The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing In Yorkshire

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's always a very good day at coursing and it will be good to see more [SIZE=14pt]Yorkshire[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Lads and dogs[/SIZE] :cheers:

hi all, ill bring my little cleo. ive had her behind the lure over 150 and she is as quick as my black dog who is about 4inch taller and about 14lb heavier. dont know if they will wear muzzles or trap, regards

dont get yorkshire tea, its full of sheepdip? :- "

sparky said:
hi all, ill bring my little cleo. ive had her behind the lure over 150 and she is as quick as my black dog who is about 4inch taller and about 14lb heavier. dont know if they will wear muzzles or trap, regards

You wont need either for this saturday sparky it's lure coursing,bring Archie too he'd love it, no traps or muzzles but if you come the week after too we'll get them used to the traps and muzzles gradually most of them get used to it when they realize there's a lure on the other end of it :thumbsup:

all Yorkshire folk are VERY welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
sparky said:
their both coming,  :eek:

Sorry I thought from your other post you meant only Cleo was coming :b Great look forward to it:thumbsup:

Hi Sparky,

like Lesley says for the lure coursing theres no muzzles or traps used (unless a dogs a bit iffy then we make it be muzzled)

best way to get them used to being muzzled (for racing) is to walk them with them on for a week or so till they forget about having it on.

See you Saturday, i'm leaving here 10.30 am if you want to follow us down there?

Mark Roberts said:
Nice 1 Lakey, listen so you lads dont feel left out should we buy some YORKSHIRE TEA!   :p
it will be nice to see you again Sparky and nice to meet you lakey.

Right just off to buy my Dickie Bird phrase book then you lads feel at home lol  :- "

Mark and every one else

looking forward to the weekend and to meeting folk with whippets and similer intrests

Mark never mind the Yorkshire tea, I'd prefer Yorkshie real ale.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

see you all Saturday :thumbsup:

Well Lakey great to meet you nice to see you enjoyed the lure coursing in red rose country hope to see you soon no passport needed now :- " lol :cheers: :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Well Lakey great to meet you nice to see you enjoyed the lure coursing in red rose country hope to see you soon no passport needed now :- "  lol :cheers:   :thumbsup:
will do :thumbsup:

see you all again in november, i will also be bring my new pup for a little socilising (spelling :oops: )

see you all again soon

Lakey

Glad you enjoyed it Lakey, hope to catch up with you next time as im gonna pop down country with my Yorkshireman, and the dogs of course (w00t)

hi, is this lure coursing just open to whippets? ive got a 1/2 x whippet coming soon and would like to see it run behind the lure. cheers.

The main lure coursing is for KC registerd whippets but if you want to come along your more than welcome to have some runs, we have lurchers, Salukis ect that come along for a run.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back