The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Message For Cartman

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dawn said:
How long before this thread is removed because of a complaint I wonder :- "
And Cartman do u ever get any work done???? :D

Work. I am self employed & work early AM's & on & off during the day. :) One has to be employed around the net. :cheers:

OFF THE RECORD..................there is nothing wrong with a bit of fun. :luck:

chelynnah said:
I don't think anyone took offense.  Just thought that a personal thread had run it's course.  :cheers:
Wendy

Oh come on Wendy,just because a "couple" of folks asked for it to be removed,doesn't mean you HAVE to remove it,that's taking "moderating" a bit too far :blink:

There's been some really offensive threads in the past that have gone on for far too long before they're removed,so why remove a totally harmless one that's had a lot of us laughing???

Everyone was waiting to see how many hits it could run up!

alfyn said:
chelynnah said:
I don't think anyone took offense.  Just thought that a personal thread had run it's course.  :cheers:
Wendy

Oh come on Wendy,just because a "couple" of folks asked for it to be removed,doesn't mean you HAVE to remove it,that's taking "moderating" a bit too far :blink:

There's been some really offensive threads in the past that have gone on for far too long before they're removed,so why remove a totally harmless one that's had a lot of us laughing???

Yes threads have gone too far in the past and been offensive because there wasn't really anyone moderating and that's why I was asked if I'd consider moderating.

At the end of the day yes, it was a bit of fun, but it was a personal thread, a couple of people asked if it could be removed, this thread was up and running, so what was the harm in removing a thread that was intended to get in touch with someone.

so is this now going to become a 'flame the moderator' thread rather than the bit of fun it was started to be?

Wendy

Yoohoo Cartman, come back - this needs some lightening up :clown:

Wendy

chelynnah said:
At the end of the day yes, it was a bit of fun, but it was a personal thread, a couple of people asked if it could be removed, this thread was up and running, so what was the harm in removing a thread that was intended to get in touch with someone.
so is this now going to become a 'flame the moderator' thread rather than the bit of fun it was started to be?

Wendy

Well i'm not going to shoot you down Wendy,honest!!!
violent-smiley-026.gif
;) :oops: :lol:

No one is flaming the monitor. :( Just because someone is wrong. :angry:

I started this thread because the other one was so light hearted and it was so nice to see people actually having a laugh rather than at each others throats.

I couldnt understand why someone would have wanted it removed as it was a good laugh (at no ones expense)

I am sorry if you feel that way Wendy I wasnt getting at u :huggles: its the sad people who felt the post needed to go :rant: (they could have let it get to 1000 first :D )

Come on k9ers lighten up!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :clown: :clown: :clown:

400 now Cartman!! :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I hung out as long as I could but now it says 5,000 + hits I thought I better have a look. (w00t) I now know why hardly anyone said Happy birthday to Carman :blink: :b

I seem to remember we had a bit of a summer fun topic last year, long may it continue. :D

This probably isnt the place but who cares. What do you do for a living Cartman, are you a pro photographer?

We were at Crufts one year waiting an age for our classes and a few of us tried to guess what the men showers did for a living, we all had a guess then had to find out during the year what they really did.

Just one, voted as Accountant, actually Paper plate salesman :- "

chelynnah said:
alfyn said:
chelynnah said:
Wendy

Yes threads have gone too far in the past and been offensive because there wasn't really anyone moderating and that's why I was asked if I'd consider moderating.

Wendy

You said it Wendy

Personnally I do think you are taking your post as a moderator a tad too seriously as I have said in the past to you . :- "

To take off such a mild topic which at the end of the day ,hurt no one,and was just a laugh, I find really sad :(

If thats what K9 is coming too perhaps we`d all be best going else where with our `little sillies ` which would be a shame .

If you gota Pm asking you to take every topic off there would be nowt left (w00t)

Karen said:
We were at Crufts one year waiting an age for our classes and a few of us tried to guess what the men showers did for a living, we all had a guess then had to find out during the year what they really did.
Just one,  voted as Accountant, actually Paper plate salesman :- "

ROFL Karen - I had to read that a few times. I read it as Showers (like taking a shower, rain shower), and for a second thought you were all picturing the men in the shower :oops:

Wendy :teehee:

JAX said:
chelynnah said:
alfyn said:
chelynnah said:
Wendy

Wendy

You said it Wendy

Personnally I do think you are taking your post as a moderator a tad too seriously as I have said in the past to you . :- "

To take off such a mild topic which at the end of the day ,hurt no one,and was just a laugh, I find really sad :(

If thats what K9 is coming too perhaps we`d all be best going else where with our `little sillies ` which would be a shame .

If you gota Pm asking you to take every topic off there would be nowt left (w00t)

Oh Good Grief. In the 2 months I've been moderator I removed this ONE post due to requests and on another thread just made a polite reminder for no further specific details on a subject that could have gotten the board accused of libel if anyone so chose. That's really going overboard (w00t) ! Yup - got a BIG head about it - going overboard removing one thread. How does that attribute to having nowt left?

Wendy

How come this topics had over Four thousand hits since 2.30 pm :blink: :D

Well this thread made me chuckle! :D

What do you do for a living Cartman?, if you are good a putting up fences do you want to come and stay with us for a little while?, if you are everso handy maybe a few of us could club together and pay your fare and we could share you around.

Just a thought

Jenny

chelynnah said:
Wendy

I personally don't think the thread should have been deleted if the thread was a personal one it should have never been put on a public forum. The author should have used the private messaging function on this site.

On a forum i run, for a thread to be deleted the moderator needs to consult with either admin or another moderator before any post is deleted. That way the site is run without being biased. IMO

quintessence said:
What do you do for a living Cartman?, if you are good a putting up fences do you want to come and stay with us for a little while?, if you are everso handy maybe a few of us could club together and pay your fare and we could share you around.
Just a thought

Jenny

Yah, I can do fences. Have erected lots in my time. :)) I 'll go over there, set up "Cartmans Erection Service". :x :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back