The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing Extravaganza!!

CHRIS DOYLE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Greetings all lure coursers.

The euphoria of last Saturday is now lure coursing history. OH YES!

East Anglian Whippet Country Club is now proud to announce:

The Dent Challenge Trophy

To be run at Holbeach in Lincolnshire on Saturday 10 Nov 2007

32 dog stake

KC Reg. whippets not exceeding 21 inches in height.

Dogs to be at least 1 year old

The prizes:

The winner will receive the Dent Challenge Trophy(to be held for one year) which will be presented at the club annual luncheon sometime next May. Also, one years club membership will be awarded.

The runner up will receive one years membership.

The purse winner will receive a bottle of Champagne.

The plate winner will receive a bottle of Champagne.

All winners will receive the covetted club rosette.

Additionally, the winner will receive a DVD of all the photographs taken by the club photographer, LAMPY (w00t) .

The draw will take place on Saturday 3rd November.

Those are the main details of the event.

I have already received cheques for over a dozen dogs. Clearly, the uptake for this event following on from the successes of last Saturday is going to be huge. Once the stake is full all following entries will be for reserve places. Further information on how the reserves are arrived at and their subsequent inclusion can be found on page 5 of the Lure Coursing with prize money thread.

I have today spoken with Andrea. It has been agreed that all entries will be by entry form which will be sent to all persons who have already sent me money( your entries are received and have been recorded) and to all who make contact. Cheques will not be cashed until 12 Nov. If you pull your dog before the draw, you WILL NOT pay. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MORE CHEQUES TO ME.

The entry form will go on K9 ASAP for you to print off, complete and send to Andrea.

Andrea's telephone number is 01376 563592

Thats it for now :luck: :luck:

lamping man said:
The entry form will go on K9 ASAP for you to print off, complete and send to Andrea.
I though I heard Andrea muttering 'never again' just before we left (w00t) Glad she'd changed her mind :thumbsup:

Would it be possible for someone put the form up asap, as a week of postal strike action is starting her from tomorrow :sweating:

~elizabeth~ said:
lamping man said:
I though I heard Andrea muttering 'never again' just before we left (w00t) Glad she'd changed her mind :thumbsup:

Would it be possible for someone put the form up asap, as a week of postal strike action is starting her from tomorrow :sweating:

Hopefully tomorrow Elizabeth. Andrea is sending it to me today. I've received your cheques and will send to her tomorrow.

Thanks for your Christmas card as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
~elizabeth~ said:
lamping man said:

Hopefully tomorrow Elizabeth. Andrea is sending it to me today. I've received your cheques and will send to her tomorrow.

Thanks for your Christmas card as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hi chris,did our entrys get to you today?

Yes Trish. Got them. I've sent your DVD off as well :thumbsup:

Following on from the major points I posted earlier: there will be a licensed judge and licensed slipper. The lure course will be varied at the end of each round. Each lucky entrant is assured of at least 2 runs over the varied courses which will be approx 500 metres or so in each case

It is expected that a loo will be provided for the ladies. The men, i guess will do as men have done since time immemorial :blink:

hi chris, can a dog under 12 months be entered. :cheers:

Hi Tony. Possibly reading between the lines of your question, Beubezi Fun and Frolic will not be a runner. :thumbsup:

Telephone Andrea Tony . My understanding is 1 year old is the lower limit :thumbsup:

Im sure this event will be another sucess Lampy well done mate i will try & get to this one all being well :cheers:

lamping man said:
Telephone Andrea Tony . My understanding is 1 year old is the lower limit :thumbsup:

hi chris. i quote my entry form as ..A 32-DOG OPEN STAKE FOR K.C.WHIPPETS 1 YEAR OLD AND OVER, UP TO 21". RULES ARE RULES.. :thumbsup:

would like to say thankyou to chris for the photos the cd came this morning,great to have something to keep of such a special day :thumbsup:

got mine this morning through the post cheers Chris :cheers:

Greetings all coursers. You might have noticed that I have tried to upload the Holbeach meeting booking form. Unfortunately it does not seem to be viewable, not from my end anyway. SOOOO If you want to send me your email address, I will email you a copy. :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
Greetings all coursers. You might have noticed that I have tried to upload the Holbeach meeting booking form. Unfortunately it does not seem to be viewable, not from my end anyway. SOOOO If you want to send me your email address, I will email you a copy. :thumbsup:

got ours this morning and its in the post. thanks chris

Hi MAark. How do I make this work????
Normaly you just attach like a picture but for some reason it just come up as garbage.? i'll let you know when i work it out?

Good evening all lure coursers. Some of you will have the DVD of last Saturday's monumental lure coursing experience (w00t) (w00t) so you need not read on. For those who haven't, if you click on LAMPYPICS there is a gallery of pictures some of which I did put on K9.,but some you will not have seen.

It is gallery 24 titled HISTORY AT HOLBEACH :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back