The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Meg's Mystery Illness!

beaubeau

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Meg had been off colour for a week and last Thursday evening I was concerned enough to call the vet for an emergency visit before the bank holiday. The vet called me back and asked several questions but as Meg was still eating and drinking the vet decided that it was not an emergency and to bring her in Saturday morning if still concerned.

I was away to at selby gamefair on the friday for the weekend and naturally decided not to take Meg along with me. She was being well looked after at home in the warm :huggles:

She was taken to the vets on the saturday morning when I got a shocking phone call from the vet surgery !!

The vet was very concerned about Megs condition and said that she will have to stay in for the next couple of days for further tests.

MEG HAD GONE COMPLETELY BLIND !!!! they didn'y know why so needed to do further tests !! :(

Meg was leaning to the left side, lethargic and bumping into things at this point. The vet thought it was a swelling on her brain and gave her a course of powerful anti-inflammatories.

On Monday Morning Meg started to regain her sight and was allowed home. She is on a course of pills but still not right ( although her sight is back but not 100%) she is resting :huggles:

I'm hoping for a full recovery for her very soon but am still at a loss to what might have caused this..... :wacko:

Has anyone else ever experienced this or heard of it before?

Tracey x

Poor Meg! :( I have not heard of this happening, but it would be very interesting to have her referred to Cambridge, or the Royal Veterinary College so that she could have a brain scan, as this is highly unusual.

I do hope she continues to improve :luck: :huggles:

:( poor meg hope she recovers well ,what an awful worry for you ,sorry no experience with this :(

OH no, poor meg, I hope she is fit and well again real soon and you find some answers as to what has happened :huggles:

oh no poor meg...........i hope they find out the cause of this :luck:

for meg :huggles:

omg tracey :eek: what a shock for you and meg too :huggles:

got everything crossed she recovers well :luck: :huggles:

Sorry to hear about Meg, Hope she is up and about running around and playing very soon. :thumbsup:

i had one of my greyhound pups do this once before, she was diagnosed with a form of meningittis (sorry about the spelling). she did get better though when treated. though she never regained her full balance for some reason but lived very happily for many years as a house pet for some lovely people. hope this helps......

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry to hear about this. Poor little Meg :( :huggles: :huggles:

I do hope she continues to improve and makes a full recovery very, very soon :thumbsup:

I wonder if it may have been a viral infection in the brain? It would be a good idea to get a referral to one of the veterinary centres of excellence to investigate further - if only for peace of mind that Meg is all clear and not in any further danger.

:luck: :luck: Good luck and best wishes - keep us updated :huggles: :huggles:

beaubeau said:
Meg had been off colour for a week and last Thursday evening I was concerned enough to call the vet for an emergency visit before the bank holiday. The vet called me back and asked several questions but as Meg was still eating and drinking the vet decided that it was not an emergency and to bring her in Saturday morning if still concerned. 

I was away to at selby gamefair on the friday for the weekend and naturally decided not to take Meg along with me. She was being well looked after at home in the warm :huggles:

She was taken to the vets on the saturday morning when I got a shocking phone call from the vet surgery !!

The vet was very concerned about Megs condition and said that she will have to stay in for the next couple of days for further tests.

MEG HAD GONE COMPLETELY BLIND !!!! they didn'y know why so needed to do further tests !! :(

Meg was leaning to the left side, lethargic and bumping into things at this point. The vet thought it was a swelling on her brain and gave her a course of powerful anti-inflammatories.

On Monday Morning Meg started to regain her sight and was allowed home. She is on a course of pills but still not right ( although her sight is back but not 100%) she is resting :huggles:

I'm hoping for a full recovery for her very soon but am still at a loss to what might have caused this.....  :wacko:

Has anyone else ever experienced this or heard of it before?

Tracey x

Hi Tracey,

It was lovely to meet you and Willow at the weekend.I am glad Meg is on the mend.It will be interesting to see if anybody has had a similar situation.

Amandaxx

How old is Meg? my old girl was like this and the vet thought she'd had a stroke........

but she was 15, unfortunately the medication didn't work for her and she had another

which resulted in me having to have her pts.

omg tracey, poor you and meg :(

sending cuddles and healing thoughts to you :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Murphy is sending Meg his bestest cuddles n says get well soon cos he wants 2 play. x

How horribly frightening for you - hope she continues to improve rapidly :huggles: :huggles:

That must've been a dreadful shock for you to get such a phonecall while you were away!

Got it all crossed for Meg and sending big huggy thoughts your way too :huggles:

Oh I do hope Meg has soon recovered back to her normal self. I think it sounds like a mild stroke. What a shock for you. Sending lots of :huggles: :huggles:

omg poor meg and poor you tracey what a shock that must have been....hows the little love doing tonight?? sending loads of love and hugs to you both...get well soon meg.xxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back