The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Missing Whippet In Kent

Juley

Grand Mistress
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have put this on this forum as well. Just in case any-one lives in the area and might have seen her. She isn't one of mine btw. just in case any-one wondered.

Flossie went missing near Goudhurst. She is brindle with white trim.

[SIZE=14pt]Posted for Riley[/SIZE]

Yes, my darling Flossie has gone missing. She jumped a fence chasing rabbits at 9pm with another of my whippets. The other one came back after an hour but Flossie didn't come back. We've heard that she was hit by a car on Friday night, but was seen on Monday at 6pm looking quite able bodied but very frightened. I've tried everything I can think of: police, dog wardens, vets, rescue centres, posters, door drops, flagging down motorists, phoning everyone I know. We've scoured the area (very rural and heavily wooded). It's been on radio Kent. I've even asked a clairvoyant. Have notified Lurcher Search. She's wearing a collar and tag. Am wondering if there are any tracker dogs such as Bloodhounds I could try?

I don't know what to do next, and can hardly bear this torment. Does anyone out there have any other ideas?

It just goes to show that even when you're running your dogs on private ground with 4 foot fencing all round, you can't underestimate the pulling power of rabbits.

Please help me.

Riley

My heart goes out to you,this must be every dog owners worst nightmare :'(

My heart aches for you, I hope you find Flossie very soon, and that she's fit and well.

Please keep us updated as to what is going on.

Good luck

Riley I wish there was something that I could do to help. I will be thinking of you at this awfully traumatic time. Please keep hoping, there have been sightings so this is always good to hear. How far was she from your home when you went missing?

I truly, truly hope that you have some good news soon

Tracy

Last edited by a moderator:
How awful! :'( you must be going out of your mind :(

I hope flossie turns up safe and well and very soon! :luck:

Juley said:
I have put this on this forum as well.  Just in case any-one lives in the area and might have seen her.  She isn't one of mine btw. just in case any-one wondered. Flossie went missing near Goudhurst.  She is brindle with white trim.

[SIZE=14pt]Posted for Riley[/SIZE]

Yes, my darling Flossie has gone missing. She jumped a fence chasing rabbits at 9pm with another of my whippets. The other one came back after an hour but Flossie didn't come back. We've heard that she was hit by a car on Friday night, but was seen on Monday at 6pm looking quite able bodied but very frightened. I've tried everything I can think of: police, dog wardens, vets, rescue centres, posters, door drops, flagging down motorists, phoning everyone I know. We've scoured the area (very rural and heavily wooded). It's been on radio Kent. I've even asked a clairvoyant. Have notified Lurcher Search. She's wearing a collar and tag. Am wondering if there are any tracker dogs such as Bloodhounds I could try?

I don't know what to do next, and can hardly bear this torment. Does anyone out there have any other ideas?

It just goes to show that even when you're running your dogs on private ground with 4 foot fencing all round, you can't underestimate the pulling power of rabbits.

Please help me.

Riley

i could cry for you, the pain must be unbearable.

i hope and pray you get her back and that she will be safe and well.

lots of love to you, please let us know what happens

hope you and Flossie are reunited soon, i can't even imagine how you must be feeling :unsure:

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I'm trying so hard to have faith in her safe return. I've been out again this pm with a friend and her male whippet, and think over the past days I've covered the whole area at different times of day and night. I asked the bloodhound people if they could help but apparently they're not allowed to track other animals. My head is spinning, and another night is coming on. My poor darling is out there somewhere ..... Should I put a reward on the posters? An advert is coming out on Friday in the local paper, so please all you friends out there, wish hard for Flossie. This is about the worst scenario you can imagine.

Riley

It is the worst scenario I can imagine.. so lets hope someone out their finds her soon and returns her to you. Good Luck :luck:

I'm so sorry Riley, I know the pain that you are going through. Rabbits are the reason why I haven't seen my Luci for nearly 20 weeks :'( I hope you'll have more luck than I've had. I'll be thinking of you, and wishing & praying that she comes home soon. Stay strong, you're doing all the right things. I'm sure she'll find you soon. Good luck... :luck: :luck: :luck:

I really feel for you Riley, I have been through it too, and I can feel the heartache and pain still, you are doing everything you can, but its going to bed each night not knowing where they are, my heart goes out to you, good luck, I'll keep everything crossed, and hope to see a 'happy' post to tell us all that your little baby has been found.

Hello Riley. I think I would put "Reward for her safe return" on your posters. Also a general description as well as Whippet. Not every-one would know what a Whippet is. I'm hoping and praying that she will be found. At least it is summer time and not too cold even at night. Also the days are at their longest for someone to spot her. Thinking of you. J XX :luck: :luck: :luck:

Riley, If she not injured badly there is plenty of food about now and the nights are warm. Post a reward, I dont think I would worry how much it was if it got her back. I know it might encourage some folk to use the situation but you must do what you think is best for you and Flossie. Im sure everyone on here is praying you find her safe and well.

Check and recheck where you last saw her, she knows that place well, Im sure she will try to get back there.

Good luck :luck: I can't imagine anything worse.. you poor thing. But as others have said at least it is the summer.

I'm so sorry, can't imagine what you're going through. I'm in a slightly different area - near Tenterden - but if there's anything I can do let me know - maybe posters in my local woods where loads of dog walkers go.

Val [ Lily's mum. ].

[SIZE=8pt]Posting for Riley[/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]FLOSSIE IS HOME[/SIZE]

She was found this morning. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back