The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcher's Doing Agility

Here are some photos of my 2 lurchers doing agility too! My younger dog, Weasel, is 2 and a half and just loves it! He would do agility till he dropped! My older one ( a lab/lurcher cross) loves it too, but he is a bit steadier - Weasel is totally manic and you never know what to expect when you go into the ring!

Weasel.jpg

Scaps_at_Dundee_Show.jpg

Here's another couple of photos of Weasel at a demo in Perth last summer...

Weasel_at_Perth_Show_2.jpg

Weasel_at_Perth_Show.jpg

:thumbsup: :wub: Thanks very much for posting these pics they are super, Weasel's having a great time!! Maybe Weasel and Woody might meet at some shows over the summer if you travel far enough South and me North!!

I do obedience with Pixel one of my lurchers and I was thinking of doing an agility class too this year, now I am definetly going to phone the 2 nearest to me to see if I can go on the waiting list

Hi Gina

Well, I will definately be at Newton Heath in June as my old guy has qualified for the Pedigree ABC Finals - see you then!!

Corrielein said:
Hi Gina
Well, I will definately be at Newton Heath in June as my old guy has qualified for the Pedigree ABC Finals - see you then!!

:cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOW BRILLIANT well done for qualifying that's super. See you at NH then in the summer, maybe we will be competing against each other in the ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Corrielein said:
Hi Gina

Hi Gina Dusty And myself will also be at Newton Heath we could have a lurcher get together as my freind will be with me with her 3

Cynthia

Hi there Cynthia welcome to K9 i'm warning you your training will suffer as a result though (ok Woody i'll set off to training after i've just had a quick look at K9-3 hours later oops sorry Woody we've missed training...!) Have you seen your pic of Dusty on here

gina said:
Hi there Cynthia welcome to K9 i'm warning you your training will suffer as a result though (ok Woody i'll set off to training after i've just had a quick look at K9-3 hours later oops sorry Woody we've missed training...!) Have you seen your pic of Dusty on here
hi yes I have seen Dusty's pic but I don't know how as I can't find it again, think I'm a bit thick

Cynthia

gina said:
And here's old Guiness :wub:
What great pictures, Guiness looks a real "super-star" (w00t) . I would love to do agility with Sid who is coming up to a year old - what age do they start. I take him to training but he seems to get bored - my OH says "you will never train that dog" - which just spurs me on - I am going to see if there is a local agility class near me so I can tell OH to eat his words. :cheers:

Hi there, you can start the basics from puppyhood, like waits, control exercises, left and right turns, poles on the ground etc. :thumbsup: But real training clubs should not allow you to start until your dog is 12 months old to start jumping gradually and the contact obstacles etc. Your dog will probably much more enjoy the fun sport of agility rather than the less interesting obedience training clubs, but i am biased!! :b

cynthia brealey said:
gina said:
hi yes I have seen Dusty's pic but I don't know how as I can't find it again, think I'm a bit thick

Cynthia

O K I've found it again. Did you get the pics of Dusty's 1/2 brother and uncleCynthia

So sorry Cynthia forgot to post these will do it now in their own new topic, i'm such a dizzy mare!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

OOPS, jumped a little too high :D

39.jpg

Who said dogs cant climb trees

That is an amazing picture :thumbsup:

Lovely pic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~Sarah~ said:
Lovely pic.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
Hi, I have a 3 yr old whippet x terrier and we started agility this summer... its been tough going as hes the sensitive sort.. but we are getting on fantastic at it.. he's as light as a feather and absolutly loves it.. i've learned not just about agility but about my dogs breed (he was a rescue dog) I am now totally in love with lurchers... their just the best!

I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a lurcher...... role on the competitions!!

Clar said:
~Sarah~ said:
Lovely pic.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
Hi, I have a 3 yr old whippet x terrier and we started agility this summer... its been tough going as hes the sensitive sort.. but we are getting on fantastic at it.. he's as light as a feather and absolutly loves it.. i've learned not just about agility but about my dogs breed (he was a rescue dog) I am now totally in love with lurchers... their just the best!

I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a lurcher...... role on the competitions!!

Also... on another note, i'd really like to speak to other like minded lurcher agility addicts.... so please feel free to post

I train with a club in Dublin and my dog is the only lurcher.. it would be good to be able to get advice and share stories of lurchers in agility!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back