The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Moonpig Is Very Poorly

Whippets Rule

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Not having a good week with the dogs at the moment.

Moonpig was a bit odd yesterday and became a very odd shape...her mid section grew enormously in size and she had trouble walking...this was six hours after eating so unlikely to be bloat. She seemed very uncomfortable.

Eventually she settled down a bit and seemed normal, even ate her tea as usual.

This morning she wasn't quite herself and rather reluctantly ate half her breakfast, she is moving very badly and keeps lying down suddenly, she is also back to looking odd shaped again.

She's going to the vets at nine and I have a sneaking feeling we're looking at an ex lap today.......I think there is very probably lino blocking her gut, she ate some a while ago and I've got a feeling there's still some in there!!!! unless it's something else but that's my feeling.

Also just to make matters worse, James the midget dog swallowed a clothes peg yesterday evening and we are waiting to see if he has any problems with that too............

please keep fingers crossed for Moonpig today because she is one very unhappy little dog :( :( :(

Oh Bless dear moonpig, I do hope they have sorted her out and she is more comfy again now, and as for young james, well he is a Beagle!!!

i hope all goes well today for moonpig and that midget sorts his peg out himself

my thoughts are with you today and good luck :luck:

The sooner the op is over, the better for Moonpig by the sound of things :eek:

Poor lass, she must be feeling so rough. Good luck and huggles for her :luck: :luck: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Aw, hope they are both feeling better soon. :luck:

Hi all,

dear Moonpig is being kept in at the vets...they are doing bloods and x rays this morning.

she looks so odd poor lamb.

i'm working over there at twelve so should be with her when they do the necessary and atleast if they open her up I'll be able to see it happen. :lol: :eek:

there could be an issue with her liver which was in the back of my mind as she looks oddly barrel shaped but the bloods should reveal that anyway.

provided all is well and she can have treatment and can come home, there will be another Moonpig story soon..I'm working on Moonpigs version of The Apprentice, with the whippets and the midget as the candidates. :lol:

Hope you get a good result. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Poor Moonpig :( Hope to hear some good news back later and hope so much she is feeling much better :luck: :huggles:

Fingers crossed that James doesn't have any trouble with the peg situation either :luck: (w00t) :huggles:

Poor Moonpig :( Hope to hear some good news back later and hope so much she is feeling much better :luck: :huggles: Fingers crossed that James doesn't have any trouble with the peg situation either :luck: (w00t) :huggles:

Thanks..the little midget is fine this morning so far, he was very unhappy and vomitty last night but has been trying to take washing off the line and get pegs again this morning.

i told the vet earlier that james had consumed a peg and may be in later for surgical removal so they are prepared for that scenario.

Today I am very glad that both of these dogs are insured. :lol:

Poor Moonpig :flowers:

I hope the vet makes you feel better soon :wub: :wub:

Poor Moonpig :( Hope she feels well again soon, sending love and hugs :huggles:

hope they will both be fine hun, ive got everything crossed for u

Hi guys,

Moonpig is staying in the vets tonight..she has pancreatitis and is on a drip and she's had antibiotics and pain relief.

she seemed much brighter just now when i left her, she also managed to escape from one of her kennels and ran round the practice until she found me, trailing her drip bag behind her as she ran :eek: :lol:

I shall go visit her in the morning with a view to brining her home.

she has to be starved until sunday morning to give her pancreas a rest and then special diet for a few days and then gradually re-introduce her normal food and see what happens.

thanks for the good wishes, I'll pass them on to my little Moony thing tomorrow. x

ps midget still seems ok so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that, bless her little heart xxx hope it settles quickly and she learn what is a good diet and what is not...and maybe teaches Midget at the same time...although I fear she has been a bad influence to this point in time...

Poor Moonpig :( Hope to hear some good news back later and hope so much she is feeling much better :luck: :huggles: Fingers crossed that James doesn't have any trouble with the peg situation either :luck: (w00t) :huggles:

Thanks..the little midget is fine this morning so far, he was very unhappy and vomitty last night but has been trying to take washing off the line and get pegs again this morning.

i told the vet earlier that james had consumed a peg and may be in later for surgical removal so they are prepared for that scenario.

Today I am very glad that both of these dogs are insured. :lol:

Glad he is ok :D I think you need eyes in the back of your head as far as he is concerned :-

That's great news that Moonpig is on the mend, bless her :huggles: I am sure there will be a great story for us all to hear in the next few days :thumbsup:

You are right Insurance is a great asset in times like these :-

:eek: i do hope poor moonpig is ok and little james will be ok poor you :huggles: :huggles:

It's a relief to have a diagnosis, isn't it!! :sweating:

At least you can move forward towards recovery with Moony now :D

Bless her, give her a moon-hug from me when you see her tomorrow :thumbsup:

Hope you get your girl back home tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor poorly Moonpig ... pancreatitis is horrible (had a dachsie with it) ... feel better soon little one.

Annie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back