The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Moonpig Is Very Poorly

How is Moonpig and the midget doing this morning?

Hi we've just got back with Zoe now, she seems much happier in herself. She has Metacam and Clavaseptin for seven days. Her bloods didn't show any sign of infection but the Clavaseptin is just to be on the safe side.

It is a mystery as to what has caused this problem because apparently pancreatitis is normally triggered by the consumption of a massively fatty meal, usually the dog has eaten something like a ton of sausages or one of those fat balls people put out for birds.

Zoe never has access to any food at all when we aren't home and her food is always controlled by us...she has a sensitive stomach so mostly only has James Wellbeloved food or similar.

Obviously there may be something wrong with her pancreas but her white cell count was normal so it's a bit odd...one vet said we may get flair ups and basically starving her for two days and giving plenty of fluids and pain relief may resolve it each time. we have to wait and see how she recovers and what happens in a few days as we re-introduce her normal food ( she has prescription i/d for a few days starting tomorrow....no food at all until then)

Of course now we have to keep an eye on her and hope she doesn't develop diabetes as a result of a dodgy pancreas.

I f any of you do have experience with pancreatitis in your dogs and feel like sharing any advice/ thoughts, I'd be very grateful for any insights into what to expect.

It's nice to have her home again.....she was very very sweet and came into the house and greeted each of our dogs one by one and licked all their faces, so perhaps she isn't the evil Moonpig after all and is just a sweet little girl dressed as a naughty alien. :lol:

Mr Midgetty Pants is in fine form thank you and has been pooing a variety of interesting objects, none of which looked like a peg but I am hopeful he is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi we've just got back with Zoe now, she seems much happier in herself. She has Metacam and Clavaseptin for seven days. Her bloods didn't show any sign of infection but the Clavaseptin is just to be on the safe side.

It is a mystery as to what has caused this problem because apparently pancreatitis is normally triggered by the consumption of a massively fatty meal, usually the dog has eaten something like a ton of sausages or one of those fat balls people put out for birds.

Zoe never has access to any food at all when we aren't home and her food is always controlled by us...she has a sensitive stomach so mostly only has James Wellbeloved food or similar.

Obviously there may be something wrong with her pancreas but her white cell count was normal so it's a bit odd...one vet said we may get flair ups and basically starving her for two days and giving plenty of fluids and pain relief may resolve it each time. we have to wait and see how she recovers and what happens in a few days as we re-introduce her normal food ( she has prescription i/d for a few days starting tomorrow....no food at all until then)

Of course now we have to keep an eye on her and hope she doesn't develop diabetes as a result of a dodgy pancreas.

I f any of you do have experience with pancreatitis in your dogs and feel like sharing any advice/ thoughts, I'd be very grateful for any insights into what to expect.

It's nice to have her home again.....she was very very sweet and came into the house and greeted each of our dogs one by one and licked all their faces, so perhaps she isn't the evil Moonpig after all and is just a sweet little girl dressed as a naughty alien. :lol:

Mr Midgetty Pants is in fine form thank you and has been pooing a variety of interesting objects, none of which looked like a peg but I am hopeful he is fine.
Zoe?????Who's ZOE....don't tell me her real name isn't Moonpig...I'm devastated....been living a lie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad she is a little happier :D

Last edited by a moderator:
only just seen this - glad Moonpig Zoe is back home and I cross my fingers for her to get better (much better). I'm looking forward to her version of The Apprentice too!

And I hope little midget dog doesn't swallow any more pegs.

Best wishes

Gill

Just catching up with this, poor little darling. I hope she is recovers from this, and never gets another episode. Fingers crossed for her here. Lots of hugs, and good luck :huggles: :luck:

Zoe?????Who's ZOE....don't tell me her real name isn't Moonpig...I'm devastated....been living a lie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She says if it's all the same to you, Zoe is her official name, after all would you want to go into the bank and ask to see the manager about a bone loan and then have to tell them your name was Moonpig???

She said it can be slightly embarrassing when she books theatre tickets or a table in a restaurant, therefore she tries her best to fit in by having a name of this earth!!!

