The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

My Latest Lodgers!

Lisa73

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well anyone who knows me knows im a greyhound girl at heart :- " :lol: but it must be whippet season at Gap! On Saturday a little girl came to us from a SW pound just 20 inches but some saluki in there aswell then I got a phone call from our kennels....

We are contracted to take all the stray sighthounds from them once their time is up unless they are reserved and Baxter as he has now been named had been sent over to them as he had been rehomed twice from the pound and bounced both times!!!

Both homes brought him back saying he was a nervous petrified shaking little thing and they couldnt keep him as he was obviously unhappy. Of course thinking nervy whippy I flew over and picked him up within the hour to bring here BUT I also had a big Meet & Greet in Hanley town center to attend so shot over there straight after. I was going to get him picked up but he was fine! He spent the whole day cleaning sausage roll and chocolate off kids in prams faces, lazing around like only whippets can, showing off his new Mummy and was that un nervous half the time he would sit at my heel without me holding the leash.

He is a very steady, calm boy, who to be fair has been the perfect house guest and we dont know is here. I dont do whippets and if we could keep him I would in a heartbeat.

Does this lad look nervous to you??

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

Then Monday came a very sad call. Due to exceptionally tragic circumstances three whippets needed to be collected from there home asap. I shot straight down from Stoke to Milton Keynes to fetch them back. 2 girls were described as more nervous and the older girl was the more confident one. On landing the two nervous girls climbed all over me on the floor whilst Madam stood eyeing me from a distance. She has had alot of responsibility lately first for her Mum then her whippety sisters. The other 2 headed to foster homes local to myself and Madam came home with me to be *kept an eye on*

So into our lives walked Gangly a six year old whippet bitch :D

Gangly is now known as Miss Whiplash. She is hysterical and a 19 inch Hitler complete with Jack Boots :lol: My poor dogs dont know whats hit them!!! We no longer have play sessions we have workshops ran by Miss Whiplash herself. Refusal to attend workshops results in being yapped at, your bed dragged from under your bum and lots of being shoulder barged. Should you congregate in another area of the room and try to turn back to play sessions then you get stropped over to and once again reminded off the workshop you are meant to be attending with alot of posturing, plenty of paws on your back and stiff ears up behaviour. :lol: She is hysterical and my 29 & 30 inch greyhound lads are terrified of her. She also stomps over to us demanding to be picked up and will sit for hours if you dont holding up one paw and just glaring.

Here she is with my OH who also doesnt do whippets. :lol: Madam made sure he had no choice!! How much does she look like butter wouldnt melt?

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5974.jpg

Fingers crossed they both have experienced sighthound homes to go too soon once they are vacced and neutered :)

theres definatly a whippet rush on how odd. I am sure they will fined good homes. its funny how non sighthound peoepl miatake excitment quivers of put my a coat on its cold for being nervous and scared. poor greyhounds dont stand a chance when a bossy whippet girl come in your home laceys keepd all my greyhounds in order since the day she arrived and everyone does as she says

good luck with the right homes

wendy

Oh how sad - that Black and White boy is stunning and would go so well with Bluebell :wub: :wub:

Good Luck with them

IMG_5948.jpg

How old is he?? He really is beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

wow that b/w boy is a stunner

:luck: finding there for every homes

meddling said:
IMG_5948.jpg

How old is he?? He really is beautiful :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Judging by his back teeth and slighly greying face I would say around 5ish :wub:

We absolutly adore him. I am so use to fosters moving on have had around 500 to date but there will be stamping feet and tears before bedtime when this lad leaves :lol:

Lisa73 said:
meddling said:
IMG_5948.jpg

Judging by his back teeth and slighly greying face I would say around 5ish :wub:

We absolutly adore him. I am so use to fosters moving on have had around 500 to date but there will be stamping feet and tears before bedtime when this lad leaves :lol:

I am so in love with him :wub:

Lisa whippets bossing greyhounds about is normal. You've met my William well he turns into a quivering lump when my Tegan goes on the rampage bossing everyone about. She's had him on the floor screaming on more than one occassion because he didn't do as she told him

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: finding forever homes for them both the boy is :wub: :wub: :wub: who ever has him will be very lucky :thumbsup:

I wouldn't think you'll have these two long. They are lovely :wub:

Go for it Clair :thumbsup:

aww they both look so sweet and can see why youve fallen for the boy clair :wub: :wub: good luck to them both :luck: :luck: :luck: and yes clair i would definatley try for him :huggles:

meddling said:
Lisa73 said:
meddling said:
IMG_5948.jpg

I am so in love with him :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]Claire get your ass down there and get him[/SIZE].... :lol: :lol:

.........................before I DO....isnt he lush... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
AnnSa said:
I wouldn't think you'll have these two long. They are lovely  :wub:  

Go for it Clair  :thumbsup:

trish g said:
aww they both look so sweet and can see why youve fallen for the boy clair :wub:   :wub:   good luck to them both :luck:   :luck:   :luck:   and yes clair i would definatley try for him :huggles:
Oh Girls, don't. I would love to have him :wub: :wub: , he is exactly the dog that I want as a companion for Bluebells many long walks :wub: ...but I can't with Alfie the way he is, I live in a little house and Alfie although very happy and comfortable, he's doddery and falls a lot :( . It just wouldn't be fair on Alfie or on Baxter (I even adore the name :wub: )

i've such a soft spot for black n white boys but no home is complete without a feisty madam either :lol:

Hi - Baxter looks lovely - just wondering where he lives at the moment? I am in East Yorkshire but willing to travel! We have an ex-racer Greyhound at the moment and are looking for a companion for him.

Hiya thanks for the interest in Baxter he has got a home locally to me with a whippet girlie and a cat. Her new owners are in South Africa getting married at the moment but will be home Wednesday

omg Baxter is totally stunning...................if only i could talk my horrid grumpy old man round :( :( :(

Hi - thanks for getting back to me an so glad to hear he's got a nice new home. Many thanks, Diane

Lisa73 said:
Hiya thanks for the interest in Baxter he has got a home locally to me with a whippet girlie and a cat. Her new owners are in South Africa getting married at the moment but will be home Wednesday
Awwwww i'm glad Baxter is sorted for a new home, and locally to you so you might get to see him still.

I'm sad though I couldn't have had him :( , he just looks the perfect boy for me :wub:

meddling said:
Lisa73 said:
Awwwww i'm glad Baxter is sorted for a new home, and locally to you so you might get to see him still.

I'm sad though I couldn't have had him :( , he just looks the perfect boy for me :wub:

Woud have been nice for Bluebell :thumbsup:

But its nice to know Baxter has a nice home :))

Aww they are both gorgeous. Sp glad Baxter has found a new home :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back