The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Loss Of Forty Pound Class

stuie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I AM SAD TO SEE THAT THE FORTY POUNDERS ARE NO MORE ALL THAT HISTORY GONE A SAD DAY

Whats the weight classes now ? is this wot was voted for the bwra ?

theres still 40lb in the fed and i wud think club opens will still have 40lb classes. ITS JUST THE BWRA that there isnt a 40lb class. theres loads of opens where there will still b a 40lb class. :thumbsup:

BWRA IS NOW 36LB 45LB AND 55LB

FED IS 40LB 48LB AND NO LIMIT

i wud think clubs may stay @ 36lb 40lb and no limit dunno

Last edited by a moderator:
i also think that all clubs opens should do 36lb 40lb 48lb and no limit as the big dogs get injured just the same as the light weights

I AM SAD TO SEE THAT THE FORTY POUNDERS ARE NO MORE ALL THAT HISTORY GONE A SAD DAY
History is still history Stu,that can't be changed :thumbsup: and the names of the great 40lbers will always be remembered.Looks like our Duke is out the No Limits (55lb class) or at least he will be when he loses his xmas weight :lol:

i also think that all clubs opens should do 36lb 40lb 48lb and no limit as the big dogs get injured just the same as the light weights
yes bett all clubs opens should STAY 36lb 40lb and no limit should not be changed

I agree with the classes you have listed Bet and for the same reasons.

too many rules gettin changed in scratch racing ( breeding rule then weight class change )

is it good for scratch racing ???? only time will tell,,,,( change is somtimes good ) but however i think scratch dogs have had enough,,,,change ,,,one more will snap cammels back

and **** alot off folk off,,,,as they only want to race there dogs ,,,up a track,,,,and not have to think too much about weight classes and what weight there dogs are ,,,,hence why alot off folk race scratch dogs

if other clubs and nnwrf dont follow suit,,,,,why bother?????? it all seems rules rules rules ,,,,get back to basic,s and enjoy some racing

when and were was it voted on to make more changes to the scratch.

too many rules gettin changed in scratch racing ( breeding rule then weight class change )
is it good for scratch racing ???? only time will tell,,,,( change is somtimes good ) but however i think scratch dogs have had enough,,,,change ,,,one more will snap cammels back

and **** alot off folk off,,,,as they only want to race there dogs ,,,up a track,,,,and not have to think too much about weight classes and what weight there dogs are ,,,,hence why alot off folk race scratch dogs

if other clubs and nnwrf dont follow suit,,,,,why bother?????? it all seems rules rules rules ,,,,get back to basic,s and enjoy some racing
maybe next they will have the same weight spread from 16lb to 25lb and so on NOW THAT WOULD **** PEOPLE OFF .

LIKE YOU HAVE SAID CHANGES SOMETIMES ARE GOOD SOMETIMES ARE NOT SO GOOD WE SHALL SEE

maybe if more people had returned there proposal votes thing might of been different.

301 sent 153 returned, poor return a smidge over 50% very poor response.

but the folks that did take time to return this issue still had 3 to 1 for.

it will suit some folks,and wont others.

but its impossible to please everyone :wacko:

the fed do yd lb up to 35, i did ask if a 36 scr could be introduced. but they they think be to much up to 35, 36scr, 40 . (so he only races fed champs).

our bentley is 35 wouldnt run him ydlb , as i like to keep him scr . +he wouldnt have a hope in hell in catching 31 lber. think there will be more folks like myself with a 35lber :thumbsup:

What makes me laugh,is people who propose changes to scratch racing, and they don't even own a scratch dog.

How on earth can anyone say that by no longer having a 40lb class that the gaps are more even :wacko:

From 32lb to 36lbs = 4 lb gap, 36.5lb to 45lb = 9lb gap, and 45,5lb to 55lbs = 10lb gap

maybe if more people had returned there proposal votes thing might of been different.

the fed do yd lb up to 35, i did ask if a 36 scr could be introduced. but they they think be to much up to 35, 36scr, 40 . (so he only races fed champs).

our bentley is 35 wouldnt run him ydlb , as i like to keep him scr . +he wouldnt have a hope in hell in catching 31 lber. think there will be more folks like myself with a 35lber :thumbsup:

David the Fed introduced a 48lb class as it was thought it would make the jump between 40lb and no limit more safer..FULL STOP

As for the fed introducing a 36lb our classes run up to 35lb ...4 lb weigh differences from 36lb to 40lb ...there are dogs though-out the four classes that fall at the heavier side of the class ie 30lb running with 26lb ..in a realistic world we would all be able to have dogs that fall into a weigh we liked off the top

Maybe the scr people should be asking for 1 yd lb also ...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

go 40 then if u want to race him scratch dave theres been some great dogs that aint 40 in weight won 40 scratch races ;)

[quote name='milly' date='Jan 5 2011, 09:05 AM' post='1074263'What makes me laugh,is people who propose changes to scratch racing, and they don't even own a scratch dog.

:unsure: I haven't a clue about Scratch dogs and, for that reason, I, personally, did not vote for any of the proposals. I run yd/lb dogs and so I stick to what I know and understand. I do, however, believe that a lot of the changes were proposed to not only try to make the spread of weights' more even, but also there may be a bit of wanting the sport to breed down. As I've said, I don't know, but it has been brought up at several A.G.M.s' in the past, with some quite nasty comments made. Remember Asfordby? As in all things, we all have a choice and long may that be the case. I.M.O. :wub:

I think this new weight class was brought in because someone who was running in the no-limit was shit scared of running against a certain over 45lb er ;)

I think this new weight class was brought in because someone who was running in the no-limit was shit scared of running against a certain over 45lb er ;)
spot on there :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So the decision has been made has it?

Not seen anything official confirming? :unsure:

I didn't vote (due to an admin discrepancy that I'll resolve with the powers that be) But to be honest I didn't feel that strongly about any of the votes (which is why I didn't chase it up)

Some things being said don't make sense to me..

How come the safety issue is being used as an argument when everyone thought it perfectly acceptable for a dog weighing over 32lb to run with No Limit dogs - dogs of which I might add where running the bends only because they was too big to fit into whippet traps?

The argument about even weight splits isn't really a worthwhile one either because a 41lber running with a 55lb dogs is a 14lb discrepancy.

If someone's put a vote through to put an advantage to their dog, then they must be VERY popular as according to David H the vote went 3 to 1 in favour? If this is true, all I can say is they're a fool cos there'll always be something new coming along into your class that's gona beat you. Moving the goal posts is pointless.

One thing that's been hammered into my head in whippet racing is that after a certain weight, dogs speeds over a sprint are very similar. Which is why we have SCRATCH racing.

Segregating these into groups of small, medium and large for safety does make sense to me. Where the line in the sand is drawn is just tough luck for some and good luck for others. So long as it's reasonable even, then I'll take my chance and not complain. If I have a small scratch dog and it's decent enough to get through to supreme on the bends, I'll do what I've done for the last 5 years anyway, weigh up the situation personally and withdraw if I think it's a risk.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back