Also Moonpig told me that it's very difficult for her to be taken seriously now she has a job with MI6, agent Moonpig is not a name that Russian spies regard with a straight face. :angry:

:lol:

So glad Moonpig is feeling better :thumbsup:

That's great news as well, that James doesn't seem any worse for wear with his peg chomping :-

Aw, poor Moonpig ... I bet she's glad to be home. Hope she makes a speedy recovery :huggles: :luck:

She says if it's all the same to you, Zoe is her official name, after all would you want to go into the bank and ask to see the manager about a bone loan and then have to tell them your name was Moonpig???

She said it can be slightly embarrassing when she books theatre tickets or a table in a restaurant, therefore she tries her best to fit in by having a name of this earth!!!

Also Moonpig told me that it's very difficult for her to be taken seriously now she has a job with MI6, agent Moonpig is not a name that Russian spies regard with a straight face. :angry:

:lol:
You crack me up with your Moonpig tales......bone loan :lol:

Glad she's back home and on the mend.

oh just read this, poor moony ! I hope she's gets better soon on her special diet and has no flare ups, she must've felt awful, especially since she missed the other furries so much as to greet them so nicely.

You must be demented with midget James, my friend has a 14 week beagle puppy and she was non-stop excitement, sniffing and investigating I was worn out just watching her !

How is the moonpig today? I do hope all is well with your babies today.

Sarah

x

How is the moonpig today? I do hope all is well with your babies today.Sarah

x

well Moonpig isn't too bad actually, a bit quiet today but she had a bit of a swim yesterday followed by a nice bath, hopefully she will continue to improve.

Hi
Not having a good week with the dogs at the moment.

Moonpig was a bit odd yesterday and became a very odd shape...her mid section grew enormously in size and she had trouble walking...this was six hours after eating so unlikely to be bloat. She seemed very uncomfortable.

Eventually she settled down a bit and seemed normal, even ate her tea as usual.

This morning she wasn't quite herself and rather reluctantly ate half her breakfast, she is moving very badly and keeps lying down suddenly, she is also back to looking odd shaped again.

She's going to the vets at nine and I have a sneaking feeling we're looking at an ex lap today.......I think there is very probably lino blocking her gut, she ate some a while ago and I've got a feeling there's still some in there!!!! unless it's something else but that's my feeling.

Also just to make matters worse, James the midget dog swallowed a clothes peg yesterday evening and we are waiting to see if he has any problems with that too............

please keep fingers crossed for Moonpig today because she is one very unhappy little dog :( :( :(
Poor Moon Pig we are all wishing her well. Keep us posted. I will say a little prayer for her today.

Please please say lots of prayers people!!!!

Moonpig is actually very very ill indeed, she has taken a turn for the worse and is in a lot of pain, she is going back into the vets again...I am actually shaking just now because I know how sick she could be. :'( :'( :'(

I gave her a slightly bigger meal of the Prescription I/D and it's all just gone horribly wrong, she is in pain and all hunched over and she's wanting to vomit, she's all stressed and panting..it's awful..i will keep you updated but don't be surprised if i'm not on for a while.

Please keep everything crossed...I can't do this any more, not after Parker...........

Please please say lots of prayers people!!!!
Moonpig is actually very very ill indeed, she has taken a turn for the worse and is in a lot of pain, she is going back into the vets again...I am actually shaking just now because I know how sick she could be. :'( :'( :'(

I gave her a slightly bigger meal of the Prescription I/D and it's all just gone horribly wrong, she is in pain and all hunched over and she's wanting to vomit, she's all stressed and panting..it's awful..i will keep you updated but don't be surprised if i'm not on for a while.

Please keep everything crossed...I can't do this any more, not after Parker...........

I,m so very sorry...............thinking of you hun xxxxxxxxxx hope she going to be ok :luck:

Oh no, poor Moonpig :(

I hope she is ok :luck: You must be sick with worry :(

Sending positive thoughts and hugs your way and good luck at the vets :luck: :luck: :luck: xxxx

:luck: poor Moonpig hope shes more comfortable soon.

many years ago my old boy had a bout of this, he spent a couple of days at the vets on a drip giving everything a rest, apart from fitting through stress,eating his lead and chewing through a couple of drips, he survived to come home and lived for quite a while after. He died from something totally unrelated

So sorry to read this ... I'm willing you better Moonpig with all my heart.

Annie

Terribly upset to read this news - lots of love and luck to you and Moonpig :huggles: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back