The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Muphys memoires

Discussion in 'Dog Diaries' started by Mad Murphy, May 22, 2018.

1. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Oh no - hope you feel better later and it isn't too sore.

2. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

'Thanks I'll live but Im angry at myself. this in the third time in one year Ive fallen and I havent even had the good grace to be drunk....

It has ruined my plans for baking though. It looks like it will be shop bought bread and biscuits for a while now.

3. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Ouch! I hope you mend quickly xx

Mad Murphy likes this.
  4. Ari_RR

Ari_RR Well-Known Member Registered

I just realized the true reason why I am the one with the leash when we both are out with the dog. It’s because should something like this happen to my dearest wife, she will be mad angry too, but not just at herself :) Someone will have to be the lightning rod, and it won’t be the dog.

Feel better!

JoanneF and Mad Murphy like this.
  5. Mad Murphy

Its ok to laugh...
    After patching myself up yesterday I spent the day doing things one handed and saying ouch a lot (or words to that effect) when I forgot. The girl at the local shop spoke exclusively to my bruised face and tried to give me change without letting it touch my hand.
    Then last night I woke up at about 2am and thought Id had a stroke, like its not bad enough to 'have a fall'(thats what they say to old people) and look as if Id lost a bare knuckle fight I had to have a stroke as well?
    My face felt odd, tight and I couldnt move my mouth properly or fully open my eye on one side. Without thinking I reached up to feel my face and yelped saying ouch again, I had forgotten the injuries to my fingers. Then using the other hand I did a better inspection of my face only to find that one of the very large sticky plasters had somehow peeled off my hand and attached itself to my face from my top lip to the corner of my eye. Laughing from relief that it wasnt a stroke and again without thinking I reached for the edge and yanked the plaster off my face giving myself a facial waxing in the act...
    Oh the night air was blue in our house!!

JoanneF likes this.
  6. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Lol!!

I've wondered if there's an age where you switch from 'falling over' to 'having a fall'...

I had a similar experience when I woke up in the night with the skin on my face feeling really odd. I put my hand up, and it was all rough, dry and scaly, with bits falling off:eek: Turned the light on, and found I'd had a nosebleed in my sleep which had then dried on my face!

7. Mad Murphy

Nose bleed spounds nasty...

my son who has a weird sense of humour ( cant imagine where that came from) just said, well you still have the walker we got dad for his 60th birthday in the loft maybe you could use that if youre going to keep falling down everywhere..

JudyN likes this.