The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Loss Of Forty Pound Class

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
As i stated a few times proposal forms are out dated the amount that's been returned proves that 100% and some people just cannot afford the cost to travel to a agm ...times move on ..and many members don't give a shit about the politics of the sport they just want to go run there dogs and go home . ....don't really matter anyway the votes in counted now for 3 years ...

LAST ILL BE SAYING ON THE SUBJECT ..some people always take offense to healthy debate on k9

Good luck everyone for 2011..

wether MEMBERS atend agms or not dosnt mean they dont have a say .......as its been said this is a debate on a forum and why does it allways have to be scratch that gets the brunt ..... i care very much about this sport. cant blame the committee for it though they are just doing there jobs just my opinion and i know how busy committees are at events but agm might be held at weekend events where most MEMBERS from all over the COUNTRY would be present,,,,, job done just my opinion so be easy on the trigger ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup:

can you all tell me if you felt so strong about this proposal why you did'nt start a topic to discuss it when you got the proposal form :wacko: why wait till its been voted in to bring it up

:thumbsup: very good point :thumbsup:

can you all tell me if you felt so strong about this proposal why you did'nt start a topic to discuss it when you got the proposal form :wacko: why wait till its been voted in to bring it up

yes its a very good point david like ive said im not a member of any organization but still have a opinion as this is a debate forum I THINK. :thumbsup:

im not blaming anyone for anything the commitee and the reps can only do as the mmbership want and if the members vote it thats fine by me but

until someone can give me a explanation on the benifits on the change to the 40lb class ill keep banging my head against the wall until i figure out wot the benifits are with these changes

yes its a very good point david like ive said im not a member of any organization but still have a opinion as this is a debate forum I THINK. :thumbsup:

im not blaming anyone for anything the commitee and the reps can only do as the mmbership want and if the members vote it thats fine by me but

until someone can give me a explanation on the benifits on the change to the 40lb class ill keep banging my head against the wall until i figure out wot the benifits are with these changes

QUOTE We propose that the scratch classes are changed to 36lb, 45lb and 55lb, this will give a more even gap in weights between classes, therefore making it fairer on the dogs.

this explains why the classes were changed from 36 to 40 there was only 4lb difference from 40 to 55 15lb diff. nowhere does it say safer as someone as pointed out. hope this helps :thumbsup:

QUOTE We propose that the scratch classes are changed to 36lb, 45lb and 55lb, this will give a more even gap in weights between classes, therefore making it fairer on the dogs.

this explains why the classes were changed from 36 to 40 there was only 4lb difference from 40 to 55 15lb diff. nowhere does it say safer as someone as pointed out. hope this helps :thumbsup:
yes i understand that john and thanks for the reply but surely it would have been better to have introduced another class rather than widen the gap

just an opinion if people cant afford to go to the main agm hen why not ave regional agms

with the same proposals for all and just add all the votes

im sure more people would attend that way

like i said just an opinion

just an opinion if people cant afford to go to the main agm hen why not ave regional agms with the same proposals for all and just add all the votes

like gary said dont pull the trigger ,the committes are there doing a hard job that most people dont want to do , but i would just like to know if there is any criteria that lets somebody approach the main table with a potition or a proposal that just reinstates the 40lb class thus making a extra class after all we are trying to attract more people into our sport not turn them away. Come on lets all work together instead of squabbling with each other lets try to make our sport a friendly sport again,where we can run our dogs against each other win or lose have a bit of friendly banter with each other and go home having had a great day out

just an opinion if people cant afford to go to the main agm hen why not ave regional agms with the same proposals for all and just add all the votes

all reg should hold agm's find out who your rep is or who's on your reg top table and they should tell you when the agm date is :thumbsup:

like gary said dont pull the trigger ,the committes are there doing a hard job that most people dont want to do , but i would just like to know if there is any criteria that lets somebody approach the main table with a potition or a proposal that just reinstates the 40lb class thus making a extra class after all we are trying to attract more people into our sport not turn them away. Come on lets all work together instead of squabbling with each other lets try to make our sport a friendly sport again,where we can run our dogs against each other win or lose have a bit of friendly banter with each other and go home having had a great day out
well said jeff.but some people are hellbent on making this sport very UN-FRIENDLY.lets have less squabbaling and more FUN.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back