bothered to vote,against the proposal.Not sure how many on here are part of that 12.5% and how many are not,but for those of you who are part of that 12.5%,you have every right to be dissapointed with those who didn't bother to vote,and who are now saying this ruling is wrong.I do not believe this proposal was voted for because folk didn't understand the proposal.It was totally uncomplicated,and all the proposers had to attend the reps meeting to make sure the proposal went out to the membership exactly as was intended.Quite looking forward to the AGM,looks like we might have a good turn out this year.Or will we?.......... :-

After reading this topic again.I'm amazed (or not)how here we are again on K9 debating a proposal thata has already gone out to the membership and been voted on.Don't get me wrong,I love a good discussion/debate :b but out of all those voting slips that went out,approximately only 50% were returned :( of that 50%, 37.5% were in favour of this particular proposal.that leaves 12.5 % of those that bothered to vote,against the proposal.Not sure how many on here are part of that 12.5% and how many are not,but for those of you who are part of that 12.5%,you have every right to be dissapointed with those who didn't bother to vote,and who are now saying this ruling is wrong.I do not believe this proposal was voted for because folk didn't understand the proposal.It was totally uncomplicated,and all the proposers had to attend the reps meeting to make sure the proposal went out to the membership exactly as was intended.Quite looking forward to the AGM,looks like we might have a good turn out this year.Or will we?.......... :-

i just want to say i thought the scratch wud b left alone this year wot with doing away with no limit and the breeding rule etc thats prob why no scratch racers proposed anything or they were happy with the way things were. tbh i cant remember wot i voted as was stressed out with pups.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back