The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing/gathering

Pennymeadow Whippets

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[SIZE=14pt]The Uk Working Whippet Club will be holding a 16 dog whippet stake with the possibility of a second 8 dog whippet stake (Entries Permitting) Also a 8 dog lurcher stake possibly 16 (Entries Permitting) on Saturday 13th December 2008.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Entry Fee £10 per whippet[/SIZE]

£5 per Lurcher to be pre paid to enter your dog PM myself or Nigelmcfc.

[SIZE=14pt]The Venue will be[/SIZE]

The School House Inn

Low Marishes

Malton

North Yorkshire

YO17 6RJ

http://www.schoolhouseinn.co.uk/index.htm

More Details to follow :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be trade stands and hot food available also as it will be nearly Xmas we have some surprises planned :D :D :cheers:

nigel will you enter storm in the lurchers for me please mate :thumbsup:

How come its £10 for a whippet and £5 for a lurcher do they run different :- " :unsure:

*Lesley* said:
How come its £10 for a whippet and £5 for a lurcher do they run different :- "  :unsure:
It`s £5 for a lurcher because they are not pedigree dogs , is that a problem??

nigelmcfc said:
*Lesley* said:
How come its £10 for a whippet and £5 for a lurcher do they run different :- "  :unsure:
It`s £5 for a lurcher because they are not pedigree dogs , is that a problem??

Bit of a snotty answer to a genuine question there Nigel, :unsure: so,well yeah it is a problem to be honest, all the dogs do the same papers or not ,what is a pedigree dog doing that warrants the extra fiver?? they run the same course, have the same slipper, same judge, seems unfair to me :unsure: costs us all a fortune to get there and more ped whippet owners turn up than any other yet get charged twice as much for the priviledge.

I think Lesley has a very valid point. I must say that when I first read it I thought the same. :luck:

Lesley. I haven't forgotten your pictures :thumbsup:

lamping man said:
I think Lesley has a very valid point. I must say that when I first read it I thought the same. :luck:
Lesley. I haven't forgotten your pictures :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris :huggles:

Andy will see you Saturday, I can't make it this time but will get there before too long :)

I should add I am not being tight here because I have spent a fortune on coursing/racing ect I just think the price should be equal accross the board for the same thing :thumbsup:

Having a dog with papers doesn't mean that the owners are wealthier than an owner of a dog without :unsure:

If people have a problem with the events the UKWW Club have held - fine, I won`t arrange any more , I have far better things to do with my time like work my dogs

Your choice people :cheers:

i dont recall anyone saying they had a problem with any of the events past, present or future, all i can see is a genuine query. :b

No need to spit your dummy out about it Nigel :blink: I asked one question, didn't slate any of the events held or the WWCC, if you want to work your dogs instead then do, thats got nothing to do with us, it might be best anyway if you get this upset when there's a query :blink:

And for the record we came to support you and Jeff and your new club so there would be more dogs we are already members of a coursing club so you're not spiting us by packing it in :thumbsup:

Lesley I set the prices as i organise the events the reason there is a difference is to encourage the lurcher brigade to take part in these events as you know Mark & myself stood for 3 wednesday evenings trying to get the lurchers involved & no one even turned up as they were mostly full of sh*t talked the talk but did not walk the walk, when we had a following of lurchers wanting to run at our events they would have been charged £10 the same as anyone else ITS whats called an introductary offer :thumbsup: .

The whippet people all pay £10 in the north & south but they are not charged for a card to enter the field as at other clubs as we try to keep prices down to help runners with mulitple dogs.

No snotty answer :thumbsup:

I`m not spitting my dummy out, but when people criticise us then you will get a reaction as when you put a lot of hard work and effort into organising an event it annoys me that people have to post questions regarding entry fees on an open forum instead of asking via PM .

Yes, I would prefer to be out working my dogs , but as we have been asked to put on events like this I have agreed to run them.

I must ask one question though, what would you like to see , the lurcher owners paying £10?

Whippets

1 Stavass Moonlighting Entered

2 Pennymeadow Poppy Entered

3 Greatcoates Pistol Pete Entered

4 Pennymeadow Blackjack Of Rabbitrunner Entered

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

9 Precious Ruby Murry Entered

10 Ebony Black Of rabbitrunner Entered

LURCHERS

1 Storm

2 Tod

Lesley I set the prices as i organise the events the reason there is a difference is to encourage the lurcher brigade to take part in these events as you know Mark & myself stood for 3 wednesday evenings trying to get the lurchers involved & no one even turned up as they were mostly full of sh*t talked the talk but did not walk the walk, when we had a following of lurchers wanting to run at our events they would have been charged £10 the same as anyone else ITS whats called an introductary offer :thumbsup: .

The whippet people all pay £10 in the north & south but they are not charged for a card to enter the field as at other clubs as we try to keep prices down to help runners with mulitple dogs.

No snotty answer :thumbsup:

[/quote

I'm not knocking the club Jeff and I think you know me well enough to know that anyway, but where's the incentive for the whippet owners who come rain or shine give them a discount now and then, the whippets are enough to run the meets so why is it so important that lurcher owners have be inticed with introductory rates, if they want to come they will, irrespective of price, it might have had nothing to do with price before maybe they just weren't interested in chasing the bag :thumbsup:

nigelmcfc said:
I`m not spitting my dummy out, but when people criticise us then you will get a reaction as when you put a lot of hard work and effort into organising an event it annoys me that people have to post questions regarding entry fees on an open forum instead of asking via PM .
Yes, I would prefer to be out working my dogs , but as we have been asked to put on events like this I have agreed to run them.

I must ask one question though, what would you like to see , the lurcher owners paying £10?

I haven't critisized anybody I just asked a question :unsure: the entry fee is in big writing at the beginning of the thread it wasn't a secret so why would the reason for charging it be?

And even if I'd pm'd you I wouldn't have been satisfied with the answer you gave.

And yes £10 for all would be fine :thumbsup:

Anyway good luck with your next event :luck:

I'm not knocking the club Jeff and I think you know me well enough to know that anyway, but where's the incentive for the whippet owners who come rain or shine give them a discount now and then, the whippets are enough to run the meets so why is it so important that lurcher owners have be inticed with introductory rates, if they want to come they will, irrespective of price, it might have had nothing to do with price before maybe they just weren't interested in chasing the bag :thumbsup:

The incentive for the whippet owner is the same as with all the clubs a good days sport & a meeting of friends old & new this club is about promoting the working whippet thats why we had a show (that was badly supported) & thats why we have other events planned for the future as a new club we need to raise funds & if running Lurchers helps raise funds so be it :thumbsup:

So will you be entering this next event

Personally I would find it a bit of an insult to pay twice as much as someone running a lurcher - and I would not attend for this reason. I can see that you might want to attract lurcher people, but there must be a better way than fleecing whippet people. That's just my view - not that I was attending anyway - just thought if you could see how you are upsetting others by discriminating, you might think better of it next time.

On a different note - I have edited some posts as they were a direct attack on another member - not the first time I have to add. If it continues, the offending people will be put on preview, as that is the only way we can stop people posting insults :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back